WC: TEAM USA

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think he's been consistently one of the best forwards. With a bit more luck he'd have closer to double his point total as he's hit quite a few posts. He's been all over the ice harassing the opposition, causing havoc on the forecheck and in front of the opposing net, and providing excellent board work.
This might be a bit off but he is really giving me Brandon Hagel vibes. A player that busts his ass, goes to the dirty areas, has a nice release/shot, throws the body and can skate out there...

Mazur has really opened some eyes here. Definitely a player to watch for over the next few years, excited for him. Love when young guys come to these, do well and elevate their name moving forward. Win/win situation for the player and USA Hockey.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I don't like that suspension. He already missed an entire game, his team had to kill a major penalty, it wasn't intentional, and it's doesn't end that way if Sandin doesn't try to sidestep a hit and fail.

It'd be one thing if Eyssimont stuck out his leg in reaction to Sandin trying to dodge a hit. If he did that, I'd be in favor of the suspension. But it largely went knee on knee because Sandin didn't want to absorb a hit.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
It is criminal that the so-called number one PP-line wasted two minutes again and Garland and Hutson are sitting on the bench.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
The last pass attempt on that PP, looking for Gauthier, almost cost the US a goal. Get the puck on net.

Really happy with defensive zone exits. Getting the puck up'n out has been really good. And consistent forecheck I'm liking.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
I was a bit worried about this game. It would have been shitty to lose after a great preliminary round. From start to finish, well controlled and I am especially happy that own end stays clean really well. We have often fallen into just that.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
IF Vegas wins tonight and sweeps Dallas, there will be no NHL games over the weekend (although I expect the Stanley Cup Finals to be moved up), it would be nice if they used that opportunity to market USA at the World Championships, but the fact that it's only on NHL Network and ESPN doesn't have the rights to it (they do for non-USA or Canada games which they put some on ESPN+) makes it tougher.

Reactions: Chainshot

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
You guys should have won at least 6-0 to make it even bigger disgrace for Czech hockey.

It's fun to watch this fast, young and skilled US team... right from the 1st pre-tournament game. And as a Flyers fan, it's great to watch what Gauthier can do. Hopefully this year they already make appearance in the gold medal game, good luck.

Reactions: Deep Blue Metallic

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
It wasn't a lopsided score but it was a lopsided game. That was their most complete effort so far. Czechia did a good job shutting down the most dangerous chances but they were smothered by the US all game, all 200 feet. Outside of a couple of minutes / saves, it was basically a day off for DeSmith. The only thing I didn't like is the start of each period when they looked pedestrian but they always reeled it in quickly. The PK was strong. The one PP wasn't great but my main gripe there is the top unit is chewing up too much of each PP; the 2nd unit is dangerous.

There are no easy opponents in the semifinals. Germany lost 1-goal games to the US, Finland, and Sweden in the preliminary round and beat Switzerland in the QF. They are capable of beating the US. The US did play its worst game - by a country mile - against Germany in the preliminary round. No one showed up in that game - player or team - and they weren't skating at all. They had a personal wake-up call already against Germany, so I don't expect them to no-show again. I think the original no-show was a combination of over-confidence after beating Finland and that they had already beaten Germany in an exhibition, a game that was a comfortable win barring Germany scoring 3 in the last 11 minutes when DeSmith had been pulled.

The semifinals have always been our achilles heel during the actual tournament. For whatever reasons, it's been a hill we've continually failed to climb. This team seems poised to do it. It won't be easy but if they lose this one, it might be the most disappointing semifinal loss in the modern era.

Onward!

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
i have to admit that when i saw roster of team usa, i was laught .. and think it is a shitty roster. I expected bigger names but the way how they play how good is this team and how they look on the ice is really beautifull and i hope this team can make gold medal,, lets go USA !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad