Olympics: Team USA 2022

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Abdelkader must be wondering why'd I sign up for this if I'm just going to sit.

I am pumped for this game tonight.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Abdelkader must be wondering why'd I sign up for this if I'm just going to sit.

I am pumped for this game tonight.

I wouldn't sell him short. He was added as a taxi squad player, I'm sure he knew the role he'd play. USAH was very complimentary to Abdelkader and the off-ice leadership role he assumed at the prior WC after his injury. I'm sure he's doing the same here for the youngest team in the tournament.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Really excellent start and then we lost the way a bit. I loved how we were attacking the net out of the gates with players and pucks. Then we just started aimlessly dumping it into the corner. We got back to driving the net late, so hopefully lesson learned. Huge to get that goal late and go into the break on a high.

Tired guys led to the goal against. Faber was stuck out there awhile and coverage was dreadfully lost. Slavkofsky can really wire it.

How dreadful was the missed high stick against Beniers? That was a violent stick to his eye area and nothing.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Con: we're leaving a lot of shots on the table with our over-passing

Pro: we've scored twice on fantastic passing sequences

Hentges has been a great addition to the lineup. He's brought great energy every shift, nice to see him rewarded.

Reactions: Northerner

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Not really. It's been an even game. Slovakia has played well this period but they haven't been creating anything of quality. Stressed about that Canada QF?

LOL you sure we watching the same game? Strauss Mann is leaving rebounds all over the place. There’s been a lot of quality chances for Slovakia. Good on USA for making good on their rush chances but they are being absolutely dominated and hemmed in. They can’t get anything going.
Lol not even in the slightest worried for Canada.

Reactions: stastny12

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
LOL you sure we watching the same game? Strauss Mann is leaving rebounds all over the place. There’s been a lot of quality chances for Slovakia. Good on USA for making good on their rush chances but they are being absolutely dominated and hemmed in. They can’t get anything going.

Mann could clean up some rebounds but he has maybe faced like one high quality chance this period. Slovakia is doing a great job throwing everything at the net but the point is to score.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017

The game has been hard played and very even in my eyes. Mann doesn't look shaky at all. Looks like a guy who plays pro in Swedish Elite league. Lol. Id like to see my Wild pick him up he's a solid net minder from my vantage point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad