Olympics: Team USA 2022

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
One ofvthe worst power plays I've ever seen. Blew 4 chances including a 5v3 for 90 seconds. Awful shootout attempts as well. Deserved the loss.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
It wouldn't be a hockey tournament without the USAH QF choke to bow out of the tournament. By no means was this team the favorite but to not play for a medal as the #1 seed is a massive failure. That game was a slog for both teams. Congrats to Slovakia on the big win. Excited to see them restoring their great hockey tradition.

Those were some terrible shootout attempts. I know shootouts are hard in these random situations but they didn't do enough to test Rybar. Brisson and Farrell with the same attempt, Smith with a low percentage deke, and Miele basically handed it right to him. Miele in particular had a pretty awful game.

In the end, I think we made two glaring mistakes with the roster. We should have picked some more size. We sacrificed too much size for speed. There's big guys who skate well, too, but it was basically NHL ice and we struggled at times against the size of Slovakia and Germany. And we should have brought along an Attard and/or Lohrei to man the PP along with Sanderson. Our PPs continually died a slow death at the point and it cost us the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrmovies779

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
USA Hockey needs to develop better coaches. They all coach so regressively. That in the end was a coaching loss between the 5-on-3 and leaving Beniers on the bench in the shootout.

The coaches had no idea what to do with the PP. I saw Perbix, Kampfer, Ness, Warsofsky, and Faber on the PPs tonight. How are we this far along and still using 5 different d-men on the PP because we don't have it figured out? I get that losing Sanderson was a big blow to the PP as he was the top QB but we should have (a) never assembled a roster with only 1 sure-thing to run a PP and (b) adjusted throughout the tournament as Sanderson has missed most of it and the PP hasn't looked good the whole time.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
It wouldn't be a hockey tournament without the USAH QF choke to bow out of the tournament. By no means was this team the favorite but to not play for a medal as the #1 seed is a massive failure. That game was a slog for both teams. Congrats to Slovakia on the big win. Excited to see them restoring their great hockey tradition.

Those were some terrible shootout attempts. I know shootouts are hard in these random situations but they didn't do enough to test Rybar. Brisson and Farrell with the same attempt, Smith with a low percentage deke, and Miele basically handed it right to him. Miele in particular had a pretty awful game.

In the end, I think we made two glaring mistakes with the roster. We should have picked some more size. And we should have brought along an Attard and/or Lohrei to man the PP along with Sanderson. Our PPs continually died a slow death at the point and it cost us the game.

No one excuse for not getting better opportunities on the 5\3. Didn't try to force anything coming off the elbow.

Also don't understand why Ness was out at the end.
Should have been Kampfer and Perbix.
Guys are going to be crashing low so you don't want a smaller D man there.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
USA Hockey needs to develop better coaches. They all coach so regressively. That in the end was a coaching loss between the 5-on-3 and leaving Beniers on the bench in the shootout.

Coaches aren't the issue. They opted to go young and
some inexperience cost them tonight. Faber lost his stick behind the net and went after it instead of going directly in front and possibly blocking the shot. Experienced player doesn't do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad