Olympics: Team USA 2022

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
We have a lot of defense options. This is a good problem. I’m going to say that I’m going to be pretty disappointed if Fox doesn’t make this team. I’m not convinced we have more than 3-4 defenseman better than him. I may be biased, but I’m also not pushing any other Rangers like Trouba, DeAngelo, Kreider, Lindgren, Miller to make this team. They don’t deserve it. Fox clearly does.

Kreider IMO will make the team and not because of his
hot hand. USA Hockey likes him as he played last two
Worlds and can be effective Int. ice or NHL ice.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
One name I would love to find room for just because of him answering the call is Anders Lee. I really wanted him on my team, but again-younger/faster players with his size that can do what he does as well.

Brock Nelson/Cam Atkinson as well I wish we could fit both coming multiple times to play for us at the WC.

A 4th line of Lee-Nelson-Kreider isn't getting embarrassed by anyone including Canada.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Kreider IMO will make the team and not because of his
hot hand. USA Hockey likes him as he played last two
Worlds and can be effective Int. ice or NHL ice.

I can see Kreider being considered. He's the type of player that can play anywhere in the lineup and be effective.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I don't think Kessel deserves a sniff at this roster. He's just not the same as he used to be.

Someone I do think deserves at least a look on the bottom pairing defensively or as an extra defenseman is Brandon Carlo. May be more of an option for the 2026 team, but his defensive ability could be a great addition if he played alongside someone like Hughes.

Bruins fan here and Carlo to me is 8-10 on USA RD
depth chart.

Jones
Carlson
McAvoy
Petry
Pionk
Fox
Trouba
Pesce
Carlo
Marino

Probably missing another RD.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Now its obvious that your coaches be fools not to put DeBrincat-Matthews-Kane together.
That line would be dangerous every second of each shift. - probably the best line at the Olympics
- put behind them a offensive d-man and a defensively responsible d-man with good passing ability....magic will happen.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Now its obvious that your coaches be fools not to put DeBrincat-Matthews-Kane together.
That line would be dangerous every second of each shift. - probably the best line at the Olympics
- put behind them a offensive d-man and a defensively responsible d-man with good passing ability....magic will happen.

I agree!

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

danj7

Dec 17, 2017
So many options ... agree with the top line and truly love rewarding the USA regulars. This might be how I would line up if being played today:
Debrincat - Matthews - Kane
Tkachuk - Eichel - Tkachuk
Kreider - Larkin- Atkinson
Lee - Nelson - Gaudreau
x-Boeser & Miller

Slavin - Carlson
Hughes - McAvoy
Werenski - Jones
x-McDonagh & Petry

Gibson
Hellebuyck

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Why does everyone forget McDonagh?

McDonagh will be 3rd pair LD IMO

LD................RD
Werenski. Jones
Slavin. Carlson
McDonagh McAvoy
Hughes. Petry
Dumoulin Pionk
Krug. Trouba
Suter Fox
Schmidt. Pesce
Yandle Carlo
Fowler. Marino
Miller. E. Johnson
Leddy. Mayfield
Hanifin. Murphy

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
So many options ... agree with the top line and truly love rewarding the USA regulars. This might be how I would line up if being played today:
Debrincat - Matthews - Kane
Tkachuk - Eichel - Tkachuk
Kreider - Larkin- Atkinson
Lee - Nelson - Gaudreau
x-Boeser & Miller

Slavin - Carlson
Hughes - McAvoy
Werenski - Jones
x-McDonagh & Petry

Gibson
Hellebuyck

Almost exactly as I see it.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
If anyone honestly feels Debrincat shouldn't make team USA please watch tonight's game vs the Lightning...also, if you feel he shouldn't play with Kane...again please see tonight's game vs Lightning...if after seeing all this and you have these feelings, please see yourself out lol...

Cat and Kane are magic- pure freaking magic together...

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
If anyone honestly feels Debrincat shouldn't make team USA please watch tonight's game vs the Lightning...also, if you feel he shouldn't play with Kane...again please see tonight's game vs Lightning...if after seeing all this and you have these feelings, please see yourself out lol...

Cat and Kane are magic- pure freaking magic together...
Yeah, I watched a couple hawks games this past week, I really don't think you'll be able to leave DeBrincat off the team, he's forcing the matter. And if you want him and Kane playing together then who is the center? Do you want DeBrincat playing with Matthews, or should we have more of a puck retriever and workhorse getting the puck to Matthews? Maybe Kane and DeBrincat play with Eichel, idk? Also think Farabee if he keeps up could force a conversation, but I think it'll still be too soon for him.

DeBrincat - Matthews - Kane
Connor - Eichel - Boeser
Gaudreau - Larkin - M. Tkachuk
B. Tkachuk - Trocheck - Wheeler
Hughes - Miller

For my roster I removed Guentzel to make room for DeBrincat, but could just as easily take Hughes off.

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Duncan Keith got top 2 minutes on a much deeper defence.

I think he's going to surprise and not only make the team, but be a key player.
Duncan Keith received alot of accolades over the years that he didn't deserve. He was/is a top offensive D-man. But he is/was a turnover machine as he plays a risky game in all zones. There is a clear bias in Canada for offensive defenseman, hence the fact that points is a huge part of the Norris discussion each year while a D's main responsibility is keeping the puck out of their net. Keith benefits greatly from this. Don't get me wrong, he is very good. But he is treated like he is the second coming of Bobby Orr and he just isn't. Hughes is getting the benefit of this mindset which ignores defensive frailty if the offense is good - great.

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
That's silly. Hughes will get abused by top players in his own zone. He is the American Duncan Keith; just worse in his own zone.
Hughes had decent metrics in his own zone last year when paired with a defensively responsible partner, and that’s what I’d do with him IMO. Pair him with a guy like Petry and tell Jeff his only responsibility is to cover and stay deep.

Hughes is just too talented offensively for me to leave off. He’s one of if not the best power play QB in the league right now.

mphmiles

Jan 1, 2017
Yeah, I watched a couple hawks games this past week, I really don't think you'll be able to leave DeBrincat off the team, he's forcing the matter. And if you want him and Kane playing together then who is the center? Do you want DeBrincat playing with Matthews, or should we have more of a puck retriever and workhorse getting the puck to Matthews? Maybe Kane and DeBrincat play with Eichel, idk? Also think Farabee if he keeps up could force a conversation, but I think it'll still be too soon for him.

DeBrincat - Matthews - Kane
Connor - Eichel - Boeser
Gaudreau - Larkin - M. Tkachuk
B. Tkachuk - Trocheck - Wheeler
Hughes - Miller

For my roster I removed Guentzel to make room for DeBrincat, but could just as easily take Hughes off.
Pretty much my roster. I think by next year Hughes is one of the 4 best US C’s, but I could see them wanting a more matchup type player on the 4th line even if I think that’s a mistake.

Reactions: JiggsNY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad