WC: Team Sweden Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Lindholm - Klingberg
OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - Nemeth

But what if Lindholm and Nemeth declines....then Tre Kronor has to call in Fantenberg and Folin. Fantenberg - Folin as a 3rd pairing is not bad. Or maybe Lundberg-Martinsson from SHL.

Larsson - Klingberg
OEL - Gustafsson
Fantenberg - Folin/Lundberg - Martinsson

and then there is rahimi....he looks good with the puck in the shl playoffs...he is dominating lindström-pär-möller....

Hägg - Borgman?

Ryan - Wikstrand ?

Forsling - Holm ?

Hedman - Strålman !! (Can lose to Boston, you know...)

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
I dont want bratt, and Johansson is going to decline because of the concussion.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
MoJo should be a lock if he wants to go, he's very close to a best-on-best team. Arguably a higher potential on the big ice, too.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
MoJo should be a lock if he wants to go, he's very close to a best-on-best team. Arguably a higher potential on the big ice, too.
He played really well before his concussion aswell. Pretty similar to Zibanejad’s season looking at it that way.

archibald

Apr 14, 2017
I think we can assume that the goalie trio is set - Nilsson, Hellberg, Fasth.

The D-pairings will probably look something like this:

Lindholm-Klingberg
OEL-Larsson
Gustafsson-X

With Player X being one of the european players. I think that Wikstrand, Pilut, Rahimi, Martinsson are all in the mix. Then I think they're gonna stay cool and hold spots for quality guys getting eliminated from the playoffs(Hedman, Strålman, Ekholm).

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Without someone hating me, but when will a swedish journalist pop the question about pettersson and whc?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lets be realistic. Grönborg will not invite Elias Pettersson. We all know it. Grey beard is very stubborn. Marcus Johansson has been injured all season so he will not come either. Landeskog will decline since he already played thousands of WHC. Nylander played last year and got a gold and if i am not misstaken he has a conact situation with Toronto so we can forget about him. Wennberg just had a injury. I dont think Nemeth will get a invite. I have a feeling that Rahimi will grab a spot, with the season he had and the fact that Popovic loves him.

Rakell - Zibanejad - Rosen
Nyquist - Backlund - Möller
Janmark - Kempe - Rödin
JDLR - J.Larsson - Pääjärvi

Lindholm - Klingberg
OEL - Larsson
Gustafsson - Rahimi

Nilsson
Hellberg
Fasth :thumbd:

No thanks to Söderberg. I will scream if he gets a invite.

4 spots open for stanley cup reinforcements.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I think we can assume that the goalie trio is set - Nilsson, Hellberg, Fasth.

The D-pairings will probably look something like this:

Lindholm-Klingberg
OEL-Larsson
Gustafsson-X

With Player X being one of the european players. I think that Wikstrand, Pilut, Rahimi, Martinsson are all in the mix. Then I think they're gonna stay cool and hold spots for quality guys getting eliminated from the playoffs(Hedman, Strålman, Ekholm).

wikstrand have shown nothing to get a spot. wikstrand is not even top 10 d in SHL.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Considering that Fasth didn't play in the finals, can we assume he is healthy enough to go? I think there is a strong possibility he declines an invite

If he turns down invitation he will need to have his head examined.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
but for 50 games he did nothing. he was benched in stanley cup. he ran out of gas.
If Sweden was doing their homework Bratt has been very good the last 4 or 5 games he played. Yes he hit a wall but the rest did him wonders. He was our best forward in the elimination game against Tampa. It is Hischier that has absolutely nothing left in the tank.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If Sweden was doing their homework Bratt has been very good the last 4 or 5 games he played. Yes he hit a wall but the rest did him wonders. He was our best forward in the elimination game against Tampa. It is Hischier that has absolutely nothing left in the tank.

Ok ok i want him on the team. But if he ends up with 0 points in this tournament then i will blame you for it .

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
There is no room for lander. Zibanejad, Backlund, kempe and j.larsson have locked the center positions. But yeah lander is probaly better than j.larsson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad