WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Yeah, it's sad it's always a giant lottery what kind of team you get. Ultimately the World Championship should only be played every 2nd year or 4th year to give it some prestige but then all the old farts organizing this thing wouldn't get as much money.

It's frustrating they won't change it, because I think simply having it every second year would do wonders for the tournament.

Just put yourself in the shoes of an NHL player. If the World Championship was only played every second year, that could be your only ticket to prove yourself on the national team before the next Olympics.

Now it's "Meh, Olympics is four years away. My team probably won't pass the first round of the SC playoffs most times before then, so I'll have at least one or two more chances to play in World Championships before Olympics".

That's how I would reason under the current format, probably.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
They should start the WC a week later. To get more NHL players.
I think the problem is the sheer length of the Stanley Cup playoffs. The best would of course be to hold the tournament after the NHL playoffs has ended so that everyone is available, but by that time, teams who missed the playoffs would'nt have had played any game in months.

But yeah, I think holding the tournament every other year would be a good start to raising the status of the tournament.

Reactions: ZEBROA

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Has Sweden ever tryed a foreign HC? Finland has had Curre and Shedden.
1653911695030.png

Not since 1972...

I think it would be good to get some outside influence, yes

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Perhaps not awful, but going from that to best player on the team is a stretch... 😁

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Josef Boumedinne is new assistent general manager for Tre Kronor. I like the choice. He is well connected and is a cool dude. Loved him as a player, offensive skilled + physical and mean. Should have played more games for Tre Kronor.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden

Josef Boumedinne is new assistent general manager for Tre Kronor. I like the choice. He is well connected and is a cool dude. Loved him as a player, offensive skilled + physical and mean. Should have played more games for Tre Kronor.
He kinda wanted to declare for Finland for a while because of his lack of chances..

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He kinda wanted to declare for Finland for a while because of his lack of chances..
He said several times he as much a finn as he is a swede and algerian.

His parents are from Algeria and Finland. But born and raised in Sweden.

Speaks fluent Algerian, finnish and Swedish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad