WC: Team Sweden roster 2022

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
WHC matters because we dont have best on best anymore. And its not like Sweden would stand a chance in a best on best against the powerhouses Canada, USA, Finland and Russia. So WHC matters even more, bigger chance to get sucess in WHC.

U18 is just kids. If you look up, Sweden hade not had sucess in long time in U20 WJC.
Sweden had a lot of players declining and success goes in periods. Sometimes you win, somerimes you lose. Its hockey and its life. Having a bad coach who doesn't have the trust of his players doesn't exactly help either.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
If I look at SHL, 90% of Frölunda. So I've only seen Hallam in a few games so I can rate him more. What are its strengths and weaknesses? And what can I look forward to if I start a Swedish match?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Sweden had a lot of players declining and success goes in periods. Sometimes you win, somerimes you lose. Its hockey and its life. Having a bad coach who doesn't have the trust of his players doesn't exactly help either.
Yeah, it's sad it's always a giant lottery what kind of team you get. Ultimately the World Championship should only be played every 2nd year or 4th year to give it some prestige but then all the old farts organizing this thing wouldn't get as much money.

Reactions: Elvs

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
As long as it's not best-on-best people who don't care now wouldn't care then either. And those that do, do every year. I don't really see the issue.

Reactions: theslatcher

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Look how good Finland is doing year after year with many Liiga players. We should give the chance to some swedes in Liiga to play for Tre Kronor. More swedes should go to Liiga.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Look how good Finland is doing year after year with many Liiga players. We should give the chance to some swedes in Liiga to play for Tre Kronor. More swedes should go to Liiga.
Liiga is shit and Finland barely have any Liiga players on their rosters. Liiga is slightly better than Allsvenskan. We just need a good coach, like Finland.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Its not about the quality of the European leagues its about coaching. If you hire someone who doesn’t have any previous head coaching experience this is what you get.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Liiga is shit and Finland barely have any Liiga players on their rosters. Liiga is slightly better than Allsvenskan. We just need a good coach, like Finland.
Its not about the quality of the European leagues its about coaching. If you hire someone who doesn’t have any previous head coaching experience this is what you get.
Let me ask you guys, and be honest now. If Hallam fails with monster rosters 3 years in row, what is the problem? Then we are not just good anymore or too soft

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Let me ask you guys, and be honest now. If Hallam fails with monster rosters 3 years in row, what is the problem? Then we are not just good anymore or too soft
If Hallam fails with monster rosters, he’s shit and he is the problem. If we stop producing the top and depth NHLers to create monster rosters, we can worry. Right now, Swedish hockey is in a good spot regarless of WC results. We have tons of NHL stars and produce top draft picks every year. These last 2 WC tournaments don’t mean Swedish hockey in general is declining. We have had almost no players at all who would get close to our best roster, as is the case for all top teams in the tournament. These World Championship tournaments say little about an entire hockey program because every top nation has their D-team and one or two players who can make their best team.

The US don’t do well in the WCs. It’s obvious they are quite far ahead of Finland in producing hockey talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: FinPanda

matsqq

Jan 3, 2011
WHC matters because we dont have best on best anymore. And its not like Sweden would stand a chance in a best on best against the powerhouses Canada, USA, Finland and Russia. So WHC matters even more, bigger chance to get sucess in WHC.

U18 is just kids. If you look up, Sweden hade not had sucess in long time in U20 WJC.
At least Swedes still haven't reached that pathetic stage when we pretend to be finns and post stupid things to make finns look bad ;)

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Rofl... That's only thing needed to say about quality about that post..

How about we crushed your NHL team with Liiga team in 2019.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Rofl... That's only thing needed to say about quality about that post..

How about we crushed your NHL team with Liiga team in 2019.
You guys also crushed Russia NHL team and Canada NHL team. You are right, Liiga is better than NHL.

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
MIkko Kalteva once said that Allsvenskan is better than Liiga. Keep in mind that he is a finn.
Well.. wouldnt put much weight on those words.. Aint first time some hockey player say something like that.. Though not sure if it was a praise or finnish being a pessimist like they usually do

AKQJ

May 6, 2022
Turku
I agree. It is played too often and loses its luster.
I disagree. This is one of the oldest Championships in all sports. With its history it is special. Also it is great spring fest and myself being at these games 14 or 15 years it is special. I as a fan of Finnish hockey remember the painful years of 80's and current every year sucsess now. Mixture of emotions. And very nice with that.

Stanley Cup is not played too often either... LOL.

Reactions: THE JAM and jj cale

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Still don't understand how Nordström was voted top three player on the team. Can't feel good for Asplund and Dahlin sharing that "honor".

EDIT: My top three are Peterson, Nylander, OEL/Adam Larsson. How would you have chosen?

Last edited:

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I disagree. This is one of the oldest Championships in all sports. With its history it is special. Also it is great spring fest and myself being at these games 14 or 15 years it is special. I as a fan of Finnish hockey remember the painful years of 80's and current every year sucsess now. Mixture of emotions. And very nice with that.

Stanley Cup is not played too often either... LOL.
Yeah it is special, been watching it every year since 1977, bet there is not that many Canadians that can say that.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

"Vi ska sätta en egen liten prägel på det. Jag gillar sättet Tre Kronor har spelat på i år. Det var varit ett vägvinnande tajt spel. Det handlar inte om att det kommer att vara ett stort förändringsarbete, vi ska förädla och förändra lite nyanser här och där. "

THE JAM

Jan 16, 2015
EU
Sam Hallam said in a interview that he liked how Team Sweden have played this season. We are doomed.
That means the obvious: FIN-CAN or CAN-FIN will be continuously the final game in the next tournaments that matter :cool:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad