WC: Team Sweden Pt 2

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
prepare yourself! next year we will have a really bad team.

why? well this nhl-hype will die out and euro-league players will play in olympics in february and i dont think they are interesting in playing wc 2 months after that...

4 semi good nhlers with young players and grinder players from euro leagues will be the team.

the big tournament for us next year will be the olympics....i think we got a chance on gold if möller and lindström wants to play. olympics is olympics no matter what.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
How did Brodin & Eriksson Ek play? Thanks

Eriksson Ek was really good on the forcheck had some moment at the very least he will be a good top 9 player. Brodin didn't make many mistakes in the final, but he still didn't step up in the same way OEL/Strålman/Hedman did when it mattered

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
A guy who deserve some praise is Dennis Everberg, he was really really good in all games. I was shocked how good he was. He should play in NHL.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Eriksson Ek was really good on the forcheck had some moment at the very least he will be a good top 9 player. Brodin didn't make many mistakes in the final, but he still didn't step up in the same way OEL/Strålman/Hedman did when it mattered

Thank you sir

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
prepare yourself! next year we will have a really bad team.

why? well this nhl-hype will die out and euro-league players will play in olympics in february and i dont think they are interesting in playing wc 2 months after that...

4 semi good nhlers with young players and grinder players from euro leagues will be the team.

the big tournament for us next year will be the olympics....i think we got a chance on gold if möller and lindström wants to play. olympics is olympics no matter what.
The cba got reopened I'm not sure about the NHLrs yet the players reaaally want this and have shown their disapproval of this quite a few times I think the owners will eventually have to give in. If there are no NHLers in the Olympics however there is no way I will watch it. There is literally nothing attracting me to the winter olympics at all in that case.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
A guy who deserve some praise is Dennis Everberg, he was really really good in all games. I was shocked how good he was. He should play in NHL.

He has been playing in the NHL (2014-15 and 2015-2016), mostly fourth line duties with limited icetime for Colorado Avalanche. We will see if gets to play in the NHL again, I have no idea.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=13549

Next season I believe he will play for Avangard Omsk in the KHL.
http://www.hockeysverige.se/2017/05/18/vm-spelaren-lamnar-vaxjo-klar-ny-klubb/

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
To bad if there will be no NHL-players at the Olympics. Marcus Krüger is on line for the Triple Gold Club.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
To bad if there will be no NHL-players at the Olympics. Marcus Krüger is on line for the Triple Gold Club.

There would be no need for Kruger when we could have Backlund. Backlund can do what Kruger can but still bring more offensive. And then there is Zibanejad, Berglund etc.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
There would be no need for Kruger when we could have Backlund. Backlund can do what Kruger can but still bring more offensive. And then there is Zibanejad, Berglund etc.

Please just ****ing stop it with that disgraceful ***** Berglund he has no buisness in a swedish best on best team as a fringe player when he constantly declines Sweden in the whc with no reason given. **** him.

Bloomfield*

Feb 15, 2017
If there are nhlers in olympics:

Zibandejad-backstrom-nylander
Arvidsson-rakell-Forsberg

Is a really good top 6

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010

Would you really pick Backlund over Krüger? Backlund has never been as good in Tre Kronor as Krüger was in this tournament.

Backlund is one of those players I always feel disappointed in when a tournament ends.

Personally I like Krüger more than Berglund as well, never been much of a fan of his game either.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Kruger has won me over after his last couple of tournaments, don't think we have a better player for a 4th line role. I also think people like the idea of Berglund more than the actual Berglund, he just isn't what he was 7 years ago.

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
DAZ5hyFXoAAZTJD.jpg

???

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
nylander is the greatest player from sweden in 20 years!

what a player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, greatest forward since Bäckström though. We haven't been producing many great forwards for a while, so I'm actually more excited about him than an upcoming guy like Rasmus Dahlin, even though the latter is more hyped. Hopefully guys like Nylander and Filip Forsberg can make more Swedish kids want to become forwards again.

At the end of the day you can only ice six defensemen, while you can put out twice as many forwards. Finland had tons of amazing goalies for a while but that didn't help them much in tournaments since they could only use one of them at a time.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Nah, greatest forward since Bäckström though. We haven't been producing many great forwards for a while, so I'm actually more excited about him than an upcoming guy like Rasmus Dahlin, even though the latter is more hyped. Hopefully guys like Nylander and Filip Forsberg can make more Swedish kids want to become forwards again.

At the end of the day you can only ice six defensemen, and twice as many forwards. Finland had tons of amazing goalies for a while but that didn't help them much in tournaments since they could only use one of them.

Might take a few years before we get to see our best roster in action. Having a ton of quality D-men in the NHL to choose from will make us competitive every year at the WC.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Would you really pick Backlund over Krüger? Backlund has never been as good in Tre Kronor as Krüger was in this tournament.

Backlund is one of those players I always feel disappointed in when a tournament ends.

Personally I like Krüger more than Berglund as well, never been much of a fan of his game either.

Yes since Backlund can do what Kruger does but bring more offence, size and physicality. I see Backlund as an uppgraded version of Kruger. Take a look at Russia, Canada, and USA, they wont have a Kruger type of player in their roster. We should send 4 scoring lines. How was Backlund worse than Kruger in World Cup? Backlund have been good 3 straight World Championships, in 33 World Championship games Backlund have 18 points.

Bloomfield*

Feb 15, 2017

At the end of the day you can only ice six defensemen, while you can put out twice as many forwards. Finland had tons of amazing goalies for a while but that didn't help them much in tournaments since they could only use one of them at a time.

Alex nylander is in the pipeline. He has potential to become good.

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
Rakell is not a center.
Also, it would be a bit of a waste to have the three best goal scorers on the same line. Wennberg should complement Forsberg and Arvidsson well since he never shoots :sarcasm:.

The most balanced line up I can come up with is:

Landeskog - Bäckström - Nylander
Forsberg - Wennberg - Arvidsson
Rakell - Zetterberg - Zibanejad
Steen - Backlund - Silfverberg
Johansson

Kruger is underrated but I would still pick Backlund ahead of him.

hallonskal

Jun 1, 2010
Yes since Backlund can do what Kruger does but bring more offence, size and physicality. I see Backlund as an uppgraded version of Kruger. Take a look at Russia, Canada, and USA, they wont have a Kruger type of player in their roster. We should send 4 scoring lines. How was Backlund worse than Kruger in World Cup? Backlund have been good 3 straight World Championships, in 33 World Championship games Backlund have 18 points.

Backlund has had other roles than Krüger had in this tournament, so it isn't completely fair against Krüger to look at Backlunds points and say "hey, he is better". Backlund played on the first line in both 15-16 and in 13-14.

I don't think Backlund ever played physical hockey when he has played for Tre Kronor. He is a big body but always shy away when the game gets thougher. Krüger played with a lot more grit this tournament than I have ever seen Backlund show.

Backlund also wasn't good in the latest World Championship he participated in (15-16), he scored all his points against Lativa, Denmark and Kazakhstan. He had 0 points in the games vs Czech, Switzerland, Russia and Canada, in total he had 4 points in 8 games even though he playing on the first line during the whole tournament. I would hardly call that "good".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad