U18: Team Sweden 2022 U18 WJC roster talk

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
This team would probably not even look out of place as a tre kronor u20-team. Probably the deepest swedish roster I’ve seen atleast when it comes to forwards.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
This team would probably not even look out of place as a tre kronor u20-team. Probably the deepest swedish roster I’ve seen atleast when it comes to forwards.
The defense is also fairly good. Missing a top-end dman amongst the 2004's, but Lindstein should show the doubters that his production with Brynäs J20 isn't indicative of who he is.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
The defense is also fairly good. Missing a top-end dman amongst the 2004's, but Lindstein should show the doubters that his production with Brynäs J20 isn't indicative of who he is.
I’m of the opinion that you need one of those really top of the line players on D, even though that’s usually less important in junior tournament. But imagine someone with Edvinsson/Hedman/Dahlin/Karlsson talent on this team.

also pretty balanced I think there are all components on this team.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
They apparently played two exhibition games (3-2 vs USA and 6-0 vs Germany). Anyone have boxscores, lineups etc?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
From my viewings this game there is not a single competent defenseman on this team.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
From my viewings this game there is not a single competent defenseman on this team.

Having watched pretty much each game the 04 national team has played since U16.... goaltending and defense has always been very mediocre. Hugo Hävelid has probably not played a single really good game, yet he is the starter.

In this game (vs. Latvia), so far... Östlund and Stenberg showed up to play. Especially Östlund who is the best (Swedish) forward on the ice by far IMO.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Having watched pretty much each game the 04 national team has played since U16.... goaltending and defense has always been very mediocre. Hugo Hävelid has probably not played a single really good game, yet he is the starter.

In this game (vs. Latvia), so far... Östlund and Stenberg showed up to play. Especially Östlund who is the best (Swedish) forward on the ice by far IMO.
The forward side on paper looks stacked. This is just screaming Russia all F No D.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Öhgren had a bad game, and Lekkerimäki was understandably rusty. Östlund fantastic though.

O.Pettersson should never be in the top-9, it hurt me whenever he got the puck which meant for that shift nothing would happen and Leo wouldn't get to touch the puck.

Defense? Bad. Doesn't help that the coaches want them heavily involved when this should be a team led by the forwards.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Öhgren had a bad game, and Lekkerimäki was understandably rusty. Östlund fantastic though.

O.Pettersson should never be in the top-9, it hurt me whenever he got the puck which meant for that shift nothing would happen and Leo wouldn't get to touch the puck.

Defense? Bad. Doesn't help that the coaches want them heavily involved when this should be a team led by the forwards.
I noticed that at HGC, is it the same coaching staff from that tournament?

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
*** Noah Östlund
** no one
* Otto Stenberg

Never seen Lekkerimäki have such a bad game. Obviously not 100% after mono. Looked extremely slow, which was the case with Öhgren as well.

Bystedt showed some flashes. Leo Carlsson must be way more dominant at this level... vs. Latvia.

Hävelid as always, flashy offensively, horrible defensively. Only D I somewhat liked in this game was Elias Pettersson

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I noticed that at HGC, is it the same coaching staff from that tournament?
Yarp. The only way the coaching changes is if they choose to leave, and the coaching changes are ever only lateral.

Doesn't help the Swedish hockey federation set up a game plan they want every team to adhere by.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
*** Noah Östlund
** no one
* Otto Stenberg

Never seen Lekkerimäki have such a bad game. Obviously not 100% after mono. Looked extremely slow, which was the case with Öhgren as well.

Bystedt showed some flashes. Leo Carlsson must be way more dominant at this level... vs. Latvia.

Hävelid as always, flashy offensively, horrible defensively. Only D I somewhat liked in this game was Elias Pettersson
I don’t really understand playing Carlsson at wing though.. it would seem way more logical to move basically any other player to wing.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
If he ever got the puck he could do something about that. Bystedt and him had a nice play going though which would've resulted in a goal if Pettersson would've lifted the puck.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Best I've seen Östlund play this season. Stenberg also very good.

The rest looked way off. Particularly frustrated with all the low percentage shots from the blueline when they had pressure. Killed momentum several times.

Not too worried though. These games happen.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012

Agree on Hävelid. They should really give someone else a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad