Parshin Denis
Pestunov Dimitri
Shafigullin Grigory
Voloshenko Roman
Yunkov Mihail

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
How can you cut Radulov and Khomutov. One lit up the QMJHL and the other playing well in AHL despite his minutes. I guess the coaching staff really does hate players who leave for North America for junior hockey.

SwOOsh*

No Radulov is a joke. They could have had a nice scoring line with Radulov-Yunkov-Voloshenko

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Speed Demon said:
do you guys think that this team, with Ovechkin and Malkin, can beat Canada's powerhouse?
Depends on defense and goaltending. I think Russia score just as much if not more then Canada but if they don't have a hot goaltender it will be tough.

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
Speed Demon said:
do you guys think that this team, with Ovechkin and Malkin, can beat Canada's powerhouse?

I just can't take the Russians lightly. They always play Canada tough. Even though their goaltending is often questioned, they seem to always come clutch agaisnt Canada, as does the rest of the team. One thing Canada has in it's favour is the way the Pools have been set up. In theory, Russia and USA are going to battle it out between eachother to get to the Gold medal game.

Pool A
USA
Czech Rep.
Switzerland
Russia
Belarus

Pool B
Canada
Finland
Slovakia
Sweden
Germany

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
This can't be the roster, as there are 28 players and you can only take 22. This could be players going to the camp though.

Last edited:

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
This isn't the final roster. Maybe this is the guys in the running, but there are to many players on that list. So when will this team be finalised? I am anxious to see if Lyamin and Nikulan made it.

EDIT- Damn, you beat me to it.

Last edited:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Speed Demon said:

Well Russia didn't impress much on paper in 2002 and 2003 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad