Team Russia WJC Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Malkin improved a loooooooooot this year. Last year he was 4th line player with skills and size who had a lot of potential. This season Malkin looks a lot more mature, now he controls games with proven NHLers and Top-3 player at his team this year (Kaigorodov and P. Sykora are other in this Top-3, IMO). The best comparison for Malkin is Lecavalier, IMO.
I do not know how compare Malkin and Ovechkin. They are others. And Malkin will never break some of AO's scoring record. It does not mean that Malkin is worse than AO. It means that they are others. Ovechkin is pass, shoot and hit machine. He is a warrior and spirit of his team. Malkin is another. He is brain of his team.
Just my 2 cents.

Rowsdower

Jan 13, 2003
Arizona Bay
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
The "book report" was just a few facts off the top of my head. There are many more accomplishments I didn't mention.

Well if you want to compare Malkin's best games to Ovechkin's worst then go right ahead but it's not credible.

Ovechkin so far has 10 goals 12 assists 22 points in 31 games.

Malkin has 6 goals 14 assists 20 points in 34 games.

How has Malkin impressed more? Until he actually BEATS Ovechkin, I don't think you can say he impresses more, in fact it's downright false. If you factor in all the pressures Ovechkin has had to deal with as #1 for several years, he is significantly ahead of Malkin in EVERY tournament they have EVER played in. Maybe Malkin has a few shocking shifts now and then but Ovechkin has proven his capability and consistently high performance throughout his career. Ovechkin has been the leader of his prospect group for many years and has managed to stay significantly on top the entire time. Malkin has yet to catch up to Ovechkin, let alone surpass him. Who will be better in the future no one can say, but in the past and present Ovechkin is #1.

He isn't comparing Malkin's best games to Ovechkin's worst...he is making observations in the random games he saw this year. Malkin cannot go back in time and outperform Ovechkin at prior tournaments and such....so stop bringing up stuff in the past in a discussion about the present.

The ONLY relevant part of this post are the numbers for this year....and they are pretty close. Malkin's also a year younger than Ovechkin as well, so one can probably make the arguement his stats should be compared to Ovechkin's last season. Also, numbers aren't everything. I'd say Ilya Kovalchuk is a prime example of that in his overseas stint this year. Players can impress without showing up on the score sheet you know....

Anyway, nobody is trying to slight Ovechkin's ability. All the guy said was that in the games he saw, Malkin impressed more. It is not a ludicrous statement....get over your Ovechkin infatuation and realize the guy is not infallible.

Fact is the guy's made the conclusion he has from actually watching games in the Super Leaue this season, and you continue to base things off of stuff that's already happened, and stuff you can look up online. I question the amount of time you have actually seen Malkin and Ovechkin on the ice. Getting a flash movie made in mockery of your hyping of Ovechkin certainly doesn't bolster your credibilty either.

You can flash his resume at me as much as you want. It is irrelevant to this conversation.

Last edited:

Rowsdower

Jan 13, 2003
Arizona Bay
Visit site
Foppa_Rules said:
In this upcoming SINGLE tournament of a FEW GAMES. We'll see.

I find it amusing how you attempt to downplay this, but continue bringing up past tournaments in your arguements. IMO, this WJC, when said and done, will be the best indication we have of the two's progression up until this point. However I'm sure if Malkin somehow does have a stronger showing you'll continue to bring up your laundry list of past accomplishments.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Ovechkin is still a good 2 months development ahead of Malkin and at the rate Malkin is going it will take him a full 5 months to overtake AO. So Ovechkin has a slight edge going into the tournament. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->