WC: Team Germany 2022

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah, I´m surprised there isn´t any conversation about him. I´m sure he will at least get an invitation for a training camp this summer.
He has a contract with Eisbaren until 2024 that's why there is no conversation and that's why he will be resting in July and preparing for the season with the Bears in August.

krishiigonzalez

Jun 22, 2019
Berlin
He has a contract with Eisbaren until 2024 that's why there is no conversation and that's why he will be resting in July and preparing for the season with the Bears in August.
Sorry thats bs. I'm pretty sure the contract with the Eisbären would not prevent any NHL team to offer him a chance to play in the NHL nor the Eisbären would deny him this chance. See Nöbels, Reichel, Hänelt.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Sorry thats bs. I'm pretty sure the contract with the Eisbären would not prevent any NHL team to offer him a chance to play in the NHL nor the Eisbären would deny him this chance. See Nöbels, Reichel, Hänelt.
You are comparing players in their teens on junior contracts to a key member on their team with a long-term grown-up contract, that's the real BS. Those situations are not comparable. Furthermore, it's the last year he is only eligible to sign ELC which would most likely actively lose him money. Established EU pros don't terminate their contracts to go to "training camp in the summer".

You questioned yourself why there is "no conversation" about him, I tried to explain it. If you have better theories I'm all ears.

krishiigonzalez

Jun 22, 2019
Berlin
You are comparing players in their teens on junior contracts to a key member on their team with a long-term grown-up contract, that's the real BS. Those situations are not comparable. Furthermore, it's the last year he is only eligible to sign ELC which would most likely actively lose him money. Established EU pros don't terminate their contracts to go to "training camp in the summer".

You questioned yourself why there is "no conversation" about him, I tried to explain it. If you have better theories I'm all ears.
Was Nöbels at his junior contract? Or Rankel or other players that went to training camps with senior contracts? If he'll have an offer for any kind of tryout they for sure would let him try.

I guess he was still under the radar for lots of people. He even wasn't a sure candidate for the national team until some weeks ago.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Was Nöbels at his junior contract? Or Rankel or other players that went to training camps with senior contracts?
From what I'm seeing he had no contract at all, Eisbaren announced his signing on September 20th after he was released from the Bruins camp.

So yeah, unless you can find an actual case proving you are right, you aren't. That's just not how things are done. Nobody is attending NHL camps while under contract with another professional team.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I am pretty sure Wissmann attended a Kings rookie camp in the past, alongside teammate Jonas Müller, when they were like 18 or 19 years old.
So it is not, that he has always flown completely under the radar, but he has developed very steadily since joining the pro team in Berlin and really took it to a new level this season, getting more responsibilities and ice time, and doing quite well.

It's nice to see him doing well with the national team. We really need our few talented defensemen (born in the mid to late 90s) to pan out if we want to have successful tournaments in the years to come. Not sure how long we can count on the Red Wings missing the playoffs, and Moritz Müller and Holzer are not getting any younger. So we will soon be really thin on defense again, unless the young(ish) guys really step up.

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Hoping for the Swiss or germany to winn wc for first time sometime soon its only been Sweden Canada Finland (russia ) WHO won the wc since 2010. Swiss seems close to be able to winn . Two recent finals . Would be fun if germany could ice all their best

swissdude

May 18, 2019
I think Germany (as well as Switzerland) could win WHC with their best teams. I think they could even compete in a best on best world cup and beat any team any given day. To win a best of 5 series would be a whole different story....

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Could germany winn wc with their best team with all NHL players ? How would the team look like ?
If Finland managed to win with no NHL players at all (pretty much) sure the team with Draisaitl, Seider, etc. would have decent chances, just like the Swiss have this year.

Poda

Jul 31, 2020
I am actually very pleased with the way our squad has shown up so far. That is some decent hockey and a noticeable change in attitude imo. Guys like Plachta, Noebels et cetera were always able to contribute on that level but now there is decent group of players available who have really stepped up big from their DEl experience along with Seider and Reichel (prio to that Stützle) actually leading the way. Players like Karachun, Michaelis and (especially) Wissmann provide an actual value on the world stage, who would have thought...

It is not like we are all of a sudden head and shoulders above anyone in the 2nd or 3rd tier in world hockey but we are - at the moment - right there with everybody else. You win some, you lose some but we are clearly not the total underdog anymore and the team has lived up to that new role in a remarkable fashion thus far. Elimination matches is a different story of course so it would need an upset to surpass quarters again. Especially since we can't go by the swiss in the quarters this year. But you never know

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
So we’re playing Czechia in the quarters - we definitely got a good draw, no disrespect to the Czechs but i’d rather face Czechia over the US, Finland or Sweden and i’m sure the feeling is mutual.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
If anybody had told me before the tournament that a defenseman not named Seider would be the leading scorer among our D after the preliminary round, I would have been very sceptical.
Wissmann has as seriously impressive tournament so far.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Could germany winn wc with their best team with all NHL players ? How would the team look like ?
A wild shot, please correct me germans if anything is wrong:

Michaelis - Draisaitl - Kahun
Stutzle - Reichel - Peterka
Kuhnhackl - Sturm - Rieder
Noebels - Loibl - Pföderl

Seider - Gawanke
Wissman - J.Muller
Holzer - M.Muller

Grubauer
Niederberger
Strahlmeier

I think dr.Drai and Stutzle on seperate lines to spread the wealth

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
How do you shit on SHL all the time and still add Rieder and Kuhnhackl to the 3rd line? Slip up, cracks in your troll armor?

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Because their strenght is grit, pk and defence. Both of them did good job in NHL.
So they did a good job in the NHL but then decided to move to the weak league where their production hasn't increased much. Interesting. And you have those guys on the 3rd line while your 4th scored over PPG in the DEL.. Also interesting.

And Loibl did a good job in the NHL as well?

It's like you actually understand how the world works except for your SHL shtick.

See it's kinda hard to decide are you a persistent troll or an insane person. But this kind of thing tells kinda clearly the former is much more likely.

Reactions: Lambo

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So they did a good job in the NHL but then decided to move to the weak league where their production hasn't increased much. Interesting. And you have those guys on the 3rd line while your 4th scored over PPG in the DEL.. Also interesting.

And Loibl did a good job in the NHL as well?

It's like you actually understand how the world works except for your SHL shtick.

See it's kinda hard to decide are you a persistent troll or an insane person. But this kind of thing tells kinda clearly the former is much more likely.
They regressed and was not good enough for NHL anymore. Their SHL clubs used them wrong, they should have been used them in top 6 roles, since both of them would clearly be able to produce in such a weak league as the SHL.

Loibl never played in north america. He is a good defensive player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad