WC: Team Germany 2022

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I wouldn’t go as far as to say we’re heavy favourites.

If you can stay out of the penalty box against us, and keep Stützle and Seider locked down, it’s a close matchup 5v5.
Your top end talent is much better, if we got Ruzicka, Cernak and Fehervary it would be a wash. But our bottom 6 is really weak. Outside of the top 2 D pairings, it is weak as well. Should be a fun game regardless

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

Chompskiii

Mar 29, 2020
Reichel and Gawanke are both expected to join once they pass their medicals, should be available for the game on Friday against Italy according to Künast.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

AKQJ

May 6, 2022
Turku
1652968683121.png

German players waiting outside.

Alb Tkachuk

Jun 13, 2004
Germany
Gawanke and Reichel are already playing today. Stützle is still out but hopefully can return in the next games.
Also Grubauer, Pföderl und Holzer were given a rest today.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Don't think Stützle will return. Not because he isn't able to or he doesn't want to but Ottawa will very probably say no. Too much of a risk to get a more serious injury.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
that's a huge blow for Germany but I understand the point of view of Ottawa and it's probably the best for Stützle too

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
that's a huge blow for Germany but I understand the point of view of Ottawa and it's probably the best for Stützle too
They have harsh memories when it comes to injuries of their players at international stage. Hasek was injured in the game against Germany at 2006. Olympics which is still seen as a reason why Ottawa didn't win the Cup that season.

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I also understand the german team saying that he has a target on his back and is always at risk of getting roughed up.
His health is more important. But otherwise i hope that this does not become a regular thing.
Let the young guys play. They need it.

Poda

Jul 31, 2020
Despite everything they really seem to have come to play. Sure they just barely beat Kazakhstan but still they managed to overcome a shaky goalie and to close out the game which should not have been this close (shots were 2-1). It was just a setup game and we are right there with the big guys. That‘s nice.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Anyone know anything about Kai Wissman. He looks intriguing, 6'4 rhd D with very good +/- numbers in the DEL which I've been told plays a very similar style of game to the NHL

krishiigonzalez

Jun 22, 2019
Berlin
Anyone know anything about Kai Wissman. He looks intriguing, 6'4 rhd D with very good +/- numbers in the DEL which I've been told plays a very similar style of game to the NHL
Yeah, I´m surprised there isn´t any conversation about him. I´m sure he will at least get an invitation for a training camp this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad