WJC: Team Finland 2024 U20 WJC roster Talk.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Who should start against Sweden? Kokko or Vali? It probably doesn't matter much since Finland is going to lose anyway, but I'd go with Vali. He looked good against bad Latvia. Kokko has had good moments and bad moments.

Reactions: illone84

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Latvia beat Germany 6-2. If Germany gets 0 points against Canada, then Finland would be 3rd in group.
And if we don't get excellent goaltending Slovakia and Czechs are still better than us this year, lol.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
And if we don't get excellent goaltending Slovakia and Czechs are still better than us this year, lol.
Sad, but true. That last game was a real confidence builder though. As we know, when we get to the QF, anything can happen.

aRielzinhooo

Dec 17, 2022
Finland
Our team is a shitshow atm. Imagine your highlight is winning Latvia. I hope this tournament is a big wakeup call for our saunaclub. Too busy washing each others backs........

Reactions: Jukurit

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Did someone say Jukka Jalonen traveled to Gothenburg? Would make sense since they actually have a system they play with now.
Yeah JJ truly was in Gothenburg but probably he's not there anymore.
That would explain the changes of Finland's game-plan just saying.

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
What a win, great team effort. I was expecting a Q-final loss but they truly showed SISU in this game.

Coach Mikkola deserves some credit, win over Sweden and big Q-final victory after Slovakia tied the game late in the 3rd. Well done coach! Keep up the good work.

Now let's enjoy this win!

• Love
Reactions: illone84 and Svedu

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
You guys have a lot to be proud of. Hell on an effort today.

Go get bronze so Max can come back to Houghton with a medal!

• Love
Reactions: Svedu

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Well... Helenius, Kiviharju and Väisänen are one year older next year. Just like Vali, Vinni, Halttunen, Kangas, Pieniemi, Kumpulainen and Hemming.
The talent level could actually be a bit higher with better defense. Hope one of these goalies can become even better.
Halttunen with Helenius, Hemming and Kiviharju on PP could be lethal next year. Let's hope!

Perhaps even Aatos Koivu, Suoniemi, Nurmi, Hynninen, Alasiurua, Vesterinen, Rautiainen, Kiiskinen, Leppä, Miettinen etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: king89

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I'm actually very pleased with this USA game despite them losing. That USA roster on paper is like 10 times better than Finland's. Stacked with first rounders and high draft picks. But Finland managed to make this a close game with vastly inferior roster. That's coaching. 2004-2005 age group is simply too weak. But 2006 looks better, and I think they could have a chance at gold with that age group, if Mikkola keeps coaching as well as he did in this tournament.

Reactions: illone84

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad