WJC: Team Finland 2018 U20 WJC Roster Talk

mag1600

Jun 15, 2012
Anyone close to the scene, is it possibly true that Kupari will report to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League after the Junior tournament?

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Anyone close to the scene, is it possibly true that Kupari will report to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League after the Junior tournament?
Has a reliable journalist reported so, or why are you asking? I know Greyhounds GM has worked on it since Hlinka (and probably before that), but havent seen any reports in Finland that would suggest it will actually happen

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu

Highly unlikely since Kupari has said multiple times that he is happy with Kärpät. Should also get a permanant spot on the lineup after the tournament

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
I just realized I have no idea about the goalies, starting or backups. So, are they any good or the weak link in the chain of otherwise A class performers starting from the head coach Ahokas....

LooseningMyGrip

Dec 7, 2017
Anyone familiar with Kupari think he'll make a big impact this tournament?
Or still too early for his time to come?
Can we expect more out of Aapeli Rasanen?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
I just realized I have no idea about the goalies, starting or backups. So, are they any good or the weak link in the chain of otherwise A class performers starting from the head coach Ahokas....
I think it's like this; Ukko-Pekka performs or we're screwed.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Haven't seen a single report on the roster... Absolutely garbage coverage. All we know they might have already made some cuts. They have a game in 4 hours vs Switzerland, but if the past is anything to go by, we wont hear a thing about it
I can't help thinking that has something to do with last year's fiasco. After the gold medal in Helsinki, Finnish media was hyping 2017 World Championships a lot. Since there was not much to cover last year, they probably think this year isn't going to worth it either.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I can't help thinking that has something to do with last year's fiasco. After the gold medal in Helsinki, Finnish media was hyping 2017 World Championships a lot. Since there was not much to cover last year, they probably think this year isn't going to worth it either.
I don't mind it actually if there's no hype. It's still just odd. If Finland wins this tournament I'd probably appreciate this win more than if Finland won the Olympics or IIHF world championships.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'd like to bet on our game but do we have any ideas of the lineups?

Would love to watch this game.

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
So hockey should be the 1# sport in this country? The tournament starts in 6 days and we know absolutely nothing about the team other than Turkulainen has to fight for his spot... ridiculous.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So hockey should be the 1# sport in this country? The tournament starts in 6 days and we know absolutely nothing about the team other than Turkulainen has to fight for his spot... ridiculous.
There's a practice game against SUI in one hour and CZE in two days.

Reactions: illone84

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
No way to watch, I assume? Boxscores or and line-ups probably too much to ask too. Expected nothing and I'm still disappointed

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
The lack of coverage is ridiculous. Biggest hockey tournament of the season and nothing. And in spring we'll to know what Kukkonen and Kontiola ate for breakfast as they prepared for a group stage game against a country with 200 registered hockey players. I'm beginning to grow even more levels of hate for the abysmal creature that is finnish hockey media. Only there to feed and hype up the extremely casual fans who watch Laine's goals on urheiluruutu and the Skoda cup.

Reactions: Loffer

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
4-2 win against Switzerland. No idea who scored the goals.
Maybe the goals and assists will be updated later. Not too confident it'll happen, but let's hope for the best

Would also be nice to know who was playing today, because I have a feeling the top players weren't. Especially Vesalainen since he has been playing through some injuries. No way he doesn't make the team, so would be smart to give him some rest to get the best out of him when it matters

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
The lack of coverage is ridiculous. Biggest hockey tournament of the season and nothing. And in spring we'll to know what Kukkonen and Kontiola ate for breakfast as they prepared for a group stage game against a country with 200 registered hockey players. I'm beginning to grow even more levels of hate for the abysmal creature that is finnish hockey media. Only there to feed and hype up the extremely casual fans who watch Laine's goals on urheiluruutu and the Skoda cup.
Will it be Weetabix or Rice Krispies, that's the question

Reactions: Patrik Barkov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad