WC: Team Canada Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012

I thought maybe it would go to ROR, but making it McDavid's team is probably the smart choice, otherwise he may just defer too much to teammates yet again. I expect nothing short of tournament MVP, top scorer etc. etc. etc. and an appearance in the GMG.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I didn't expect all that much from McDavid in 2016, but I do for this tournament. He seems to take a bit of time to adapt to new situations, so having a second crack at the tournament when he is the best player n hockey bodes well. I expect north of 15 points.

Last edited:

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
I didn't expect all that much from McDavid in 2016, but I do for this tournament. He seems to take a bit of time to adapt to new situations, so having a seond crack at the tournament when he is the best player n hockey bodes well. I expect north of 15 points.
Yes. I too.. can t even imagin how dominant he will be against weak teams like korea or latvia ...

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Canada are clearly the number one favorites to win this tournament at the moment.

McDavid was a disappointment in 2016. He wasn't nearly as aggressive in challenging defensemen as he was in the NHL in his rookie season.
He was aggressive enough in the gold medal game.

Reactions: Lepardi

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Apparently, quite a few of your guys had several nights out in a row, so I guess they enjoy being in Riga, which is nice. :laugh:

Reactions: Riseonfire

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012

I like the player, and even flirted with the idea of him getting a invite a few times during the season, but only on a much more experienced roster where he would only see a game or two, not really in favor of him being the 13th. forward.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia

I like the player, and even flirted with the idea of him getting a invite a few times during the season, but only on a much more experienced roster where he would only see a game or two, not really in favor of him being the 13th. forward.

Very strange pick.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Jost is an interesting pick. He likely won't contribute much (could be a tenacious winger on a depth line), but I guess the impact players refused. At least he's young and can benefit from the experience.

Reactions: Rob

Malcolm

Apr 6, 2016
Very strange pick.
This Canadian roster is a tryout squad for some possible future best on best. So Jost is getting a look. That being said I am a bit surprised that not one of Mac, Marner or Hall decided to go. I also find it interesting how Hall not going was highly publicized, but nothing on the other two. I guess Mac said in Jost I am going, then said Just Josting.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
He was aggressive enough in the gold medal game.

I started raving about McDavid to my workmates in the summer of 2015 when I read all the praise from Gretzky & co. They told me that I shouldn't believe the hype cause every year there's someone who's touted as the new superstar. Then I watched him play in the NHL and before the Worlds I told one of my workmates that just wait till you see him play in Russia and your jaw will drop. McDavid's performance in that tournament made me look like an idiot cause he really wasn't nearly as special as he'd been in the NHL.

But my workmate has seen him play in the NHL since then, and he's had to concede that McDavid is a little bit better than your average #1 overall pick.

Planet Hockey

Apr 22, 2016
Dipietro was basically there just to get a feel for the camp, I don't think anyone ever thought he would be the 3G. They'll have their pick of Holtby, MAF, Murray or Jones after the 2nd round- so they probably are just hoping one of those series ends in 5 at this point.

Can we assume all 4 out of 4 would say yes given that so many NA pros decline over a hangnail?

RobRayzor

Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
Not really sure where to put this,but those interested in Canada's only friendly game prior WC vs Latvia today (game starts in approx 1h20min after this post (16:30 local or 9:30AM EST)),Latvian Television is streaming this game here: Tiešraide / LTV.LV
(not sure if isn't blocked in Canada)
At least i didn't see this game broadcasted in TSN's schedule.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Not really sure where to put this,but those interested in Canada's only friendly game prior WC vs Latvia today (game starts in approx 1h20min after this post (16:30 local or 9:30AM EST)),Latvian Television is streaming this game here: Tiešraide / LTV.LV
(not sure if isn't blocked in Canada)
At least i didn't see this game broadcasted in TSN's schedule.
The game begins 10.00 AM EST.

eddie416

Nov 23, 2015
If you have a cable sign in, TSN is streaming it online.

Dubois - Horvat - Pageau line looking great - 2 goals.

Currently 4-1 Canada. McDavid and Beauvillier with the others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad