WC: Team Canada 2024

Great99

Apr 12, 2016
The most popular templates to get rid of the World Championship. 1. The wife is giving birth 2. The wife has already given birth 3. Playing golf 4. Undecided, ask me in a year
I would also stay with my wife and child in the first 2 scenarios , but if you don't have children you will understand it one day

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
If your child is being born and your wife is in labor I'd argue you should have the right to even step out of an NHL playoff game and promptly come back for the next one no matter the stakes (ok, maybe not an elimination game of a Final) but that's just me. There is much more to life than winning a sports game.

Rumors is that he wanna compete for Japan

Funny joke but Suzuki has absolutely zero eligibility or interest in representing Japan internationally

Reactions: _habsfan9

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
meh..............it's 2 weeks. I think he's fine.

The most popular templates to get rid of the World Championship. 1. The wife is giving birth 2. The wife has already given birth 3. Playing golf 4. Undecided, ask me in a year

You forget "I have a friend's wedding to attend in August, so I can't play in your May tournament" excuse. That's a classic. My favorite.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You forget "I have a friend's wedding to attending in August, so I can't play in your May tournament" excuse. That's a classic. My favorite.
The friends wedding thing slays me, you may as well say "sorry. me and the missus have a table booked at the keg on the 12th"

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Someone I once met is getting married this summer, so I cannot go.

You forget "I have a friend's wedding to attend in August, so I can't play in your May tournament" excuse. That's a classic. My favorite.

Bastard you stole my line.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
For Canadian players, the World Championship is like when a friend gets engaged and you think, "Oh no, I'm gonna get invited to another wedding". Then you wait for the invitation. Sometimes the invite comes and sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't come, you're relieved.
^^ You ALL stole MY wedding reference from Saturday. ^^ :)

@JackSlater @1Gold Standard @jj cale

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I think HC is loyal to the players , so they contribute the excuses
Some players are good enough to turn down the iihf world championship every year and Hockey Canada won't care. Some players need to go over once in a while and contribute. Credit to all the guys who say yes and it's perfectly understandable why some guys don't want to go to this tournament several times in their career.

Reactions: ORRFForever

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
cozens is going good to see. would love to see crosby play with bedard but i doubt sidney goes and cant blame him at 36 hes earned tim off

I see no reason why a guy like Power shouldn't be there.
is he not going?

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
I haven't heard of any injury issues myself.
eh to be fair hes not been as impressive as i expected hasnt hit 40 points yet with the hype he had his draft year i thought he would hit 50 points by his 2nd or 3rd year maybe next season lol

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
eh to be fair hes not been as impressive as i expected hasnt hit 40 points yet with the hype he had his draft year i thought he would hit 50 points by his 2nd or 3rd year maybe next season lol
He would still be a good pick up for this tournament, He has played in it before and played well, this isn't a best on best tournament as we all know. We take him on the team in a hot second if he wants to go.

Reactions: hockey20000

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad