WC: Team Canada 2024

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I talked about this earlier, they told me that I was spreading panic. This year, Canada does not have a choice to form a star team, but there are a number of talented and experienced players with whom it is possible to win the World championship again.
Looks that way, hopefully we will be able to get enough quality guys on defense to grind things out along with a good goalie, I wouldn't mind bringing Jake Middleton back from last years team, thought he played solid mostly mistake free defense last year for us, I was comfortable with him on the ice, real meat and potatoes type guy.................and loved the throwback stache!!

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Its kind of true, yes. The best of the "bubbles" will play in the playoffs. But, they won last year with Toffoli, Weegar, Quinn and Crouse so I guess it will be around that again, but a little bit better.

But suddenly Pittsburgh is out in a few hours, and we could get a Bedard-Crosby combo. Time will tell.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Its kind of true, yes. The best of the "bubbles" will play in the playoffs. But, they won last year with Toffoli, Weegar, Quinn and Crouse so I guess it will be around that again, but a little bit better.

But suddenly Pittsburgh is out in a few hours, and we could get a Bedard-Crosby combo. Time will tell.
I wonder if that team that won last year would win this year though? I'm thinking probably not.

Crosby would be a big get, not only for his on ice play but for how he would inspire others to go.

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
Over the years, people become more sentimental, maybe Crosby will be overcome by a feeling of nostalgia and he will want to go to Prague to raise the cup over his head again?

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
Looks that way, hopefully we will be able to get enough quality guys on defense to grind things out along with a good goalie, I wouldn't mind bringing Jake Middleton back from last years team, thought he played solid mostly mistake free defense last year for us, I was comfortable with him on the ice, real meat and potatoes type guy.................and loved the throwback stache!!
I would like to see Weegar again, he was too good at the last World championship.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I wonder if that team that won last year would win this year though? I'm thinking probably not.

Crosby would be a big get, not only for his on ice play but for how he would inspire others to go.
If he was not going to sign another contract, I could see him going. But, if he intends to continue after next season, I think he takes the time off to rest and then come back in June and start working on his game still.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
If he was not going to sign another contract, I could see him going. But, if he intends to continue after next season, I think he takes the time off to rest and then come back in June and start working on his game still.
Reasonable take but I have a feeling he might be game for it, the sand is running out in the hour glass of his career.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Reasonable take but I have a feeling he might be game for it, the sand is running out in the hour glass of his career.
I just don't see him needing to add more miles onto his legs if he intends on continuing to play to try to win. Go get your rest, take a vacation, and then come back and work on the game.

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
I guess that means that the Buffalo/St. Louis-players is done and dusted.

Owen Power
Zach Benson
Jeff Skinner
Devon Levi (went last year)
Zachary Bolduc

Is no-gos then. But Cozens, Byram, Binnington and Parayko is more than good enough from those.

Actually Suzuki, McCann, Power, (Chabot) is the only ones really missing from the eliminated teams.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad