Confirmed Signing with Link: [TBL] Tampa Bay re-signs Stamkos (8 years, $8.500M AAV) - Part II

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Good contract and kudos for Yzerman for having the guts to take this chance and not cave. It really paid off
And the Leafs will be fine. Best prospect pool in the ere NHL

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I'm curious about what the other teams were offering average per year. Anything above 8.5 only handcuffs a team. Even 8.5 doesn't do you any favors when you have a team full of good players who will need extensions at some point. I can't say that I am dissapointed in his decision to come back. He's our captain, one of our greatest players in team history and it would be amazing to see him win a cup here.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I understand the tax situation. But this is not the reason players aren't signing with Toronto. Montreal (not Toronto) has the highest tax overall rate on player salaries per Forbes report at 54.6%, however, they manage to field playoff teams consistently and attract free agents, talent, and develop their players just fine.

Ducks / Kings / Sharks (California) have just about the same tax situation as Toronto at 53.1%. And they are all successful teams that are able to attract free agents and talent and cups. So find something else to hang your hat on. You were not able to attract the biggest free agent ... and it wasn't Taxes and Sponsorship Money the reason why players don't come to Toronto. It is probably and most likely because of you - the TML fan that they don't come play there.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Good contract and kudos for Yzerman for having the guts to take this chance and not cave. It really paid off
And the Leafs will be fine. Best prospect pool in the ere NHL

Leafs will be fine for sure. Probably better off. (I'm saying this as a TB fan.)

If Stamkos was going to cost you more than 10, that could very, very easily get your team into trouble. Prospects don't stay prospects forever.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
I guess Stamkos isn't a one trick pony on the decline anymore now that hes staying with Tampa?

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
I guess Stamkos isn't a one trick pony on the decline anymore now that hes staying with Tampa?

Haha so true. I like Stamkos and hasnt said anything bad about him during the last months but man so many Tampa fans have only talked **** about Stammer when it seemed unlikely he would stay. One guy even said he wasnt a top 7 player on the team and that Killorn is better.... :help:
He said all of these players were better than Stamkos haha
Hedman
Bishop
Kucherov
Palat
Johnson
Drouin
Killorn
He probably loves Stamkos now that he has signed and has him as the 2nd best Tampa player behind Hedman today.
I would love Stamkos for 8,5 on my team btw. Great deal for Tampa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad