Confirmed with Link: [TBL/NYR] Namestnikov, Howden, Hajek, 1st rd pk, con. 2nd for J.T. Miller & Ryan McDonagh

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Happy we got McD, on the fence about giving up Vlad. Sounds like Miller will allow us to absorb his loss well enough. The only question mark is how Kuch feels about his bud getting shipped off. I'm sure he'll understand it as a professional, but it could still be a thing. Fingers crossed.

That being said, it really, really looks like the biggest coup that Yzerman pulled off was staying on Karlsson. It's not just that we got McD, it's that we got McD and nobody else got Karlsson. That's huge. Kudos Steve.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We can ease Kucherov's pain by handing the portion of money that would have been Vlad's directly to him.

These guys are professionals. I should hope Kuch's #1 goal in this game is to win a Stanley Cup, not to play with his buddies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Yeah and we keep Foote, Raddysh, etc.

Kuch needs to suck it up if he's irritated or sad long term. It's a business and your boss just made a move to help give you a chance to win a championship. Namestnikov here and no McDonagh and Miller, doesn't make a bigger impact.

I'm sure he understands.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
super happy, but not sure why we didn't send koekkoek or dotchin/sustr somewhere.

One of the insiders brought this up. Might have even been Smith. Said the McDonagh deal wasn't finalized until literally the last minute, so Yzerman probably just didn't have time to figure out anything else.

I'm guessing we see Sustr on waivers shortly?

Reactions: Stammertime91

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Wait a second - post deadline there's no roster limit, right? So as long as the Cap is right, we shouldn't have to waive anybody.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong there, but I don't think it's a max 23 players now (50 contract limit still in effect though).

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
im the biggest dotchin retractor here; but you lose sustr for sure since he has put in the games, and won't likely improve. i don't think that dotchin has the tools to be a great NHL defenseman, but with experience he still could put together a decent career as a #6/#7

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Miller is probably an improvement on Vlad.

I'm pretty stunned. I keep waiting to hear the report is wrong and we're giving up more.
Nope. Our GM (Gorton) is a sucker. You aren't the only guys to sell him 50 cents for a dollar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad