Confirmed Trade: [TBL/CHI] Brandon Hagel, 2022, 2024 4ths for Boris Katchouk, Taylor Raddysh, 2023, 2024 1sts (Top 10 protected)

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Yea, the Hawks are better off with Tampa's package. Don't have to take on Mrazek's salary and still could potentially find a home for Fleury for more assets

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Editor in Leaf said Campbell was the second best goalie in the league and is the best team in the NHL so

Makes sense they passed on that deal

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Two 1sts + 1 B prospect + 1 C prospect for a 40 point guy at best? Yeah they got fleeced.
He already has more than 40 points and 23 goals on a terrible team. Playing on Tampa will only help his production. He will probably be a 50-60point player in Tampa signed for two more years at 1.5 million and another year of RFA status.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
All depends on what a team does with the picks, and if Chicago does actually use them to draft two players, whether those players actually pan out which is never a guarantee. For all of Tampa's drafting success, it hasn't been with 1st round picks for whatever reason with most of their gems found in later rounds.

As for Katchouk and Raddysh, while there's no reason they can't have an extended NHL career, their ceiling is below Hagel's. And then Hagel will be an RFA after next couple of seasons in which Tampa will either be in a position to negotiate with him or can move him for return assets.

Third time BriseBois has identified a guy that another team has no intention of moving and he gets that specific player anyway. It's worked out well up to this point, so no reason this will not be a similar situation. But of course nothing is guaranteed, including if JBB had done nothing and held on to the picks/prospects.

Can remember another trade Chicago made way back in the day with Detroit that included two 1sts plus roster player for a 37 year old defenseman, and Chicago did not win that trade.

You never know.
Who was that 37-year-old defenseman again? Oduya?

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Great trade for Tampa. Price a bit steep, but they are re going for a 3 peat and if recent history is any indicator, those 1sts could be quite late most likely.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Wouldn’t surprise me if Tampa add one more forward at the deadline. I don’t think Tampas bottom 6 can compete with Floridas bottom 6 now with Giroux.

Tampa adding someone like Andrew Copp who can move up and down the Lineup would be beneficial.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
A team chasing a dynasty got fleeced lol

Total over reaction and a lot of hating on Tampa.

Does anybody really think the guy running Tampa give a rats ass about late first round picks when they have their core locked up and just added to it? Good lord.

I’m going to bump this thread when Tampa wins its third and shits all over every cap era team and Cup winners

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is a good trade for TB. It sells the distant future, but we buy three years (this one included).

JBB has made it pretty clear that he doesn't go player shopping this time of year so much as he goes contract shopping. Good contracts are really expensive, and JBB has shown a willingness to pay. It's probably his biggest strength as a GM.

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We can only make these deals because of many years of patience and developing from within, making some savvy trades along the way.

I still have my doubts how JBB can perform when the music stops and he can’t brute force his way into any trade by over delivering on futures. Yzerman left a pretty good sized cupboard which is now very empty, buying cap space and paying a premium for cheap production has cost us but it’s delivered two cups and possibly more

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Ah, a really long time ago.

Yeah. Chelios was always one of my favorite players to watch.

Chicago used those 2 firsts on drafting two players that never made an impact at an NHL level and Eriksson never did much either in Chicago, while Chelios went on to play almost a full decade longer in Detroit with many of those years at a high level. What could have been seen initially as an overpayment for a player presumably near retirement turned out not to be the case.

While I liked the attitude and limited play of Raddysh and Katchouk, Hagel still has higher potential even though he was drafted several rounds later than Raddysh/Katchouk. Draft position can mean very little. Outside of Stamkos, Hedman, Vasy and Kucherov, Tampa's drafting in the first and second rounds has been subpar for a very long time.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
yeah cooper never gave raddysh a chance so everyone decided he was trash. could turn out ugly for us but hey at least we got another 23 year old that cooper played… 10 minutes in his first game

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Ok, I'll bite. These 4 ( or more ) NHLers just came from the value that two First round picks have, Taylor Raddysh ( who i think plays good 3rd line minutes down the road ( a tier below Hagel ), and a 4th line sandpaper guy with up and down potential in Kathcouk. Those two first WILL turn into two NHL players UNLESS chicago whiffs on the opportunity here.
6 players…when you include the Seabrook LTR cap space help for TB til 2024

Tyler Johnson
Taylor Raddysh
Boris Katchouk
*2023 1st rounder
2023 2nd rounder
*2024 1st rounder

• Wow
Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad