Confirmed Trade: [TBL/CHI] Brandon Hagel, 2022, 2024 4ths for Boris Katchouk, Taylor Raddysh, 2023, 2024 1sts (Top 10 protected)

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Raddysh is likely in the best possible situation for his development. They really tried to shoehorn him into being the "scorer on a grinder line" and he just isn't that guy at all. His skating was an issue before but honestly it doesn't look that bad now, though his game IQ needs a little work and I bet that'll clean up as he gets more minutes. The shooting talent is there for sure, getting big minutes on a bad team will help.

I was sad to see Boris go though as I thought he would be a great fit for a banger role, but they never really took the leash off him. Its hard to grow in this org/situation right now as they want to win now.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
This is a good trade for TB. It sells the distant future, but we buy three years (this one included).

JBB has made it pretty clear that he doesn't go player shopping this time of year so much as he goes contract shopping. Good contracts are really expensive, and JBB has shown a willingness to pay. It's probably his biggest strength as a GM.
It's sort of astounding that more GMs haven't gone this route historically. JBB seems to be sort of trailblazing a path for cap-strapped teams.

Pay a price, but at the end of the day you get a good player AND cap security for future years. I'd much rather make a trade of this ilk than toss a 1st rounder out for a guy to play 30 games and then price himself out of Tampa.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yes very early to make call though as Hawk fan I am liking Raddysh + the 1sts are well 1st so that is good to have

Katchouk looked terrible though. Will get another shot next year no doubt but really needs to show something to justify being an NHL regular

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Definitely early plus Hagel has drawn like three penalties from the leafs this series. Its clear he doesnt need to be getting points to be effective.

Reactions: ultra63

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Yes very early to make call though as Hawk fan I am liking Raddysh + the 1sts are well 1st so that is good to have

Katchouk looked terrible though. Will get another shot next year no doubt but really needs to show something to justify being an NHL regular

I always had high hopes for Katchouk. He was a good penalty killer and scorer in junior, and we were hoping with his size he'd replace some of what we lost in Goodrow. He's got some security over the next two years because of his contract so hopefully he takes advantage of that.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I always had high hopes for Katchouk. He was a good penalty killer and scorer in junior, and we were hoping with his size he'd replace some of what we lost in Goodrow. He's got some security over the next two years because of his contract so hopefully he takes advantage of that.
He was solid in his games here. Would’ve like to see him get more run in the top 9.

TheDoorDoctor

Mar 6, 2013
ONT
Not sure where you're getting your numbers but I'm seeing him with one playoff penalty drawn to his name so far. Or 1/3rd of Wayne Simmonds penalties drawn so far. Hagel has been a nonfactor, I notice him maybe once a game at most. Decent little 3rd liner probably but not a difference maker.

So originally i was getting my numbers from watching but after looking at the numbers, Hagel has drawn 5 penalties in 3 games so clearing he’s doing a good job at causing headaches for the other team.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Hagel was one of the best Bolts tonight.. multiple good games in a row now in the playoffs. What don't you guys get about cap flexibility making a huge difference with trade?
Simply that for 2 picks in the 1st round and 2 b prospects ,Tampa bay could have received much more than a 3rd line player.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
Simply that for 2 picks in the 1st round and 2 b prospects ,Tampa bay could have received much more than a 3rd line player.
they could of received more for sure but for how long ? hagel offers a top 9 option with what ? 5-6 years of team control (first 3 years at 1.5m) dudes in the mold of goodrow coleman gallagher, players that are hard to play against and add value to the team even when they're not scoring

Reactions: More 2004

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Of course they could have received better player than Hagel. But name a better player whose contract is under 1,5M and is better player than Hagel. There aren't many.

However, Tampa probably exptected more from Hagel and I think he has been a little disappointment for them. I mean, he hasn't been as impactful player as Coleman and Goodrow were earlier.

Reactions: More 2004

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Of course they could have received better player than Hagel. But name a better player whose contract is under 1,5M and is better player than Hagel. There aren't many.

However, Tampa probably exptected more from Hagel and I think he has been a little disappointment for them. I mean, he hasn't been as impactful player as Coleman and Goodrow were earlier.
at that price a team would've retained 1-2 millions on a contract to make it work, just seems like Brisebois had Hagel in his crosshair.

Reactions: Nevins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad