Prospect Info: Taylor Makar, LW (2021 220th overall)

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
IMO that puts the hope way too high... Taylor plays like a dumber, less talented version of Miles Wood. If we get an AHL Miles Wood out of Taylor, that's a huge win for his development.

Hahahaha no. Rob Niedermayer was no star but he was a tremendously good defensive forward. Even I know Taylor Makar ain't that.
You have to understand, as an Avs fan I want to set expectations higher so I can be more disappointed.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nah, on this board, we aim low so we’re never disappointed

Naw, hope always springs eternal around here. I'm old enough to remember when we thought Michael Sgarbossa was going to be an impact player for the Avs. Also Ryan Stoa because he had to be better than Paul Stastny, right?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Davey Jones gave us some hope as well.

If only he was an ambiturner.

iu

• Haha
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Naw, hope always springs eternal around here. I'm old enough to remember when we thought Michael Sgarbossa was going to be an impact player for the Avs. Also Ryan Stoa because he had to be better than Paul Stastny, right?
Man, we sure loved our Yips, Sgarbossas and Jones.

Reactions: Pokecheque

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Sgarbossa was so damn close... just a guy that didn't have that extra kick in his skating to really stick in the role and he wasn't gritty enough for a bottom 6 role. Just a classic tweener. Credit to him though, he's an elite AHL player and he's been playing well in DC lately.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I’m just saying, Rants is the perfected version of Wolski. The Avs need to find the perfected version of Stewart to pair with Mitts
I assume the closest thing to a "perfected" version of Stewie is Lawson Crouse.

Rants is better than Wolski. Rants can get away with a less-than-stellar effort, Wolski never could.

Ohhhhhh Wojtek. If only you cared enough. Likely a franchise player and surefire HOFer by now.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I assume the closest thing to a "perfected" version of Stewie is Lawson Crouse.

Rants is better than Wolski. Rants can get away with a less-than-stellar effort, Wolski never could.

Ohhhhhh Wojtek. If only you cared enough. Likely a franchise player and surefire HOFer by now.
That's why Rants is the perfected version of Wolski. Pretty much the same style, but just more effective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad