Prospect Info: Taylor Makar, LW (2021 220th overall)

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
upload_2021-7-24_17-2-28.gif

Not going to lie, I adore the pick and having both brothers in the organization.

Last edited:

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
My hopes for him is to become the Eagle's captain when he turns pro. Kid has some jam to his game and skates well, unfortunately his puck skills need a lot of work to get anywhere close to NHL level.

But, you can never count out an underdog that works hard, so go ahead and prove us all wrong, lil Makar.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Well its fun for Cale and the fans on social media. But...

I don't follow the draft class in depth, and even I know there were a boat load of better options here. I don't like "wasting" a pick like this. Sorry to be a party pooper.

Reactions: Vk1ing and klozge

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
In all seriousness though… if there’s anyone who would know the inside info on Taylor Makar, it’s the Avs.

You’re taking flyers at this point anyways.. why not take a chance on a kid who’s family you know? You know what kind of guy you’re drafting. Not to mention he’ll have a pretty good mentor.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
7th rounders are a giant game of roulette anyway. More times than not they don't even sniff the NHL but there's always the off chance you find a late round gem like a Zetterberg. Nice gesture to the Makar family, we'll see what happens. Fine with the pick.

Reactions: Mordoch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad