Value of: Taylor Hall's next contract

Avs425

Colorado MacKinnon
Jun 3, 2014
Saskatchewan
If Hall wanted to win a Cup and then sign a fat contract he should've signed a one year deal with TB or Vegas or the likes for under a $1 million. Something tells me he values personal stats and money more than a Cup.
Come on man that ridiculous and it does not work like that.

Reactions: Willy Stylez

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
The Alternatives would be a higher AAV
he just took a one year 8mil contract, and based on his play I have no clue why anyone would pay him even 8 mil on the next one year deal.

Guy cost himself a lot of money waiting it out to ufa when NJ wanted to resign him...

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
If Hall wanted to win a Cup and then sign a fat contract he should've signed a one year deal with TB or Vegas or the likes for under a $1 million. Something tells me he values personal stats and money more than a Cup.
Seriously, he would never recover the money lost from taking a league minimum deal, that's just stupid. I'm one of his biggest critics but he's not a min salary player by any stretch of the imagination.
That said, he could have signed for 4-5M with a contender.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He went with the Skinner approach of being with a team for 1 year, scoring like crazy with Eichel, and then cashing in.

Unfortunately, Ralph Krueger happened and Eichel got hurt.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019

Yeah him and everyone else not playing for league minimum right. How do you feel about the Canucks being captained by a selfish tool who'd rather cash 5.5 million a year than win cups?

Btw that worked amazing for Kariya and Selanne in 2003

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
Yeah him and everyone else not playing for league minimum right. How do you feel about the Canucks being captained by a selfish tool who'd rather cash 5.5 million a year than win cups?

Btw that worked amazing for Kariya and Selanne in 2003
Bo is underpaid unless you're being sarcastic

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
As a Flames fan if he were to want to come home for mid dollars, I'd do 5M for 4 years, he bet on himself with the wrong team, so he's taking a cut on his next contract unless he somehow pulls out like 35-45 points for the rest of the season. Maybe I'd go up to 6 but only for 3 years, maybe he'll get another contract somewhere else, but injury concerns, leadership concerns(toxic) and then the declining, don't forget about Covid... knocks his money down.

He won't sign for 5M X 4 years. Not at all. Hell, he wants to go back to Edmonton, and they could possible afford him at 5M per.

He had the injury concerns and COVID concerns when he signed his 8M deal last summer. You think his value has tanked to the point where he has to settle for nearly half of that?

Reactions: McOilers97

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Hall is currently on a one year by 8M contract, and through 27 games with the Sabres he has 2 goals and 16 points. He had hopes of betting on himself this year and signing a big (10+ mill?) contract this off season. But that's not looking likely at all. If things continue the way they do, what do you guys think he'll get this off-season?

In a COVID flat-cap world, and with the dismal year he's had and his injury history, I think he would be lucky to get 7x7.

He was never going to get $10m this coming off-season due to the flat cap and because he hasn't shown top form since 2019 knee surgery, unless he wants to lock in on a bad team with lots of cap space, or MAYBE Seattle.

I think he was hoping to earn something long-term like 5-7 years at current AAV ($8m).

If I was guessing now, there would still be interest in him, but I bet the offers will more likely be around $6m x 4-5 years. If he gets traded at the deadline and the new team is a good fit, maybe he lights it up and gets $7m, but I don't think $8m+ is happening.

Last edited:

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hall physically looks bad. He has no burst and watching him vs the Pens he stunk. Now is he on a bad team and has mailed it in. I don't think so. He is simply not close to that player in NJ who was a force. No thanks from the Pens. Hope he gets back to some better form but he is not going to command big bucks here in a flat cap and revenue concerns.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
The most overrated player in NHL. GMs should reconsider if they value their players based on skill or popularity contest. 90% of them by popularity. Look at his numbers, average third liner. Past his prime. Possible locker room problem if you watch carefully NJ Devils play against him now. There is some rift between Hall and Devils.

He probably is past his prime, but it's also obvious that his terrible season is being made worse by being on the Sabres. He's produced at 60+ points per 82 games every season of his career other than as a rookie, so while this season's results may indicate a decline for him due to the situation he's in, the small sample size is not enough evidence to write him off. He was producing at 65point pace just 12 months ago in New Jersey/Arizona. I don't think he's dropped from pretty good 1st liner to 3rd liner in 12 months.

Last edited:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I may end upincredibly wrong here, but I do think Hall is going to end up on an extremely discounted contract, and some team, (probably Colorado) is going to get a top-line performer for cheap.

Based on Hall's underlying numbers, rush/possession entries, and high-danger passing, he still looks effective from an analytical standpoint. But Ralph Krueger Buffalo happened to him.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
He should do what he should have done this year, take a < $5 million contract with a contender, prove he can be a valuable member of a winning franchise and then cash in.

He could still be traded with 50% retention at trade deadline to a contender.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
He just got absolutely smoked in the jaw with a slap shot. I would put his chances of bettering his season significantly lower right now. I hope he's ok.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad