Value of: Taylor Hall's next contract

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Hall is currently on a one year by 8M contract, and through 27 games with the Sabres he has 2 goals and 16 points. He had hopes of betting on himself this year and signing a big (10+ mill?) contract this off season. But that's not looking likely at all. If things continue the way they do, what do you guys think he'll get this off-season?

In a COVID flat-cap world, and with the dismal year he's had and his injury history, I think he would be lucky to get 7x7.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
I hope it's somewhere else at that price.. 5 years at 6 is most I'd do.. Buffalo already has two boat anchors don't need a 3rd..

Pourinthecoal

Jul 13, 2009
5 at $6-7 seems about right. His ego brings down every team he goes to, you need some big personalities on a team to keep that in check, and usually that’s teams who have spent on leaders already. It’ll be interesting

Reactions: ICanMotteBelieveIt

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Most Flames fans seem to want him but I hope he signs somewhere else. I'd take him at 5M or less but he isn't going to sign for that so good luck to whoever backs up the money truck.

Reactions: SnipeNCelly

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He should do what he should have done this year, take a < $5 million contract with a contender, prove he can be a valuable member of a winning franchise and then cash in.

He will get traded to a contender in the next few weeks.

If he lights it up for the remaining games plus playoffs, this shit start will be all of forgotten and a big long term awaits.

Reactions: Trade and Crow

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
5 at $6-7 seems about right.

This right here is it. That said, ever since right before Jack went down, Taylor has been playing pretty darned well. He seems to have a bit of chemistry with Cozens (who's on the shelf right now) and a bit with Staal. He's hit a ton of posts (just like Skinner....and Eichel....and every other god-forsaken Sabre) and generally looks dangerous a lot lately.

If he could...ya know......actually produce, he might be earning that contract right about now.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
The most overrated player in NHL. GMs should reconsider if they value their players based on skill or popularity contest. 90% of them by popularity. Look at his numbers, average third liner. Past his prime. Possible locker room problem if you watch carefully NJ Devils play against him now. There is some rift between Hall and Devils.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
As a Wingws fans I'd do 2-3 years at $7-$8M. If he picks up his play then he will have accomplished either
1. helping us get into the playoffs in his last year
2. Will have increased his stock enough to bring in a big haul by the deadline of his last season

If he continues as just a 50-60pt guy we can still retain a bunch and get something decent at the deadline

We're going to have a LOT of cap to work with so a short term overpay wouldn't hurt

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
The most overrated player in NHL. GMs should reconsider if they value their players based on skill or popularity contest. 90% of them by popularity. Look at his numbers, average third liner. Past his prime. Possible locker room problem if you watch carefully NJ Devils play against him now. There is some rift between Hall and Devils.
Come on now, he's not a 3rd liner... I dislike him too but let's be real.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Any players in particular on the Devils that seem to dislike him? Seemed to be the case when he left the Oilers too.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
He gambled on himself playing with Eichel and lost.

I thought it was a smart play as well.

With a flat cap for the foreseeable, think its in the $6mill range for 5 years

Unless he plans on being a Merc for the rest of his career

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
If Hall wanted to win a Cup and then sign a fat contract he should've signed a one year deal with TB or Vegas or the likes for under a $1 million. Something tells me he values personal stats and money more than a Cup.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
As a Wingws fans I'd do 2-3 years at $7-$8M. If he picks up his play then he will have accomplished either
1. helping us get into the playoffs in his last year
2. Will have increased his stock enough to bring in a big haul by the deadline of his last season

If he continues as just a 50-60pt guy we can still retain a bunch and get something decent at the deadline

We're going to have a LOT of cap to work with so a short term overpay wouldn't hurt

At that age he shouldn’ take a deal like that.

Go for term

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
As a Flames fan if he were to want to come home for mid dollars, I'd do 5M for 4 years, he bet on himself with the wrong team, so he's taking a cut on his next contract unless he somehow pulls out like 35-45 points for the rest of the season. Maybe I'd go up to 6 but only for 3 years, maybe he'll get another contract somewhere else, but injury concerns, leadership concerns(toxic) and then the declining, don't forget about Covid... knocks his money down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad