Injury Report: Taylor Hall

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018

What is with the organization keeping Reichel and Bedard away from each other at all costs? No powerplay time together, no 5 on 5 time.

And on top of it all, they’re attaching a boat anchor to Bedard in Raddysh. This seems borderline malicious.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
What is with the organization keeping Reichel and Bedard away from each other at all costs? No powerplay time together, no 5 on 5 time.

And on top of it all, they’re attaching a boat anchor to Bedard in Raddysh. This seems borderline malicious.
They want both to be C's. And Reichel is on the 1st PP unit.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012

People were frequently bemoaning they weren't giving Reichel a chance last season at center. It's now 3 games...

Reactions: Muffinalt

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
People were frequently bemoaning they weren't giving Reichel a chance last season at center. It's now 3 games...
Which people? I never wanted Reichel at center. And now that the talent is spread too thin, the Hawks won’t be able to score goals.

They want both to be C's. And Reichel is on the 1st PP unit.
I’m glad they’re finally doing that at least.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Which people? I never wanted Reichel at center. And now that the talent is spread too thin, the Hawks won’t be able to score goals.

I’m glad they’re finally doing that at least.
Plenty people here and CHGO were constantly bemoaning it.

But not scoring goals is fine. Bedard will be fine if the team is still awful. The future is better for the club that way

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Could be a variety of things. Could be they want Reichel developing on his own line as a play driver and not worry about deferring to Bedard too much to not have him grow as a player.

Could be to leave him at center by any means necessary to prove it does or doesn't work.

Hell, some might even argue it could be even past Richardson that it's the front office that is using this tactic to not have him ride shotgun to Bedard and rack up points and having him ask for a higher contract number once his rookie contract is over after this season (seen that happen before).

Whatever the case, I'm glad he's at least on PP1, that Athanasiou is back with him with their chemistry together and they aren't abandoning their plan with him just yet (and this is coming from somebody who wants him at the wing, not as a center. But also wants him to carry his own line and develop and not rely on Bedard).

Reactions: d rake and Mrfenn92

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Hall on the ice and stickhandling is a good sign considering the injury was supposedly shoulder related which would probably prevent him from doing things like - you know - stickhandling.

Has anyone heard anything on the injury status of Kurashev? It's supposedly a wrist which would mean the recovery time should be known. I think the last game he played was the 1st preseason against St. Louis on 9/28 - that's 15 days ago. I thought LR said something like it was day-to-day but it's turned into more like week-to-week.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

This is great news by the way. Hopefully the "week to week" is actually just a week.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I know people separate or dislocate their shoulders and get right back at it. I've never had it happen to me, so no idea on recovery time or the difference between the two.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I know people separate or dislocate their shoulders and get right back at it. I've never had it happen to me, so no idea on recovery time or the difference between the two.
I mean, it could have been that he thought something was wrong with it based upon past injury history with his shoulder, and then testing showed it was just a bruise, bone bruise, or something else minor.

Reactions: Hawkaholic

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
It’s amazing how many qualified NHL coaches have chosen to post in this forum instead of actually coaching. We are so fortunate to have so many in here who know what is best and have all the answers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad