Proposal: Taylor Hall vs. Evander Kane?

Taylor Hall or Evander Kane?

• Total voters

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Hall was a great player here and I wish we could have kept him. I bet he would have meshed with McDavid eventually.

But I still say Kane. That was great.

Reactions: dawunderboy

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I don't think there was one player in the decade of darkness who wanted the Oilers to win more than he did.
Sure Hall had temper tantrums here and there, but he definitely had a lot of heart and effort. I even still recall him diving in the air right in front of the net to stop a puck from going in when the Oilers pulled their goalie. Can't ever recall any Oiler during that time doing that.
I'll never understand the hate Hall got here. Not even McDavid would've propelled this team with the debacle of management, coaching carousel, horseshit scouting, garbage drafting, and of course, who could've forgotten great players like Belanger, Eager, Hordichuk, and the rest of the plugs. He was by far one of the very few bright spots that made me want to watch the Oilers despite the losing.
IIRC, that was Renney's last game and Hall got super pissed at Renney for pulling the goalie while down 2-1?

Reactions: oilers'72

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Kane is a better scorer and I want to say him, but Hall is just better a driving the play and would probably have a more positive overall impact. Just by a hair.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I Voted Hall by mistake but Kane is the right answer. Hall's injuries earlier in his career have caught up to him, and he is now showing the effects of it.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I still like Hall as a player, but Kane is just too good a fit to pass up. He was fantastic with all of our centres (with Drai, McDavid... even on PP2 with McLeod). It's rare at all to find a scoring winger with his kind of snarl... One who meshes so well with the rest of our roster is like striking gold.

Reactions: oilers'72

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
I can't see Hall scoring 13 goals in the playoffs, going toe to toe with Ryan Reaves (Kane did way better job against him than Nurse) and dunking on Matthew Tkachuck with a natural hat trick. Evander Kane is just flat out better player now and better fit for this team.

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Kane helps you win in the playoffs . Hall helps you win in the lottery . Bring Hall back if McDavid and Draisaitl were to leave . Kane also took less money to play in Edmonton , Such a thing has never come up in Hall's Hart :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad