• Total voters

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Taylor Hall?

spray-bottle-nope.gif

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
I got to see Hall live for the first time in 5 years when the Bruins played the Canes back in October, and I was shocked at how slow and shaky he was on the ice; missing passes, flubbing pucks, skating in cement, and far removed from the heart-and-soul bulldog whom we drafted in 2010.

I'm not sure whether it's injuries, age, mental exhaustion from languishing on dysfunctional teams, or a combination of all three...but whatever the reason, Taylor Hall is not who he used to be. He's 12 years removed from when we drafted him, and his return to this roster would yield even fewer results than we got out of Ryan Smyth on his farewell tour. HFoil needs to let him go.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
It’s criminal the lack of respect Hall gets on this site. Between the two, I’d probably take Kane because he is a nasty sob, and this team has a critical need of players who don’t mind taking liberties now and then. That said, I’d take Hall back for sure. Wouldn’t want to pay $6 million though.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I got to see Hall live for the first time in 5 years when the Bruins played the Canes back in October, and I was shocked at how slow and shaky he was on the ice; missing passes, flubbing pucks, skating in cement, and far removed from the heart-and-soul bulldog whom we drafted in 2010.

I'm not sure whether it's injuries, age, mental exhaustion from languishing on dysfunctional teams, or a combination of all three...but whatever the reason, Taylor Hall is not who he used to be. He's 12 years removed from when we drafted him, and his return to this roster would yield even fewer results than we got out of Ryan Smyth on his farewell tour. HFoil needs to let him go.
11 years of playing for the decade of darkness Oilers, Devils, Sabres and Coyotes will do that. It probably doesn't help that he's considered a good luck charm to win the draft lottery as well.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Kane makes more sense for this team, given that Kane is a finisher and Hall is a more puck-dominant passer, and we have 2 of those at C already.

Let’s not be too quick to overrate Kane though - he was great in the half season + playoffs here, but he’s about to turn 31 and I’d bet we can only get this level of play out of him for another year or 2. Also has never actually had a 60 point season in his NHL career.

Hall the better player with the better career (100 more points than Kane in 50 fewer games played), but Kane the better fit for this version of the Oilers.

Reactions: AM

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It’s criminal the lack of respect Hall gets on this site. Between the two, I’d probably take Kane because he is a nasty sob, and this team has a critical need of players who don’t mind taking liberties now and then. That said, I’d take Hall back for sure. Wouldn’t want to pay $6 million though.
Indeed. Kane is the better of the two presently and fills the physical role, But no reason for people to be downright nasty in regards to Hall.

Hall had a lot of reason to not like it here and didn't really complain. He was basically in an untenable position here being the best player on a brutal club playing for an awful org. I respect at least the whole time he didn't besmirch the club.

Still say he was the one guy on that team who brought basically a semblance of his game almost every night. you always spotted Hall.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Indeed. Kane is the better of the two presently and fills the physical role, But no reason for people to be downright nasty in regards to Hall.

Hall had a lot of reason to not like it here and didn't really complain. He was basically in an untenable position here being the best player on a brutal club playing for an awful org. I respect at least the whole time he didn't besmirch the club.

Still say he was the one guy on that team who brought basically a semblance of his game almost every night. you always spotted Hall.

I don't think there was one player in the decade of darkness who wanted the Oilers to win more than he did.
Sure Hall had temper tantrums here and there, but he definitely had a lot of heart and effort. I even still recall him diving in the air right in front of the net to stop a puck from going in when the Oilers pulled their goalie. Can't ever recall any Oiler during that time doing that.
I'll never understand the hate Hall got here. Not even McDavid would've propelled this team with the debacle of management, coaching carousel, horseshit scouting, garbage drafting, and of course, who could've forgotten great players like Belanger, Eager, Hordichuk, and the rest of the plugs. He was by far one of the very few bright spots that made me want to watch the Oilers despite the losing.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Hall IMO sort of gave up in the 2nd half of his last season here. It was McLellan's and IIRC Chia's first season here and that wouldn't have endeared him to either guy. He's still a useful player but not the player he once was and Kane brings so many intangibles to the top 6 and is the better finisher.

Reactions: oilers'72

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Hall IMO sort of gave up in the 2nd half of his last season here. It was McLellan's and IIRC Chia's first season here and that wouldn't have endeared him to either guy. He's still a useful player but not the player he once was and Kane brings so many intangibles to the top 6 and is the better finisher.

We had high hopes that season. Hall came in to training camp looking all beefed up and everyone thought him and McDavid would tear it up together. Chemistry just wasn't there though and Connor ended up getting injured.

waCooD6.png

Saving grace was him and Drai meshing really well together. I think that was a big part of helping Drai become a great player so I'll give him credit there. That's about the nicest thing I can say about Hall.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Hall is a shell of the player he used to be. He seems to be content with just being a passenger on a team now plus he's not a great goal scorer.

Oil3rs gave to much pressure on a to young guy, who just wasnt made to be a total package player. Hall is a offensive high gear player - or was. What he roght now - I dont know.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
The poll would be a lot closer if it's Hall @ 4M vs Kane @ 6M. Hall is a p***y. Kane brings all the intangibles that we expected from Hall from day one and plus the goal scoring.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Even taking out the fact that it would cost assets for Hall, I'd go with Kane.

Kane brings an element that very few skilled players have.

Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad