Speculation: Taylor Hall trade speculation: Part Final? (Fireworks factory reached)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
If Shero is the type to micro manage and have a lot of quirks, a'la Vince McMahon I can see it.

I doubt whoever runs the Devils Den is blind. I doubt the GM or front office would call down to ask them to take out the Hall jerseys, but I would bet someone would call upstairs to ask if that's something they should do. Obviously the Hall shirseys could just be out of frame here, but I would believe they are not there.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think Shero has anything to do with what jerseys they stock at the Devils Den per se. I do think he's probably run the impending Hall trade up the chain to the owners, they tell the marketing people/high level Pru Center employees and voila, the merch dissapears.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
If its STL in terms of prospects, Id be looking at Kyrou and D Nikko Mikkola. That would be a couple nice pieces I could def get behind

As a Blues fan I can get behind an all in move to go for another Cup. Army doesn’t like to make trades for rentals so I’m only guessing there would be a bigger contract going back to the Devils. Allen is probably the easiest to include in a package.

From the Devils perspective I’d definitely be asking for Kyrou or Thomas but Army wasn’t willing to part with either to get O’Reilly.

The rumors sure have Blues’ fans buzzing. I’m just a little scared what the package will look like for Hall with an extension.

Reactions: jimmythemick

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Just be done with it, whatever the return is it's still gonna be a mystery box.

SoreSerpentineEelelephant-size_restricted.gif

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
The fact that Shero has apparently been able to gin up a market, with anywhere from 2-6 teams in on Hall, in December makes me a little more optimistic on the return.

I'd still be shocked if he fetched a top ~12 prospect, barring an extension scenario, but feeling like this is less likely to be a Hall for three spare parts and a pick sort of deal.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
I wonder if an extension with the acquiring team is turning into a real possibility the longer this drags out. Trying to work it out with Hall and the agent in Sweden takes time.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
The idea of taking salary from Arizona to add value seems nice

Raanta could work nicely for us so Blackwood doesnt get demolished all year. Bahl is a nice defenseman whos playing for team Canada. Hossas contract.

During all this Hall nonsense I realized Reddit is such garbage, I had to make the transition

I also heard Trochek from Florida and unless hes fallen off id take that and run

Reactions: glenwo2

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
I wonder if an extension with the acquiring team is turning into a real possibility the longer this drags out. Trying to work it out with Hall and the agent in Sweden takes time.

Very unlikely. Hall can't sign an 8 year deal until the trade deadline, and I don't think the NHL is going to allow sign and trades on an 8 year contract.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Actually think losing will be a blessing in disguise.
1. I think the leg will always be an issue and he will always be less then 100%
2. Nico, bratt,Hughes will be able to develop their game more... the team tended to over rely on hall to do everything.. (similar to how they were with kovy)

Look at it this way, he played just over 210 games for us, had over 210pts for us... won the mvp as a devil. We lost Larson for him, that's it... now we will get at least more assets, to build with the main core in hughes,nico and bratt.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
The idea of taking salary from Arizona to add value seems nice

Raanta could work nicely for us so Blackwood doesnt get demolished all year. Bahl is a nice defenseman whos playing for team Canada. Hossas contract.

During all this Hall nonsense I realized Reddit is such garbage, I had to make the transition

I also heard Trochek from Florida and unless hes fallen off id take that and run
Panthers fans are saying he has fallen off if you check out their board and they are ok with trading trocheck but not Knight.

Personally I think Bahl is a very intriguing prospect who has been progressing nicely since he was drafted. Add Ranta and a first and that would be a decent return. Not sure they would add much to soderstorm if he was on the table

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
I doubt that’s the hold up, I think it’s more that Shero has about 6 offers to mull from and I think he’s trying to pit them against each other to squeeze out maximum value

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Personally I think Bahl is a very intriguing prospect who has been progressing nicely since he was drafted. Add Ranta and a first and that would be a decent return.
Yep. That's the package I want the most, actually. I think Bahl is ascending and fast. Raanta and Blackwood is a good goalie duo as well.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Panthers fans are saying he has fallen off if you check out their board and they are ok with trading trocheck but not Knight.

Personally I think Bahl is a very intriguing prospect who has been progressing nicely since he was drafted. Add Ranta and a first and that would be a decent return. Not sure they would add much to soderstorm if he was on the table
Bahl is only 19 and in the OHL

I want a dman who is at least in the AHL or just started in the NHL. Think Sandin in TOR.

Getting back an OHL player and a pick would be a large disappointment IMO. Bahl as a secondary piece though is nice

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
Bahl is only 19 and in the OHL

I want a dman who is at least in the AHL or just started in the NHL. Think Sandin in TOR.

Getting back an OHL player and a pick would be a large disappointment IMO. Bahl as a secondary piece though is nice
Why does this matter? You get the best package back you possibly can. Limiting yourself is a surefire way to get a lesser haul. I'll never understand limiting oneself to certain parameters. Talent is talent no matter if it's overseas, still in Canada or in the NHL.

beekay414

Jul 1, 2016
Milwaukee, WI
It's possible that @Billdo has an android phone with swipe and typed out "for" and it input "got". It happens to me all the time (which is why some of the posts you read for me on the other board have really random words out of nowhere that make no sense in the post).
Damn. I was about to get really, really excited. Dunn and a 1st for a rental, even Hall, would be highway robbery. Dunn is friggin' electric.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad