Speculation: Taylor Hall trade speculation: Part Final? (Fireworks factory reached)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Yeah you may have a point but I wouldn't write that possibility off just yet.

GM's are strange.

Btw, is it "housed" or "hosed"? probably both, right?
Pretty sure hosed is for losing deals, housed is for something more physical. Could be making that second one up though, and possibly the first.

Reactions: glenwo2

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
You could say either I suppose, but I meant housed as in the 3rd/5th definition

Urban Dictionary: Housed
That was weird definition in Urban Dictionary

Housed in my neighborhood always meant to take advantage of someone...Usually used when we were saying kicked their ass - Beat someone up. Dunked on them, ran over someone over playing football or a bone jarring hit...dominated, abused.

Kids today

Edit:
I always just assumed it derived from basketball..."Take it to the house"

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
So you'd rather take nothing at all if they don't meet Shero's price by the end of February on that principle?

If Shero thought Byrams and Haytons were going to be on the table for a rental with no chance of an extension, he's just as delusional as many people here. I said beforehand Shero wasn't going to get the home run return unless Hall agreed to an extension, which he's clearly not going to do. I shouldn't be more accurate predicting the market than an NHL GM.

there is unrealistic and there is reasonable and then there is selling below value. i really don't think someone like ray is looking for an unrealistic amount seeing that the devils are out of it and are going to lose hall. so that leads me to believe that he is looking for reasonable offer but he probably isn't getting offered that. if thats the case then yes i am fine with him waiting. you can debate if he will get that by waiting or not but i'm not worried about hall getting hurt and not being able to trade him.

so i'm going to assume that a "below value" offer is a second round pick and a better prospect. the pick might go to a first either on playoff performance or resigning

a reasonable offer is a lesser value prospect and a first round pick

while i get the concept of something is better then nothing you would be lying to yourself if you think either of those options are going to be immediate impact players on this team being 1-2 years time. realistic at best is 3-4 and thats even if they pan out. you have to realize too that ray does have to work with these gm's in the future right? would you rather him be someone that caves to lesser value or bend to someone else demand? the devils don't have anything to lose here if hall plays and he gets hurt big deal they lose out on a prospect and a late draft pick its not the end of the world. Teams that want hall and are fighting for a playoff spot? they have something to lose hall can put them over the edge and maybe make some noise in the playoffs that to me is worth waiting for the right offer

dls

Jan 20, 2009
Just some food for thought... Clearly Hall not willing to negotiate an extension is what is driving down the price...

What if Shero just holds him out in perpetuity until the point that either :

A - He gets something that he finds as value (Top D prospect + 1'st round picks)

B - Hall gets so frustrated that he starts a FA process "early" by starting to negotiate extensions with teams now.

It would be a brilliant gambit by Shero - force Halls hand to do what he would otherwise have to do this summer and therefore giving the maximum amount of leverage for the devils.

I see no point of playing him now.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Jesus Christ...this thread is starting to illustrate exactly why this is becoming a gong show.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
The longer this goes on, the more value he loses. The Devils showed their cards, either it increased the bid or we probably aren't going to like the return.

The sooner it happens the better.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Just some food for thought... Clearly Hall not willing to negotiate an extension is what is driving down the price...

A - He gets something that he finds as value (Top D prospect + 1'st round picks)

B - Hall gets so frustrated that he starts a FA process "early" by starting to negotiate extensions with teams now.

It would be a brilliant gambit by Shero - force Halls hand to do what he would otherwise have to do this summer and therefore giving the maximum amount of leverage for the devils.

he wouldn't really be able to force hall to do anything hall would could just refuse to report to any team that traded for him and completely eliminate any trade market shero had for him. i dont know the inner workings of the cba either but if hall decides to sit out the rest of the season if shero did that would he still get credit towards FA?

double so if he did hold him out and what kind of value would hall command for a player that hasn't played meaningful hockey in months

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Jesus Christ...this thread is starting to illustrate exactly why this is becoming a gong show.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its ok you don't have to reply if you don't like what people are talking about on here. its pretty simple to not reply

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Shero: "Hall is available."

GMs: "I'll give you ****."

Shero: "This is a former MVP of the league, you will have to do better."

HF Boards: "WTF is wrong with Shero!!!!1!1"

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

There's no way B happens. If the Devils are so petulant as to try to force Hall's hand in that way with an extended scratching, Hall will just sit out and collect his money and it's not going to make the Devils look good to players around the league. Expecting A to happen later in the season when the offers are apparently crap now is fantasyland.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh its ok you don't have to reply if you don't like what people are talking about on here. its pretty simple to not reply
I didn't reply to anyone. I made a comment.
This situation is become a sideshow...this season has gone bad enough, if this goes on beyond Wednesday I'm going to start wondering if Ray is purposely trying to bring back the Mickey Mouse moniker.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Shero: "Hall is available."

GMs: "I'll give you ****."

Shero: "This is a former MVP of the league, you will have to do better."

HF Boards: "WTF is wrong with Shero!!!!1!1"

thats what i really dont get. its like people on here legit want him to just take an offer an offer to "get this over with already" like um why? whats the rush? is this really having a bad effect on your ability to watch and enjoy devil hockey this season? if anything its the only real drama/story we will have this season until the draft lotto so sit back enjoy it and be grateful that shero isn't going to just settle and take an offer.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I didn't reply to anyone. I made a comment.
This situation is become a sideshow...this season has gone bad enough, if this goes on beyond Wednesday I'm going to start wondering if Ray is purposely trying to bring back the Mickey Mouse moniker.

commenting on people discussing things is still a snarky comment imo. as i said in my post just above this. what is the actual rush? how is this thing going longer making this a mickey mouse situation again?

Reactions: Darkauron

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Friedman must have a source in the Arizona front office if he's getting all these updates from them.

Hopefully this is finally the fireworks factory.

Reactions: My3Sons

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
thats what i really dont get. its like people on here legit want him to just take an offer an offer to "get this over with already" like um why? whats the rush? is this really having a bad effect on your ability to watch and enjoy devil hockey this season? if anything its the only real drama/story we will have this season until the draft lotto so sit back enjoy it and be grateful that shero isn't going to just settle and take an offer.
Waiting is fine...but then why scratch Hall for two games out of nowhere if we are playing the waiting game? Why not scratch him a week ago, a month ago, etc? You scratch a guy when a deal is imminent. Dragging this beyond Wednesday begs the question of why he was scratched to begin with, and also makes it seem like Ray had no plan.

Some chatter now that a deal is being finalized with Arizona...let's hope so.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Not too jazzed on a deal with Arizona. Obvious they were never going to include Hayton or Soderstrom, and I don't feel like there's a lot there to get very excited about otherwise. I guess we'll see, though.

NJDevs86

Nov 4, 2018
Orlando, Florida
Sort of poetic if it’s Bahl as the main piece. Got him for Lars. Had some great moments and sent him out for another big stay at home defenseman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad