Rumor: Taylor Hall not interested in Devils extension

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I think this is pretty accurate. The article I think is largely accurate, but doesnt say anything really new or surprising... so in that sense it is clickbait, and has succeeded.
Exactly it was literally no new information what so ever, he just reworded it and put up a catchy title, while at the same time leaving himself an out to say he wasnt wrong.

One thing I will say is that this will be a fun offseason for us Devils fans as we should be fairly active.

Reactions: Zezel22

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I think this is pretty accurate. The article I think is largely accurate, but doesnt say anything really new or surprising... so in that sense it is clickbait, and has succeeded.

Agreed. The situation isn't as dire as the headline makes it to be. But there is definitely some truth to it as well.

End of story. This can be picked back up once Hall is actually eligible for an extension and if he remains unsigned.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

finally we agree. Thats all I have been trying to say.

Posters are coming in here saying things like "THATS NOT SURPRISING!" without even reading the article. Which is not surprising given the day and age we live in currently.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I think people are reading too much into it. HE was injured last year and my guess the Devils came back with an offer that reflects that and not the previous one. He will be out this season to see what happens to try and maximize his value

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
My favorite part of this thread is definitely all the Devils fans screaming that Pagnotta isn’t legit. He broke more than anybody did during June/July last year. He was certainly touchy a few years ago but has legitimately become one of the best in the business for signings and trades in the last 12 months.

The draft and July 1 last year changed everything for Pagnotta. He’s not just legit. He’s great.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
My favorite part of this thread is definitely all the Devils fans screaming that Pagnotta isn’t legit. He broke more than anybody did during June/July last year. He was certainly touchy a few years ago but has legitimately become one of the best in the business for signings and trades in the last 12 months.

The draft and July 1 last year changed everything for Pagnotta. He’s not just legit. He’s great.

yeah this just isn't true but whatever you wanna believe is fine.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011

whether or not hes legit.... its been widely reported that his article was crap. Hall, Shero, and Ferris have all claimed he came out of nowhere with it.

That kind of reporting is kind of unacceptable. Huge clickbait, but tis media.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
That is a fair counterpoint. None of those were significant or consequential money adds as the devils remained at the floor or close after making them. In the case of Hall and Vatanen trades the money was generally close to even.

I do think, however that if the Devils were gearing up for a significant, team altering offseason, there may be smoke out there about it, as there is about these other teams above. And that is the type of offseason that it may require to sell Hall. A single trade for a 2nd line winger (which the Palmieri and Johansson trades were) is not likely to be enough to prove to Hall that they are serious.

So, its all related. Its speculation on my part, of course, but I dont think I have been proven wrong yet.

To be fair, there was probably no smoke on the Larsson trade because Shero probably agreed to it within seconds of Chiarelli proposing the trade to him and the trade was done before any insider could get a scoop.

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
but I read it on a message board so that means there is smoke. According to some posters here.

Man, you're distorting again. And I'm assuming you're referring to me due to the mention of "smoke". Nobody is talking about message boards. Talking about reputable media sources.

That's two distorted, goalpost changing claims by you in this thread (that I have seen):

1) Pagnotta's article claimed that Hall is not interested in signing with the Devils (not accurate) and that quotes from the particulars dispute his story (also not accurate)
2) That I'm referencing "smoke" related to the Devils in regards to message board chatter, when clearly I'm talking about reputable media.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Man, you're distorting again. And I'm assuming you're referring to me due to the mention of "smoke". Nobody is talking about message boards. Talking about reputable media sources.

That's two distorted, goalpost changing claims by you in this thread (that I have seen):

1) Pagnotta's article claimed that Hall is not interested in signing with the Devils (not accurate) and that quotes from the particulars dispute his story (also not accurate)
2) That I'm referencing "smoke" related to the Devils in regards to message board chatter, when clearly I'm talking about reputable media.

actually was not referring to you with that comment.

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
How is this still open?

The devils can not sign Hall to an extension before July 1st.

Hall is not like Tavares. The islanders drafted Tavares and he was the face of the franchise for nearly ten years.

The devils didn’t draft Hall, they stole him from Edmonton. There is no loyalty or history between the two sides. Of course as a devils fan I want Hall to stay but his prime is now and maybe he wants a more immediate contender.

If Hall doesn’t want to sign an extension here he will be moved either before the season starts or by the deadline. In either situation I think it will be a sign and trade. On the off chance it’s not and he’s a pure rental the STARTING POINT is either a top 4 LHD and first or top prospect and first.

Once again, there is 0% chance Hall walks from the devils as an UFA.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
How is this still open?

Hall is not like Tavares. The islanders drafted Tavares and he was the face of the franchise for nearly ten years.

The devils didn’t draft Hall, they stole him from Edmonton. There is no loyalty or history between the two sides. Of course as a devils fan I want Hall to stay but his prime is now and maybe he wants a more immediate contender.

If Hall doesn’t want to sign an extension here he will be moved either before the season starts or by the deadline. In either situation I think it will be a sign and trade. On the off chance it’s not and he’s a pure rental the STARTING POINT is either a top 4 LHD and first or top prospect and first.

I think a Mark Stone return is more likely.

A defensive prospect, a forward and a mid 2nd in 2020.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Just saying... if Pagnotta linked the Devils to Mitch Marner you would indulge it and get carried away with trade proposals and contract offers. But because he is reporting information you might not want to hear, he is a hack and his article is clickbait.

Something like that would be really interesting, even if only for the fact that Ferris represents both Hall and Marner

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
How is this still open?

There is also no such thing as a sign and trade. That is just a cheap way for fans to try and inflate a players value on this board (of course a signed Hall is worth more than unsigned).... that just doesn't happen in the NHL.

If Hall makes it to the deadline unsigned and then the Devils try to trade him, they'll be in the same boat as the Senators were with Stone and some teams might back off giving up a huge package with the uncertainty of him signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad