Rumor: Taylor Hall not interested in Devils extension

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Ho ho ho hooooollllllyyyyy shit if this is true. I don't buy it for a second but if it is then the Devils need to act quickly and have him traded by the draft. You'll have Kakko right there if you want him

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
based on what? Everything I have read seems to indicate he isn't legit.

Regardless if Hall doesn't wanna be here, he needs to be traded. Still not sure I believe this though.

I have seen McKenzie and Friedman quote him in the past when discussing rumors, so that seems pretty credible to me. He's also followed by McKenzie, LeBrun and Dreger on twitter. What have you read that says he isn't legit?

Reactions: WildWolfdog and BHD

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I've thought for a while that Hall is 100% done in NJ. He wants to win now. Last year, next year and for the next 10 years.

Poor guy is well into his prime and been wasting away in Edmonton and NJ.

On a good team he's a top 10 guy in the league

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Draft Kakko then?

Hes a great player when healthy but is gonna command a massive deal. I would be scared to pay him 10ish mill per year for 7 to 8 years

Reactions: Ricky Bobby

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Cordell's take is spot on here IMO. Hall is obviously weary of empty promises from rebuilding teams saying "we'll be good next year, I promise". Everything he's said seems to suggest he likes the team/area/management but just wants to win.

If the Devils add some significant pieces I think he'll be much more likely to sign a late summer extension, as opposed to last summer where the Devils added nothing.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Hall for Bennett + Brodie + 1st(26th) 19 + 2nd/1st 20(WCF's) + 2nds in 21 and 22 if Hall resigns

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
If I were him, I wouldn't commit to the Devils before this off-season plays out.

Defensively, this team has a serious lack of a top pairing defender and no real candidates to fill that void. Shero has to find a way to address that soon or else Hall is gone.

Reactions: Capt Andy Poo

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yeah I think that changes if the Devils are able to go out an add help for him now. But either way, if he is traded, he will fetch a very good return to match the ages of Hughes, Nico, Smith, Blackwood.

hell, they might be better off trading him for a haul and then using that cap space to add 2 UFA's...even if it's as an overpay.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad