Taylor Hall For Adam Larsson V | 4,000+ Posts and Counting!

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Really? People want to argue hall is some amazing franchise player but literally every other player of that caliber in that time period were able to get their team to win games. And don't even try to tell me Crosby didn't impact anything in his 2nd season. Hall just wasn't good enough. He is a slightly better Rick Nash when it comes to ability to lead a team.

Let's put it this way, would you still think mcdavid is the best player in the world if he played the first 6 years of his career without enough of an impact for his team to make the playoffs?

He's a franchise winger, but he's not able to do it alone.

Every other franchise player had someone else on or near that level, save Tavares. And even he got the exact same criticism Hall did until their management addressed the numerous deficiencies on that team.

I would still think so if we didn't have Pulju, Draisaitl, Larsson, Klefbom, etc... and he was clearly a dominant player on the ice.
Rookie Crosby was dominant as **** and the Penguins finished 1 point out of last place. MSL won an Art Ross and Stamkos won the Rocket (in the SAME season) and TBL was drafting at the top the next year. Hockey is a team sport.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Whitney I think...till he lost his ankle

Oh man you're so right

Whitney pre-ankle injuries was just below Norris level IMO.

Why is Hall always the good guy in every story? He flips out at coaches, other players, refs, etc... but he's always a perfect angel in the eyes of some people and anyone who critiques him should be tarred and feathered.

Fair or not he was the face of the Oilers during his entire tenure here and the needle didn't budge an inch. We were in a playoff spot for all of a day in 6 years...

Hockey is a team sport. Eberle and RNH were also here and did nothing.

Not everything is black and white. You don't have to like or hate everything about Hall. You can dislike the trade while liking Larsson while disliking what Klefbom said while liking Klefbom as a player.

There. Let the speculation die.

:handclap:

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton
He's a franchise winger, but he's not able to do it alone.

Every other franchise player had someone else on or near that level, save Tavares. And even he got the exact same criticism Hall did until their management addressed the numerous deficiencies on that team.

I would still think so if we didn't have Pulju, Draisaitl, Larsson, Klefbom, etc... and he was clearly a dominant player on the ice.
Rookie Crosby was dominant as **** and the Penguins finished 1 point out of last place. MSL won an Art Ross and Stamkos won the Rocket (in the SAME season) and TBL was drafting at the top the next year. Hockey is a team sport.

You act as tho he had no one on the team that was good. That simply is not true.

And it's not like I'm talking contender status or anything, where your logic would apply, I'm talking an 8th seed or battling until the last 5 games for a spot. Those are mediocre accomplishments and he couldn't even get to those. He is good but he's not as good as people think, a la Crosby Kane etc, true franchise forwards

Aequitas

Jun 10, 2008
Fort McMurray
You act as tho he had no one on the team that was good. That simply is not true.

And it's not like I'm talking contender status or anything, where your logic would apply, I'm talking an 8th seed or battling until the last 5 games for a spot. Those are mediocre accomplishments and he couldn't even get to those. He is good but he's not as good as people think, a la Crosby Kane etc, true franchise forwards

Kane without Toews isn't nearly as successful

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

The examples I gave didn't compete for a playoff spot either. They were bottom of the barrel just like the Oilers.

Swap Crosby for Hall on the Oilers teams of the past and they still don't make the playoffs. Hockey is a team sport and you can't win without any top-pairing defensemen. Blaming Hall for the Oilers W/L record is idiotic.

Hall isn't on the level of Crosby/Kane, but he's still a top 5 player at LW in the game.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
yes but add nuge ebs yak etc and what happens? Hall wasn't playing with pylons.

If hall needs a toews to get his team to an 8th seed idk what to say

Nuge Ebs Yak are garbage compared to Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, Toews, etc...

We literally just saw the Oilers have a worse record with McDavid than without and you want to argue that individual players are responsible for the entire team's record? There are many more factors at play.

The failure of the Oilers is primarily due to garbage management over the past decade, not Taylor Hall.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

We literally just saw the Oilers have a worse record with McDavid than without and you want to argue that individual players are responsible for the entire team's record? There are many more factors at play.

The failure of the Oilers is primarily due to garbage management over the past decade, not Taylor Hall.

I just can't get over why is it only on Hall and not on the other guys?

You are correct though. Management not Hall.

oStealthKiller*

Master Monkey Herder
Jul 2, 2012
Edmonton

We're going in circles here. I'm not arguing management wasn't the obvious number one reason, but what I am saying is if hall was the level of player ppl think it wouldn't have mattered.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Klefbom should keep his mouth shut. What a tool.

Because the NHL has so many interesting personalities already, there's not enough room for Klefbom's colorful comments. Should stick to the cookie-cutter generic answers. Perhaps Ryan Smyth should be hired by the team to teach them how to do interviews. Step one, start every answer with 'obviously'

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
love how everyone cries about hockey players being so bland, having no personality and always using the same cliché answers. Then something pops up where the guy is just stating an opinion/observation. He's not even ripping on someone or being rude, but everyone loses their minds.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Ive never talked poorly of Hall or Eberle and i defend them on this board alot. FOr the first time i will come right out and say i am a part-time hound and i chat with hockey players and meet them for most of the year.

I will say this about Hall and Eberle...they sure think their **** dont stink despite being losers all their NHL lives. AND YES THAT IS ON THEM.

Ive never met such an arrogant group (i meet all 30 teams every year) than the so called core of the oil who couldnt even scramble out of the basement. its pathetic and they are individually pathetic.

Sometimes guys win cups and get arrogant and less fan friendly. Ive never met players that have done so little think so much of themselves. I blame the Tambi era for the big heads but blame the players for never maturing. Johnny hockey in Calgary is another POS i cant stand. I can go through the list of great Flames guys and list most of the team. Johnny is a POS though and i hope someone crushes him this year. just obliterates him.

BTW, Lucic is a fn gem. Bruins were one of the worst teams for fans since they won the cup (which is why ive stated before i stopped cheering for them as my second team) but Lucic has always been an absolute gem. Ive met him 5 or 6 times now. even after losses he is approachable and will chat with you about the game and about junior hockey. he loves talking hockey. he might be really depressed from a loss but he will still chat. he is still a humble guy.

McDavid will be captain and i know he will set the tone for guys on and off the ice. If Eberle doesnt smarten up he might be the next one out. his right shot saved him but if McDavid is making time...you better follow his fn lead and pull your head out of your ***

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
love how everyone cries about hockey players being so bland, having no personality and always using the same cliché answers. Then something pops up where the guy is just stating an opinion/observation. He's not even ripping on someone or being rude, but everyone loses their minds.

i understood what he was trying to say with everything and really i think people are just jack*****

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
yes but add nuge ebs yak etc and what happens? Hall wasn't playing with pylons.

If hall needs a toews to get his team to an 8th seed idk what to say

Any of the "team can't win with players like Hall" should, if that's the logic base being used here, be cast on the bolded players none of whom have individually contributed significantly.

Albeit of these Eberle at least scores goals which is the prime objective in one zone..

I'll make it clear. Hall, on this team, has had a lot of nights when he was playing with passengers or players content to do less than they can, and make less of an impact then they can, and who had trouble getting into games and brought efforts that you literally can't win with from go to players.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Any of the "team can't win with players like Hall" should, if that's the logic base being used here, be cast on the bolded players none of whom have individually contributed significantly.

Albeit of these Eberle at least scores goals which is the prime objective in one zone..

I'll make it clear. Hall, on this team, has had a lot of nights when he was playing with passengers or players content to do less than they can, and make less of an impact then they can, and who had trouble getting into games and brought efforts that you literally can't win with from go to players.

Like all those games that Hall refused to forecheck and was as guilty as everyone else for flyby poke checks. Like all those games that Hall got pissed off and tried to do everything himself and refused to use his teammates(a big reason for Klef's comments and what he was refering to imo and why Hall got traded). Like last year where him and Drai slowed down and although Drai lost the stamina to keep up with Hall and the off the rush magic was gone, Drai continued to play intelligent hockey in the ozone and Hall had no clue where to go and how to cycle. Basically looked like Yak out there as to where to go. Maroon comes in and talks about keeping pucks deep on teams and Hall just continues to do the same thing, rush the zone and that's it.

I love Hallsy and a line built for him can and always will be deadly, but players had to adjust to him...not the other way around. So when you sasy he was the only one trying and other players took the night off. Nope. The opposite. Hall refused to adjust to the game being played around him or his teammates just as much, if not more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad