Value of: Taylor Hall Auction

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
If the Devils are trading Hall, the main piece should be a D man, they will have two very centers on offence to build around + another high pick this year, that D could use some work and if they are trading Hall, than Hall can fill that need.

What about a prominent goalie prospect?

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Could he actually go to LA, in terms of cap space and .. there is a need for guys his age, not guys who aren't ready yet and not a player who should be retiring soon. I think they have a difficult goalie situation there, which may not help.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
they will get much more than just Adam Larsson. That isnt even really debateable. Plenty of teams beat that.

I don't think plenty of teams will beat a package of Larsson + 1st round pick + maybe Puljujarvi thrown in ... for example.

Above that you're getting into territory well beyond what Stone returned last year and he was younger and playing better than Hall with no recent injury history either.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale
I don't think plenty of teams will beat a package of Larsson + 1st round pick + maybe Puljujarvi thrown in ... for example.

Above that you're getting into territory well beyond what Stone returned last year and he was younger and playing better than Hall with no recent injury history either.

it's going to depend on how far along into the rebuild management thinks they are. I would think the best way to maximize value would be to take the highest quality prospect they could get.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
it's going to depend on how far along into the rebuild management thinks they are. I would think the best way to maximize value would be to take the highest quality prospect they could get.

Taylor Hall needs to pick up his play here too ... lots of secondary assists and currently on pace for 10 goals. You can't ask for the moon when the player is not bringing it.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
like I said (multiple times in this thread)

I have no interest in any deal around Larsson and Puljujarvi. None. And neither would Shero.

Reactions: MichaelJ

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If we’re going by the Stone trade:

Broberg
Gagner
2020 2nd round pick

For
Extended Taylor Hall

onetweasy

"That's just like, your opinion, man"
Oct 16, 2005
Bowling Alley
they will get much more than just Adam Larsson. That isnt even really debateable. Plenty of teams beat that.

I said the same thing.......when the original Hall trade broke.

It sucks but the reality is that the return is usually underwhelming when a “star” player is moved.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It is a good thing that your opinion means as much as the dump I'm taking currently.
:) It means ****

I'm the one that started this thread. So yes, I would think my opinion matters

One thing I can tell you that does matter is there is no chance in hell that Adam Larsson is traded back to NJ (as the main piece) for Taylor Hall. You can take that to the bank.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I said the same thing.......when the original Hall trade broke.

It sucks but the reality is that the return is usually underwhelming when a “star” player is moved.

yeah sure

....aside from the fact that Ray Shero is not Peter Chiarelli

the Oilers are not the only team in the league. Plenty of teams will be bidding for Hall's services.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
^^^^^^^^^^ **** beaten ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Difference now is that it's not Pete Chiarelli trading him.

This is kind of silly HFBoards politics like "ooooohh disssssss. Choooorellliiii! lol! No take backs on Larsson!!" ... this is fan emotion.

A GM will look at the actual value. Larsson + Puljujarvi + 1st for example is quite a haul for a dude currently on pace for 10 goals that clearly wants out and could be a rental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad