Value of: Taylor Hall Auction

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
High price for sure and it wouldn't be my starting offer but I think it will be a bidding war for hall

That's 3 first rounders and our best RDH prospect. It would never happen, not even close.

Go look at what Duchene and Karlsson returned as rentals and it will be somewhere in the middle of that.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
That's 3 first rounders and our best RDH prospect. It would never happen, not even close.

Go look at what Duchene and Karlsson returned as rentals and it will be somewhere in the middle of that.
You can use that as a good baseline yes .
However if teams are thinking Hall is the difference between playoffs or no playoffs or putting them over the edge as contenders this season , then I can see getting a little more value .
You cannot oook at it in a vacuum and say fron now on this is what the return will be for sure .
Having said that , I don’t think that is a realistic return

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
As a Devils fan I’m hoping for something like Zadorov type D , a goalie /goalie prospect / pick or winger prospect .
I know Zadorov Kaut Newhook is too much but can the Devils add to make it work ??
Avs fans are very divided on the Zadorov front. Personally, I don’t want to trade him, not yet at least as we’ve got no replacement for him and it’d create a bigger hole than the one we’d be plugging with Hall.

With that said, to answer your question, the Avs would (obviously) want Palmieri or a Dman to replace Z on this deal to get Newhook too. I assume that Palmieri probably tips the scales too much, so the Avs would likely include Jost too. Still not sure about it from the Avs perspective though and I’m sure devils fans will say the same from yours.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Avs fans are very divided on the Zadorov front. Personally, I don’t want to trade him, not yet at least as we’ve got no replacement for him and it’d create a bigger hole than the one we’d be plugging with Hall.

With that said, to answer your question, the Avs would (obviously) want Palmieri or a Dman to replace Z on this deal to get Newhook too. I assume that Palmieri probably tips the scales too much, so the Avs would likely include Jost too. Still not sure about it from the Avs perspective though and I’m sure devils fans will say the same from yours.
If we had a good replacement for Palmieri I’d say yes . However losing Hall plus him would hurt big time for depth . We’d have to more Zacha to wing and he would be our “best” winger ... Bratt Boqvist Gusev Simmonds Coleman Wood .... ya it would be scary

We need a Dman for sure . Makar is not happening , Timmins is a pipe dream , Byram I’d say is same as Makar (not happening ) .
Who would Avs fans rather give up ? Zadorov or Girard ? Myself as a deviks fan would way rather have Zadorov . We have no big physical D . I don’t watch Girard enough to know if he is in the same depth or value that Zadorov would have . Just saying I’d prefer Zadorov as I know he plays a style I think the Devils need .
How far out is your goalie prospect Kaut ?

Last edited:

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
If we had a good replacement for Palmieri I’d say yes . However losing Hall plus him would hurt big time for depth . We’d have to more Zacha to wing and he would be our “best” winger ... Bratt Gusev Simmonds Coleman Wood .... ya it would be scary
I think once you trade Hall you’ve gotta commit to the rebuild, but it will be be a quick one with what you have already. You’re better off being as bad as possible and getting as high a pick a possible while you can. Trade Palmieri (with or in separate deal from Hall) and get max value in futures. All he can do is mess up your draft position and you’ll be wasting a team friendly prime contract.

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Who would Avs fans rather give up ? Zadorov or Girard ?
How far out is your goalie prospect Kaut ?

Zadorov. Girard is signed for 8 years and isn't available (probably even less so than Byram).

Also Kaut isn't a goalie, he's a winger. Our top goalie prospect is Annunen. "How far" is impossible to answer. 2 years away, perhaps.

If the Avs were to trade for Hall without an extension, I could see something like Zadorov + a B prospect + 1st + conditional 1st (if he resigns). That's the kind of package you should expect based on past similar trades.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
What would you want from Montreal? Would a good 20 year old player like Suzuki be enough?
Montreal and New Jersey are not a verygood fit as trade partners, as both have the same organizational need (LHD) and strength (C Depth). Montreal could help NJ with a young goaltender like Primeau. But considering the age, injury history and contract of Price, Montreal shouldn't walk away from a young cost controlled goaltender with starter potential.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
it definitely intrigues me.

maybe Suzuki + conditional 2nd + a roster player to even out salaries?
Yup, probably could make something work. We want Hall to take a run at a Cup now. Have depth in farm system to move a young player. Suzuki, our 2nd in 2021 if Hall re-signs in Montreal. A throw in cap dump like Weise?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Montreal and New Jersey are not a verygood fit as trade partners, as both have the same organizational need (LHD) and strength (C Depth). Montreal could help NJ with a young goaltender like Primeau. But considering the age, injury history and contract of Price, Montreal shouldn't walk away from a young cost controlled goaltender with starter potential.
Definitely not moving Primeau or Caufield for a rental. They could be blue chippers.

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
Zadorov. Girard is signed for 8 years and isn't available (probably even less so than Byram).

Also Kaut isn't a goalie, he's a winger. Our top goalie prospect is Annunen. "How far" is impossible to answer. 2 years away, perhaps.

If the Avs were to trade for Hall without an extension, I could see something like Zadorov + a B prospect + 1st + conditional 1st (if he resigns). That's the kind of package you should expect based on past similar trades.
You flamed my offer but your is basically the same except you changed Timmins to Zadorov

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
I think Zadorov would be a great target for Jersey. 24 years old and extremely unique, IMO. Big, mean defender. Would bring a nice balance to that blue-line. If they could get Z and a 1st for Hall, I'd be pretty happy with that haul(Hall...) if I were a Devs fan.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I think Zadorov would be a great target for Jersey. 24 years old and extremely unique, IMO. Big, mean defender. Would bring a nice balance to that blue-line. If they could get Z and a 1st for Hall, I'd be pretty happy with that haul(Hall...) if I were a Devs fan.
That should work, Zadorov is as good as gone in the expansion draft anyways. The Avs are not asking Johnson to waive his NTC.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Salary at the deadline is almost irrelevant for many teams. That 500k certainly is. A team would only have to have around 2M in space to start the season to absorb Hall without problems at the deadline.
EK also want before the start of the season which makes him more valuable..

Realistically Hall will and should fetch less than EK.
Karlsson was traded earlier, is arguably the better player at the time of the trade and plays a significantly more valuable position..
I agree with everything you said except that a GM that isn't Dorian could get a better return.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Based on how the big name UFAs are all getting the royal treatment during the courting stage by teams on July 1st - how likely is it that Taylor Hall bypasses that opportunity and agrees to an extension at the TDL to whatever team NJ trades him to?

Not bloody likely, by my estimation.

And unfortunately for Devils fans, this is going to severely dampen his value for the most part.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
As a Devils fan I’m hoping for something like Zadorov type D , a goalie /goalie prospect / pick or winger prospect .
I know Zadorov Kaut Newhook is too much but can the Devils add to make it work ??
You can have Zadorov and Kaut. Just not Newhook.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Based on how the big name UFAs are all getting the royal treatment during the courting stage by teams on July 1st - how likely is it that Taylor Hall bypasses that opportunity and agrees to an extension at the TDL to whatever team NJ trades him to?

Not bloody likely, by my estimation.

And unfortunately for Devils fans, this is going to severely dampen his value for the most part.

I agree, I don't think he will sign an extension unless it's with NJ in the next month or two.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

Maybe Newhook plus a 1st but do you really need more centers?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
:devils
2020 COL 1st
2021 COL 2nd (conditional, goes to 1st if Hall is re-signed)
RFA Nikita Zadorov

:avs
UFA Taylor Hall
RFA Mirco Mueller

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Yup, probably could make something work. We want Hall to take a run at a Cup now. Have depth in farm system to move a young player. Suzuki, our 2nd in 2021 if Hall re-signs in Montreal. A throw in cap dump like Weise?

You guys have some solid D and good offensive depth, but do you really think you have the C-depth to make a legit run right now? I know it's tough to do with Weber and Price aging, but I'd be holding tight, or at the very least, be looking for a 1A/B center (as you have been for years) before I made a serious push for an elite winger.

phillydownsouth

Giroux is your daddy
Sep 18, 2019
Hall for Zadorav would be incredibly bad for NJ. And do you guys really want Colorado to be better than they already are? That team is straight stacked and has so many good prospects.

upload_2019-11-12_13-49-18.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad