Value of: Taylor Hall Auction

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
I'm the one that started this thread. So yes, I would think my opinion matters

One thing I can tell you that does matter is there is no chance in hell that Adam Larsson is traded back to NJ (as the main piece) for Taylor Hall. You can take that to the bank.
No one's opinion on here matters. It's all shooting shit out of shit cannons and hoping that something sticks and we agree or call something right.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
This is kind of silly HFBoards politics like "ooooohh disssssss. Choooorellliiii! lol! No take backs on Larsson!!" ... this is fan emotion.

A GM will look at the actual value. Larsson + Puljujarvi + 1st for example is quite a haul for a dude currently on pace for 10 goals that clearly wants out and could be a rental.
Why the f*** would the Oilers want him back? He doesnt help teams win(See the Oilers 2011-2016 / Devils 2017, 2019 and 2020 lottery finishes)
This isn't the NBA where a team can load up on a few marquee players and a bunch of junk to win a championship.
Use some assets to acquire good bottom 6 players

Reactions: King1s and McRpro

Rafters

Aug 10, 2003
Medicine Hat
Visit site
Why the **** would the Oilers want him back? He doesnt help teams win(See the Oilers 2011-2016 / Devils 2017, 2019 and 2020 lottery finishes)
This isn't the NBA where a team can load up on a few marquee players and a bunch of junk to win a championship.

If Hall is your best player .. not good .. second best .. pretty good ... third best player along with a Center he has had known chemistry and not getting the tough matchups .... could be amazing ... Oilers need someone to help out RNH at 5x5, take away some scoring pressure of McDrai and Taylor has always been a great 5x5 player

Reactions: McShogun99

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
If Hall is your best player .. not good .. second best .. pretty good ... third best player along with a Center he has had known chemistry and not getting the tough matchups .... could be amazing ... Oilers need someone to help out RNH at 5x5, take away some scoring pressure of McDrai and Taylor has always been a great 5x5 player
Cant keep relying on two lines. The Oilers dont have the assets or the cap room to acquire Hall and massively upgrade the bottom 6.

FanTheFlames

Aug 20, 2017
Gaudreau
Frolik

For

Hall
Palmieri
Conditional 2nd (Hall doesnt resign)

Jersey kid in Gaudreau heads home and so does the Calgary kid in Hall. The Flames carry more risk potentially losing Hall at years end and get Palmieri and a 2nd out of it. The Devils can choose to resign Frolik or let him walk and have the security of having Gaudreau for a couple more years.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Gaudreau
Frolik

For

Hall
Palmieri
Conditional 2nd (Hall doesnt resign)

Jersey kid in Gaudreau heads home and so does the Calgary kid in Hall. The Flames carry more risk potentially losing Hall at years end and get Palmieri and a 2nd out of it. The Devils can choose to resign Frolik or let him walk and have the security of having Gaudreau for a couple more years.
This would be just as bad as Lucic deal for Flames.
Giving up Johnny and potentially seeing Hall bolt to EDM after the season.
Giving up Palmieri would sting but this would be a win for NJ..

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
2 goals on 66 shots. Many shots have to be of him just flying in and shooting far out.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Why the **** would the Oilers want him back? He doesnt help teams win(See the Oilers 2011-2016 / Devils 2017, 2019 and 2020 lottery finishes)

Great job contradicting your first point with the bold.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yeah extended Hall would cost more then that change the 2020 2nd to a 2020 first and more and likely keep adding

Except that trade is basically like the Stone trade with extension. If Devils want a 1st they don’t get a grade A prospect back. Also see MaxPac trade. All included seconds with a prospect.

Reactions: thethinglonger

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
When the Devils trade Hall it will be the typical deadline/rental deal for futures. He's a recent Hart winner and one of the best wingers in the game. I'd expect to see a return similar to the Karlsson trade. A high end prospect, 1st round and 2nd round pick plus maybe a B prospect or a lower pick.

An example from Edmonton would be 2020 1st and 2nd, JP and Lagesson. Then if Hall signs an extension with Edmonton a condition would be added that Edmonton has to add their 2021 or 2022 1st.

Huge price to pay but other teams will have similar or better offers.

TheUltimateOiler

Oct 21, 2019
When the Devils trade Hall it will be the typical deadline/rental deal for futures. He's a recent Hart winner and one of the best wingers in the game. I'd expect to see a return similar to the Karlsson trade. A high end prospect, 1st round and 2nd round pick plus maybe a B prospect or a lower pick.

An example from Edmonton would be 2020 1st and 2nd, JP and Lagesson. Then if Hall signs an extension with Edmonton a condition would be added that Edmonton has to add their 2021 or 2022 1st.

Huge price to pay but other teams will have similar or better offers.

Yuck but if the cap room was there, pull the trigger.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
One side says he's one of the best forwards in the game, the other that he's hot garbage and isn't worth a f***. Life has become so polarized.

Nuckler

May 7, 2013
If he was willing to extend in Vancouver and NJ was willing to take on Eriksson for cal reasons I'd offer

Podkolzin
Dipietro
Woo/joulevi/Rafferty
Eriksson
And Vancouver's 1st in either 2020 or 2021 depending on which Tampa gets

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
One side says he's one of the best forwards in the game, the other that he's hot garbage and isn't worth a ****. Life has become so polarized.

I think he certainly can be one of the best, but I'll be honest, he absolutely hasn't looked like it this year. Maybe he's just checked out in Jersey. It happens. Change of scenery may see him get back a little of the jump he has lost, but I'll be honest, he definitely looks like he's lost a step in his skating this season, and he has just been completely unable to finish.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Best I’d do is Jesse P, Alex Chiasson (cap dump), Caleb Jones and a 2nd. I like Hall but he’s injury prone, inconsistent and comes with some off ice baggage. If he really wants to come here and the devils were willing to make it work this would be my offer.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Good luck getting more. Thats a fair trade. Maybe at the deadline someone will overpay for a shot at the cup. That's the only reason ya might get more.

they will easily get more

contrary to what you may believe, there are tons of other teams that aren't the Edmonton Oilers.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Best I’d do is Jesse P, Alex Chiasson (cap dump), Caleb Jones and a 2nd. I like Hall but he’s injury prone, inconsistent and comes with some off ice baggage. If he really wants to come here and the devils were willing to make it work this would be my offer.

not even close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad