Value of: Taylor Hall Auction

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
not even close.
Maybe not I’m just saying that’s the max I would offer. This isn’t hart trophy season Hall we’re dealing with here. He’s coming off a yet another major injury and frankly isn’t playing all that great. As a rental I’m not sure he gets some massive return unless his play drastically changes.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Maybe not I’m just saying that’s the max I would offer. This isn’t hart trophy season Hall we’re dealing with here. He’s coming off a yet another major injury and frankly isn’t playing all that great. As a rental I’m not sure he gets some massive return unless his play drastically changes.
He's not driving play I agree, but he's got 17 pts in 19 games!
He actually looks like the Hall who came here and had to screw his head back on after getting traded from Edm.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He's not driving play I agree, but he's got 17 pts in 19 games!
He actually looks like the Hall who came here and had to screw his head back on after getting traded from Edm.
Only two goals though and it’s a high scoring year. He’s not playing like he’s shown he can that’s for sure and the big injuries are really pilling up at this point in his career when he’s not getting any younger. I love Hall as a player. I even have his jersey still and rock it at the ODR. There’s just too many question marks around him right now for me too be willing to go all in on him.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Best I’d do is Jesse P, Alex Chiasson (cap dump), Caleb Jones and a 2nd. I like Hall but he’s injury prone, inconsistent and comes with some off ice baggage. If he really wants to come here and the devils were willing to make it work this would be my offer.

Rule of thumb, Oilers fans: if you’re thinking of inquiring about a good player, or even a decent one, and the main piece you’re going to offer is Puljujarvi, don’t bother.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Only two goals though and it’s a high scoring year. He’s not playing like he’s shown he can that’s for sure and the big injuries are really pilling up at this point in his career when he’s not getting any younger. I love Hall as a player. I even have his jersey still and rock it at the ODR. There’s just too many question marks around him right now for me too be willing to go all in on him.
I can't disagree with anything you've said here. Although I'm starting to think it's not the injury as much as it's him thinking he's not on the right team to win. Just an opinion.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I think at this point the Devils best bet might be to take a bad contract in return to maximize his value.

Both the Flames and Preds are struggling a bit and have what the Devils want in return but both have trouble fitting Hall under the cap longterm.

Shero could get himself a huge bounty if he took back a Lucic/Turris. Just not sure if the Devils are willing to do something like that given their ownership and that they probably don't want to go into full rebuild mode either...

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

thats great that that is all you will offer

however, plenty of other teams would offer more

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
One thing to question with Hall is his mediocre defence, and his play much effected by his mood.
Thats two things that fits bad with deep playoff runs. A trade with Hall may include a cond 1st + a good rooster player. Thats it.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Rule of thumb, Oilers fans: if you’re thinking of inquiring about a good player, or even a decent one, and the main piece you’re going to offer is Puljujarvi, don’t bother.
Illya Kovulchuk was traded for Oduya, Cormier some other throw in C prospect and a 1st. This is a rental.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Illya Kovulchuk was traded for Oduya, Cormier some other throw in C prospect and a 1st. This is a rental.

Bergfors, who was also included in the trade, at the time was a former first rounder who had 13 goals and 14 assists at the time of the trade and was viewed as a player who had a decent ceiling at the time. Cormier was a second rounder with some presumed upside, and Oduya was a top 4 two way defenseman.

Reactions: MichaelJ

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018

And Puljujarvi still doesn’t come close to being the main piece for even a decent rental, much less a good one. To use your reference JP would be the throw-in prospect, not Oduya.

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
T
If he was willing to extend in Vancouver and NJ was willing to take on Eriksson for cal reasons I'd offer

Podkolzin
Dipietro
Woo/joulevi/Rafferty
Eriksson
And Vancouver's 1st in either 2020 or 2021 depending on which Tampa gets
That’s not the DiPietro I’m thinking of, right?

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015

A top four defender, captain of Canada's WJC team (Hall, Pietrangelo, Eberle, Kadri, Ellis all on this team), a 40-50 pt rookie first rounder, and an additional first rounder.

I don't think this was the point you wanted to make.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
A top four defender, captain of Canada's WJC team (Hall, Pietrangelo, Eberle, Kadri, Ellis all on this team), a 40-50 pt rookie first rounder, and an additional first rounder.

I don't think this was the point you wanted to make.

Yeah, Bergfors and Cormier were valuable pieces. The fact that they flamed out doesn't mean anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad