Value of: Tavares to Toronto

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
TOR doesn't have the Pieces to acquire him at all.

Matthews
Marner
JVR
1st rd pick 2017
1st rd pick 2018

-

Tavares

Islanders still say no.

Thats is TORs best trade assets (as far as I know). you dont trade an Elite/Franchise/captain entering his prime for 2 guys who have never touched pro ice, 2 picks and JVR. Now if you had C Mcdavid (fresh out of the draft last year) then you have a conversation. Speaking of EDM i still cant believe EDM gave Hall away lmao.. god thats brutal.

This is as ridiculous as me offering Bozak + 2nd for Tavares.

If Lou ever drank that much gin and offered that to Snow he takes that and runs. Completely ridiculous, even funnier is how you follow it up with "islanders still say no".

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
What would they want now?
Everything

What they will get now?
Everything they'd ask for.

I fixed that for you.

In a trade including Tavares, the team acquiring him doesn't get any leverage and doesn't get to make any demands.

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
This is as ridiculous as me offering Bozak + 2nd for Tavares.

If Lou ever drank that much gin and offered that to Snow he takes that and runs. Completely ridiculous, even funnier is how you follow it up with "islanders still say no".

Lol that offer gets you any player I'm the NHL not named mcdavid and I'd say even Edmonton thinks long and hard about that

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
The Isles just aren't a natural trading partner. The Leafs are rich at C, and need D. But the Hall trade proves the D market is tighter than a nun's ****, so, unless Leafs management forces a trade in a bad market environment (seems unlikely), nothing will occur.

But, who knows... maybe Ottawa will make a horrible mistake and put Karlsson on the block. We can only hope... I doubt Subban was ever available for anything other than a premier #1 D.

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA
TOR doesn't have the Pieces to acquire him at all.

Matthews
Marner
JVR
1st rd pick 2017
1st rd pick 2018

-

Tavares

Islanders still say no.

Thats is TORs best trade assets (as far as I know). you dont trade an Elite/Franchise/captain entering his prime for 2 guys who have never touched pro ice, 2 picks and JVR. Now if you had C Mcdavid (fresh out of the draft last year) then you have a conversation. Speaking of EDM i still cant believe EDM gave Hall away lmao.. god thats brutal.

As I read this deluded post, I couldn't help but hope that Tavares will leave the Islanders in free agency and sign with the Rangers or something.

7 11 14

Jan 18, 2014
Buffalo, NY
you mean 31 year old captain Getzlaf who showed up to camp fat and out of shape this year and 31 year old perry ? Getzlaf and Perry together couldnt fetch JT. it sounds good because its 2 star names for 1...thats about whete it ends though. as for Stamkos...no way, Stamkos is a year older and just had issues with blood clots which is possibly a very serious recourring problem that could prematurelly wnd his career.

Guess that one flew over your head, huh?

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
no they wouldnt lol you NEVER trade and elite franchise 25 year old for 2 . the 1st rounders could wind up being 20th, 21st. not that much value there.

I get your philosophy... but wouldn't you trade Tavares for McDavid and Puljujarvi? I'm 100% sure that out of 30 managers, the number of those who would do it is 30.

And Matthews+Marner is not that far different. But then again, I get your philosophy, and the carefulness with getting the essentially unknown. As you say it could turn out wrong and it could turn out well, and it would probably depend on the mindset of Snow, what he would believe. As for my honest opinion, I do believe that Tavares isn't getting nowhere, he's the icon of the NYI and a trade to Toronto doesn't really make sense now anyway, for neither side, so it's basically just a debate in terms of, what, in theory, would it take. Of course the Islanders would want a lot coming back, which, due to the Leafs' own future plan, would probably not be happening.

With regard to your proposal, I disagree with you because I think that, for example, Matthews and Rielly is something Snow would simply have to think about, obviously I'm a little different because I value potential a lot, and Matthews, in my opinion, is very likely to be a player who's two-way ability and leadership is Toews-like, who's skills are Tavares or even Malkin-like, and who's maybe better skater than all those three guys. With prospects, there will almost never be a 100% certainity, if you insinuate that. But given Matthews' attitude, his work-ethic, his results as a player so far, I think the likelihood of fulfilling his potential is 80/20 in percents. I personally believe Snow would agree with Rielly+Matthews for Tavares, but I think Toronto would never propose that in the first plae.

And what deal would make you feel comfortable?

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
I get your philosophy... but wouldn't you trade Tavares for McDavid and Puljujarvi? I'm 100% sure that out of 30 managers, the number of those who would do it is 30.

And Matthews+Marner is not that far different. But then again, I get your philosophy, and the carefulness with getting the essentially unknown. As you say it could turn out wrong and it could turn out well, and it would probably depend on the mindset of Snow, what he would believe. As for my honest opinion, I do believe that Tavares isn't getting nowhere, he's the icon of the NYI and a trade to Toronto doesn't really make sense now anyway, for neither side, so it's basically just a debate in terms of, what, in theory, would it take. Of course the Islanders would want a lot coming back, which, due to the Leafs' own future plan, would probably not be happening.

With regard to your proposal, I disagree with you because I think that, for example, Matthews and Rielly is something Snow would simply have to think about, obviously I'm a little different because I value potential a lot, and Matthews, in my opinion, is very likely to be a player who's two-way ability and leadership is Toews-like, who's skills are Tavares or even Malkin-like, and who's maybe better skater than all those three guys. With prospects, there will almost never be a 100% certainity, if you insinuate that. But given Matthews' attitude, his work-ethic, his results as a player so far, I think the likelihood of fulfilling his potential is 80/20 in percents. I personally believe Snow would agree with Rielly+Matthews for Tavares, but I think Toronto would never propose that in the first plae.

Wrong.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007

Matthews + Marner are not far off from Mcdavid + Puljavvari ? dude ...really ? its not even comparable. Mcdavid is genertaional...and Puljavvari could wind up having a way better career then matthews and marner. not trying to pick a fight with you but your evalutaion of prospects and value etc is not very good...to put it nicely. As for myself im no pro in this dept either. but your comparing Mathews to Mcdavid....the best player since Tavares and possibly since Crosby.

Mcdavid and puljavarri for JT I would sadly make that trade tomorrow. Mathews and Marner...Hell no.

again the Islanders do not need Reilly...We have Boychuk who can put up 30 pts, Leddy 40 and Pulock is unknown he could put up anywhere from 20-50pts next year alone with the ceiling of a better defensive Karlsson(i don't think he will get there, just saying its possible). All 3 of these guys are better defensivly then Reilly and after that we have Hamonic and De Haan lol the Islanders would have no interest in him (they couldn't afford him either it would be way too much $ on D in 2-3 years. A deal involving Tavares that you would have reilly in as a piece coming back would be a deal would involve Boychuk going to TOR.

Again could a deal hypothecially be made between these teams ? sure...it would be for the sake of making a deal ...same reason these threads keep popping up. our Need is RW and we dont want to move JT. it would not make us a better team to trade with Tor so why would Snow do it ?

i respect and appreciate your post but I think enough is enough .

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
McDavid > Matthews, obviously, if not >>
Puljujarvi > Marner

but I meant that in what would managers do, not if the quality of those two pairs is the same. McDavid+Puljujarvi is obviously better than Marner+Matthews, but if 30 managers would trade Tavares for the Oilers duo, I say that at least 15 would trade him for Matthews and Marner. The point is that a lot of managers could still do it. At least that's what I believe, but hey, I might be absolutely and ridiculously wrong, I don't pretend I'm a hockey genius.

no 15 managers would not. zero would make that deal. IF somehow 1 gm would make that deal he would be out of a job not longer after. but there is zero chance...only one who MIGHT make that deal is Mike Milbury and on behalf of all Isles fans we can assure you he still securely locked up in a basement on Long Island...his appearance on NBCSN are actually just hollograms.

Last edited:

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Another one of these huh?

Can't wait for further speculation and endless threads about it being a foregone conclusion that he'll be a Leaf, just like Stamkos. Stay tuned folks!

scan15*

May 11, 2016
GTA

Can't wait for further speculation and endless threads about it being a foregone conclusion that he'll be a Leaf, just like Stamkos. Stay tuned folks!

Leafs fans are very happy right now. Very few of them are interested in signing Tavares.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

A thread made by a guy with a Preds avatar and most leaf fans saying trading for him would kill us or that the Islanders simply never would trade him (which is my opinion) and you conclude it's us assuming he will become a Leaf?

Some people try too hard, but haters gonna hate I guess.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Leafs fans are very happy right now. Very few of them are interested in signing Tavares.

Not sure that is true, if he became an FA I think most of our fans would want him like a good many wanted Stamkos but he will probably not be a FA until his 30's if ever.

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015

For now. Just give it time, the media and "that group of fans" will drum up speculation and hype.

It wasn't that long ago that it was a "foregone conclusion" that Stamkos would be a Leaf.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad