Value of: Tavares to Toronto

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
all very true. I wish all thought as realistic as you. Hes from Toronto so he has to come here type threads just need to stop already. If Stammer didnt leave TB...JT is def not going anywhere. this time next year JT will be committed to the Isles for 8 years. Just like stammer and Benn. thanks for the kind words:handclap:..best of luck to you guys and be good to Matt Martin up there.

Thanks I am hoping martin and komo wreck some havoc on the Atlantic division. Can't wait till the season begins, once the season begins and people should tone it down with these threads. Right now there isnt much to talk about so they start a thread asking to trade one of the most untouchable assets in the league.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Not happening....but isn't Matthews the best US born player yet? It sucks when the shoes on the other foot, you've had our best and now we have yours....:nod:

The kid has yet to play a game. Lets relax a little

To the OP it would likely take Matthews+ to which both sides would say no

Mad Brills*

He's not coming to Toronto. Stamkos is the closest soneone of his calibre will hit UFA for a long long time, and a ton of things had to lead to him coming less than 48 hours of being UFA

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Matthews++ in all honesty

TOR doesn't have the Pieces to acquire him at all.

Matthews
Marner
JVR
1st rd pick 2017
1st rd pick 2018

-

Tavares

Islanders still say no.

Thats is TORs best trade assets (as far as I know). you dont trade an Elite/Franchise/captain entering his prime for 2 guys who have never touched pro ice, 2 picks and JVR. Now if you had C Mcdavid (fresh out of the draft last year) then you have a conversation. Speaking of EDM i still cant believe EDM gave Hall away lmao.. god thats brutal.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Which is why the Leafs wouldn't even pursue him the cost would be far too high. We're doing the rebuild the right way. We have our Tavares in Matthews. And no, I'm not comparing their play, just saying that both are franchise players and should be seen as untouchable.

You hope to have your Tavares in Matthews. Matthews certainly has the potential to become as effective as Tavares, but it's still possible he never reaches that level. If the Leaf organization really want the sure fire number one centre they've been lacking for years, they trade Matthews+ in a heartbeat.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
It'd habe to be Matthews plus Marner or Gardiner and a 2nd to get anyone in the Isles organization to listen

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I believe that the only chance the Leafs could have is when (and if) Tavares is a free agent, and that could be in 2018.

I wanted to say Marner + Kadri, but I thought I wouldn't know what fanbase would eat me alive first.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Matthews
Marner
JVR
1st rd pick 2017
1st rd pick 2018

-

Tavares

Islanders still say no.

Thats is TORs best trade assets (as far as I know). you dont trade an Elite/Franchise/captain entering his prime for 2 guys who have never touched pro ice, 2 picks and JVR. Now if you had C Mcdavid (fresh out of the draft last year) then you have a conversation. Speaking of EDM i still cant believe EDM gave Hall away lmao.. god thats brutal.

When do we see packages like that traded?

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Why would the Leafs want Tavares? They have high end centre prospects coming out the yang. Marner, Nylander, some kid from Phoenix.... There's a chance that Tavares isn't even a top 3 player in that list in a few years.

If the Leafs trade for a big name player, they will obviously need to part with one of their big 3, and it will be for a premier D.

Mad Brills*

Why would the Leafs want Tavares? They have high end centre prospects coming out the yang. Marner, Nylander, some kid from Phoenix.... There's a chance that Tavares isn't even a top 3 player in that list in a few years.

If the Leafs trade for a big name player, they will obviously need to part with one of their big 3, and it will be for a premier D.

Matthews is never being traded unless he wants out.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa

That's not true at all. You're telling me Matthews, JVR and Rielly wouldn't get it done? Throw in Kadri, Marner, Nylander.

You're right, we don't have the pieces

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Getzlaf, Perry, or Stamkos straight up.

you mean 31 year old captain Getzlaf who showed up to camp fat and out of shape this year and 31 year old perry ? Getzlaf and Perry together couldnt fetch JT. it sounds good because its 2 star names for 1...thats about whete it ends though. as for Stamkos...no way, Stamkos is a year older and just had issues with blood clots which is possibly a very serious recourring problem that could prematurelly wnd his career.

Mad Brills*

That's not true at all. You're telling me Matthews, JVR and Rielly wouldn't get it done? Throw in Kadri, Marner, Nylander.

They do, but it would wreck the leafs.

The new team would basically be tavares, kadri, gardiner and andersen.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012

Matthews
Marner
JVR
1st rd pick 2017
1st rd pick 2018

-

Tavares

Islanders still say no.

The Leafs would never, in a milion years, offer both Marner and Matthews. Let alone the other pieces with that. The Islanders would take that deal with a smile on their face.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The Tavares to Toronto angle is so annoying as a Leaf fan.

Does it make any sense to get remotely excited for the possibility unless we're on the eve of July 1st with him heading to free agency?

As far as I am concerned, he's an Islander until I hear any different.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007

No. throw in Kadri ? we already have 1 of those his name is josh Bailey...minus the ego.

yes im telling you matthews JVR reilly wouldnt get it done lol as will every one else. closer but no.

JVR is a 2nd line winger Matthews as good as he SHOULD be is a prospect...and Reilly is good but we already have Nick leddy and Ryan Pulock...we dont need him. let's put it this way what it would take...is the same reason it wouldnt happen. Not good trade Partners.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
The Leafs would never, in a milion years, offer both Marner and Matthews. Let alone the other pieces with that. The Islanders would take that deal with a smile on their face.

no they wouldnt lol you NEVER trade and elite franchise 25 year old for 2 prospects. the 1st rounders could wind up being 20th, 21st. not that much value there.

could that trade work for isles ? yes and could be a steal...or it could go terribly wrong and yourte idiot that just traded JT. these threads and rumors dont revolve around Mathews...they revolve around Tavares, keep that in mind. ou need to pay for what you want. snow would not take any chances...it would take a deal assuring he cant lose. if you accept any less you might as well step down as GM

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
They do, but it would wreck the leafs.

The new team would basically be tavares, kadri, gardiner and andersen.
I'm not saying it'd be a good idea or some ing we would ever do, but he said we don't have the pieces to get it done

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad