Tavares as Captain

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
and? That shows you care, I don't get this narrative. Jack Campbell cried like a baby after the series. Basically the whole team cried in the locker room and the press conference.

I mean many players cry after losing in the playoffs. It's a normal response. But yet only marner gets shit for it, get your head out of your ass. I can make a compilation of so many players crying in the playoffs.

]yup, so were those two fragile? or is it just the fairy tale in your head. Cause Buffalo seemed to be pretty dominant with those two sharing captaincy for a while.
Crying during a game and crying after the game/series is different.

Personally, I am not saying MM is soft, I just think he has a more relax personality which is fine as long as he produces when it matters. Lebron even admitted he is more of a joker than Kobe but when it times to get serious and produce, Lebron showed up.
Would you rather MM got the MJ or Kobe mentality or just someone who likes to have fun.

As for leadership, despite Reilly last game, I still think Reilly should be Capt over anyone on the team. As he has been here the longest, and he steps up in playoffs lastly, he sacrificed in his
salary to resign with the team.

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I would have no issue with Marner captain, if Matthews leaves or if he stays. I dont know what goes on in the room but Marner is a 100 point guy, excellent on the pp and the pk. Marner also competes harder than most elite guys in the NHL. Matthews complete level needs to improve.

Marner doesn't seem like a leader of men type personality. That's not an insult, just appears that way from the outside. He's an elite player and producer, a fun guy in the room and likes to keep it light. Those are his strengths and where he shines. Why not let that be what it is instead of trying to elevate him to some Big Dog status?

Reactions: mapleleaf979

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
Captain Johnny Toronto with a very captain-like 4 point night, including his 11th career hat trick.

Reactions: saffronleaf

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I'm not sure about 'captain-like' but that was the best game I've seen him play.

Gorgeous solo effort on his second!

Reactions: Puckstuff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad