Tavares and the excuses

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
JT can flirt with Kane's echelon.

Truth be told though, JT has been giving up on plays, not fighting as hard for the puck, losing puck battles (which is his bread and butter) making poor decisions with the puck. Not a good start.

Home shopping in Toronto while the season is going, is very tiresome.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Tavares has always had ebbs and flows. This is nothing new. However, even when he's snake bit he's still commanding the game. This thread is ridiculous. I've said before I'd trade Tavares if the price is right, but to say he hasn't separated himself from the rest of the class is absurd. Guy controls the puck every shift. Even when he's not scoring he's still wearing down the opposing D. He's an absolute machine and not all of what he does translates to the scoreboard. Close this thread up!

JT has not taken over and controlled a game since the playoff series against the Panthers. Tavares is not a top 5 player in the game, at the point in time he may not even be a top 20 player anymore.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
What exactly is the point of this post? All three of those players are better than Tavares and the fact that they have more points than him should not be a surprise.

But more importantly, is this somehow supposed to prove that Tavares "sucks???" Cherry picking stats (6 games into the season!) is idiotic. Sometimes I feel like Islanders fans have the attention span of a gnat.

The point is, he's off to a very slow start - only at .5 PPG. Simple. Sometimes people like to puff their chest in attempt to impress others with their own nonsensical interpretations of what someone else is saying. Not a good look.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
The point is, he's off to a very slow start - only at .5 PPG. Simple. Sometimes people like to puff their chest in attempt to impress others with their own nonsensical interpretations of what someone else is saying. Not a good look.
Trust me, I look better than you.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
JT has not taken over and controlled a game since the playoff series against the Panthers. Tavares is not a top 5 player in the game, at the point in time he may not even be a top 20 player anymore.

and your point is what? This is Tavares' fault for not being able to carry this team on his back? Is being the 10th best centre in the NHL not good enough for the entitled fan base?

It's pathetic to dump on the ONE player who's not disappointed since he's been an Islander. The captain, who is the only reason the Isles aren't Arizona/Colorado, and soon you may have something else to complain about. In eight years he's been a superstar on the ice and off the ice, made those around him better, but it's been a tough six games where he only won ONE game on his own.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
and your point is what? This is Tavares' fault for not being able to carry this team on his back? Is being the 10th best centre in the NHL not good enough for the entitled fan base?

It's pathetic to dump on the ONE player who's not disappointed since he's been an Islander. The captain, who is the only reason the Isles aren't Arizona/Colorado, and soon you may have something else to complain about. In eight years he's been a superstar on the ice and off the ice, made those around him better, but it's been a tough six games where he only won ONE game on his own.

My point is that Tavares needs to be better. He is the face of the franchise. He needs to be the best player on the ice night in and night out. This is a guy that is going to get damn near 100 million over the next few years.

Tavares is a great player, but over the last year he has looked more like a star player than a franchise player.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
My point is that Tavares needs to be better. He is the face of the franchise. He needs to be the best player on the ice night in and night out. This is a guy that is going to get damn near 100 million over the next few years.

Tavares is a great player, but over the last year he has looked more like a star player than a franchise player.

You'll never get past the "Tavares is god" clique. He's simply not playing up to his potential, and those rose-colored glasses don't change a thing.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Man I just love it when all of the regular armchair GM’s and hockey analysts come out of the woodwork when things go poorly around here and then disappear when things turn around.
If your referring to me I have been hear 9+ years and have almost 6000 posts. 8 just don't post as often anymore.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
You'll never get past the "Tavares is god" clique. He's simply not playing up to his potential, and those rose-colored glasses don't change a thing.
Tavares has 8 NHL seasons under his belt and has been around a ppg player (or just under) every damn year. He's 27 years old. Sure it's possible he'll magically fall of the cliff and really stink it up in his contract year but I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that he'll produce at the same rate. He's not a top 3/5 superstar but he's definitely one of the game's premiere players. And would be the best player on many teams, including the Islanders (duh). No one is claiming he is "god."

The goaltending and #1 center positions are by far THE LAST things we need to worry about when it comes to this team. Yet here we are with two of the most popular topics being complaints about JT and the goalies. Six games in. LOL.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
Tavares has 8 NHL seasons under his belt and has been around a ppg player (or just under) every damn year. He's 27 years old. Sure it's possible he'll magically fall of the cliff and really stink it up in his contract year but I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that he'll produce at the same rate. He's not a top 3/5 superstar but he's definitely one of the game's premiere players. And would be the best player on many teams, including the Islanders (duh). No one is claiming he is "god."

The goaltending and #1 center positions are by far THE LAST things we need to worry about when it comes to this team. Yet here we are with two of the most popular topics being complaints about JT and the goalies. Six games in. LOL.

You keep going off on these ridiculous tirades. All I really said was JT is off to a slow start and he's human (not god). Pay attention to what's being said and not what you think you hear, because obviously thinking is not working for ya.

Reactions: Svengoolie

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
You keep going off on these ridiculous tirades. All I really said was JT is off to a slow start and he's human (not god). Pay attention to what's being said and not what you think you hear, because obviously thinking is not working for ya.
What's ridiculous is this entire thread.

Reactions: ekill08x

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

Actually, I think the PP has taken the lead.

Reactions: Svengoolie

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Things are kinda down around here. Let's brighten up the mood, courtesy of Mr. Botta:

"Beyond only certain corners of the New York metropolitan area, the real, hard truth is that it's difficult to find anyone who believes Tavares will sign another long-term contract with the Islanders."

https://www.sny.tv/islanders/news/r...-country-believe-tavares-is-staying/258814892

All makes perfect sense and I'm not surprised in the least. The Isles are NOT a place for someone to come who wants to win the Cup. They are the place for the Giuntas and Baileys of the world, not world class talent. Someone as driven and motivated and talented as JT -- would be out of his mind to think that this mickey mouse team will come anywhere NEAR a cup.

Course -- most Isles fans will think that getting an arena deal = winning the Cup.

Good luck JT --- we'll miss you. If you ever want to come back to a sub .500 team which can bring in 8000 fans a night (provided its not raining), we'll be here. XOXO

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Things are kinda down around here. Let's brighten up the mood, courtesy of Mr. Botta:

"Beyond only certain corners of the New York metropolitan area, the real, hard truth is that it's difficult to find anyone who believes Tavares will sign another long-term contract with the Islanders."

https://www.sny.tv/islanders/news/r...-country-believe-tavares-is-staying/258814892

I don't want to hate anyone, but Botta is doing an excellent job of trying to get me to do just that. The dude is a sensationalist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad