Tavares and the excuses

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Haha, did you see Mulletman's reverse jinx thread? Tavares went super saiyan once he posted his yearly thread intended to troll. :laugh:

Johnny named 1st NHL star of the week. Ho hum.

There's already one up on Crosby. StK jumped on that quick. :laugh:

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
So much pathetic bashing of JT going on here from the ingrates. Botta is simply reminding all the naysayers that John Tavares has a long history of going against the grain with his steadfast loyalty to the Islanders from the moment he was picked in the draft including signing an extension that put him 2 years into his UFA eligibility and knowingly signing a contract that was well below market value. As JT has said in the past and continues to say today, his goal is to win the Cup with the New York Islanders. As much as the cards may "appear" to be stacked against the NYI, we should all believe he is here to stay because he has always proven himself to be an exceptional person.

He's had a slow start to the season, so what? He's had seasons where he was well behind the pack only to come roaring back to become one of the top in the league.

I feel bad for JT, because every year he's got to adapt his game to a new winger. We need to give his line a few more games to gel, if it ever will.

Also, for those claiming that JT looks slow this year. I don't know what you're looking at. This is the fastest I've ever seen JT. His footwork is much improved. In fact I think he's skating too fast for his own good. He needs to slow the game down, hover around the net and make those nifty stickhandling moves, strong on the puck, and score up close. He shouldn't try to play a Barzal or HoSang type of game. He's not that fast. I do agree that his line may be unbalanced if both Eberle and Lee are both crowding the net leaving JT to fight in the corners for the puck. That would completely negate his strengths. Maybe that's why Bailey was effective on that line.

I am completely stoked about the Islanders chances this year. Fair record aside, I am loving the offensive chances this team is generating especially with the young players in the line-up. The team is losing because of special teams- with the PP being the obvious culprit. I think it is time for Weight to unleash the Kraken and get Pulock in this line-up ASAP. I say sit Pelech. That should completely change the powerplay's fortunes for the better. It needs a cannon.

This guy knew what he was talking about. Yeah, let's trade John Tavares now while his value is high. Pffft!!

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Tavares was ging hard for the hat trick after his 2nd goal. Looked kinda weak considering vegas goalie was the 4th string goalie and he was in his first minutes in this league. Years ago that would cause a issue things have changed.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Tavares was ging hard for the hat trick after his 2nd goal. Looked kinda weak considering vegas goalie was the 4th string goalie and he was in his first minutes in this league. Years ago that would cause a issue things have changed.
Yeah. Tavares should have brought him some iced tea and refused to take any more shots.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
It probably looked worse on tv then in person. He stayed on the ice for another shift and looked like a bat out of hell when they won the faceoff. You could tell how important a hat trick was for him. For a guy that wont sign a exension cause he knws he can do better, and who did nhing the 1st 6 games, it was uncomfrtable to watch.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It probably looked worse on tv then in person. He stayed on the ice for another shift and looked like a bat out of hell when they won the faceoff. You could tell how important a hat trick was for him. For a guy that wont sign a exension cause he knws he can do better, and who did nhing the 1st 6 games, it was uncomfrtable to watch.

What the hell are you even saying?

Reactions: nyisles

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY

Jon Favreau dialing the girl in Swingers ten times after 2AM after he gets her phone number that night, is uncomfortable to watch

You make JT going for a hat trick seem like you are auditioning for Snow White in Harvey Weinstein's office

Reactions: nyisles

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Jon Favreau dialing the girl in Swingers ten times after 2AM after he gets her phone number that night, is uncomfortable to watch

You make JT going for a hat trick seem like you are auditioning for Snow White in Harvey Weinstein's office
Too soon.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
As mentioned in the gamethread, all goals no assists for JT lately. Goes to show he's just about had it with his teammates, his franchise and the city. I predict he's going to score 5 more hattricks this season as the final f*** you to the team.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
As mentioned in the gamethread, all goals no assists for JT lately. Goes to show he's just about had it with his teammates, his franchise and the city. I predict he's going to score 5 more hattricks this season as the final **** you to the team.

He's clearly playing for that new contract.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Man I just watched the Patrick Marleau tribute - I really hope we never have to see a tribute like that to JT. Even at age 39.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
are people really going after him for going after his 3rd hatty in 4 games, while being up by 3 goals? (i know most on here are kidding, but are there really a few that are going after him for it?)

nyisles

Apr 4, 2006
Western Suffolk
Not sure anything's as uncomfortable to watch as your last few posts in this thread. Please stop now.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
NHL radio had a 10 min discussion about all the teams JT would help at the trade deadline. Once the NYI are in 12th place at the trade deadline and have to move him.

This team gets zero respect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad