Rumor: Tarasenko fires agents

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Is the market for Debrincat big enough that it would impact Tatar and Tarasenko? They are players in different stages of their career.
Not the market but these guys are likely looking at Ottawa willing to spend the money for a replacement where as everyone else is already at the cap. Basically just doing their due diligence before signing with a team making sure money isnt being left on the table

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Is the market for Debrincat big enough that it would impact Tatar and Tarasenko? They are players in different stages of their career.

tarasenko andDebrincat are the big fish 8n this from free agency and trades.

on D you have Duma and Pesce doing s8mikar th8ngs innthe market.

after them you have a couple of free agents and rtage candidates that could be moved
Not the market but these guys are likely looking at Ottawa willing to spend the money for a replacement where as everyone else is already at the cap. Basically just doing their due diligence before signing with a team making sure money isnt being left on the table

if Ottawa moved Debrincat along with the losers on Tarasenko will be looking for secondary stop gaps on 1-2 yr contracts.

you also have teams looking to move players to open up cap space. They want to wait and see what teams in this competition are thrn looking fir wingers. It’s easier giving thrm cheap to these teams instead of having to include sugar in deals with Chicago and Anaheim.

a team like arizona who wants to compete might be looking at lower prices on some good players. Thst have shorter term.

New Jersey appears to have a mid 6 winger slot open where they might have interest in one of these wingers with 1-2 yrs term left.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I wonder if he might sign a 1-year deal in a surprise market just to bet on himself and be a UFA again when the cap goes up next summer.

My Habs would have the cap room but have too many forwards signed already.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
True… he is also one of the most selfish players I have ever seen play the game.

We could probably make about a 10 second compilation video of his career offensive zone assists.

It's hilarious how inaccurate these assessments of Tarasenko are coming from non Blues fans. He may not be the best two way winger out there, but he's also far from the worst. After watching him for a decade, lazy and selfish are not words that describe Tarasenko.

Worry about your own team's playoff shortcomings instead of projecting them onto Vladi.

Last edited:

finnishflash13

Oct 28, 2020
I have no idea if this is legit but I want to ask people who would recognize. Is this really Tank?

Not sure if you know much about Tarasenko but he hates that nickname.

"Tank, for me, I know a lot of stuff about the war because it's really big in Russia," Tarasenko told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "It's power and just go through everybody, but I don't want to use it because ... we lost like almost 20 million. My grandparents, they were there. My grandpa's father make the tanks probably. So I don't really want to see some jokes about war or nicknames."

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Not sure if you know much about Tarasenko but he hates that nickname.

"Tank, for me, I know a lot of stuff about the war because it's really big in Russia," Tarasenko told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "It's power and just go through everybody, but I don't want to use it because ... we lost like almost 20 million. My grandparents, they were there. My grandpa's father make the tanks probably. So I don't really want to see some jokes about war or nicknames."
Did not know that but thanks for sharing. I am not a fan of calling people names and since almost everyone on the forums said Tank, I figured it was commonplace.

Will try not to use that again.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
tarasenko andDebrincat are the big fish 8n this from free agency and trades.

on D you have Duma and Pesce doing s8mikar th8ngs innthe market.

after them you have a couple of free agents and rtage candidates that could be moved

if Ottawa moved Debrincat along with the losers on Tarasenko will be looking for secondary stop gaps on 1-2 yr contracts.

you also have teams looking to move players to open up cap space. They want to wait and see what teams in this competition are thrn looking fir wingers. It’s easier giving thrm cheap to these teams instead of having to include sugar in deals with Chicago and Anaheim.

a team like arizona who wants to compete might be looking at lower prices on some good players. Thst have shorter term.

New Jersey appears to have a mid 6 winger slot open where they might have interest in one of these wingers with 1-2 yrs term left.
The only spot open in the lineup right now is third line RW... and I think the organization is going to see if Holtz/Clarke can take it.

Meier-Hughes-Mercer
Bratt-Hischier-Toffoli
Palat-Haula-Holtz/Clarke
Foote-McLeod-Bastian/Lazar

Reactions: Forge

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Getting a new agent might help him for next year. But for this year... the Frenzy is over, teams have spent their money, the 1-year offers teams were making under the previous agent are still all that's left out there, probably? It's not going to fix anything for today. :dunno:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Getting a new agent might help him for next year. But for this year... the Frenzy is over, teams have spent their money, the 1-year offers teams were making under the previous agent are still all that's left out there, probably? It's not going to fix anything for today. :dunno:

many teams were not going to give term deals.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
many teams were not going to give term deals.
Exactly. And that will not change now with or without a new agent. He's going to have to just pick the best one on his plate, have a great season, and hope his new agent gets him something with term in a better location next summer.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
1 yr 6 mill to literally anyone. If it’s not a playoff contender, flip with retention at the deadline?

How much are we expecting to make now with most competing teams tighter on the cap?

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
1 yr 6 mill to literally anyone. If it’s not a playoff contender, flip with retention at the deadline?

How much are we expecting to make now with most competing teams tighter on the cap?
A quick check on Capfriendly shows 12 teams with more than $1M of the cap left.

13) St. Louis has $2.3M left but needs to sign a backup G.
14) Flames have $2.4M left and need to sign 3 forwards. Looking like 3 league mins.
15) Canes have $3.3M. Roster is pretty much set, but depends on moves on D. A likely candidate.
16) CBJ with ~$4M. Unlikely to have the space and Tank may not want to play for them.
17) Philadelphia - $11.7M with LTIR. They definitely have the space (moreso if they trade 50% of TDA). I don't think Tank would want to sign there but he could do so and could take term.
18) NJ - $5.6M. Honestly this should be a dark horse team to do it for one year.

19) EDM -$5.6M to re-sign Bouchard and McLeod. Will have to dump salary to make that work. No.
20) NY Rangers -$6M and need to find room for K'Andre and Lafreniere. No.
21) Sharks -$6.6M. They have the space, but I don't think Tank would want to play there.
22) Sabres - $6.7M. They could do it for one year, but probably will have a shit-ton of raises to give out the next year.

23) Bruins - $7M and need to re-sign Swayman and Frederic. Unlikely.
24) Sens - $7.5M and needs at least 3F. If they trade DeBrincat, they could sign him. Otherwise, no.
25) Wild - $8.3M but needs a goalie (starting goalie unless Fleury's the guy), 2 forwards, and 2 D. Unlikely to have space.
26) Jets - $8.6M but needs to sign Vilardi, and another F. Possible, but unlikely to have much space.
27) Preds - $8.8M. Has the space.
28) Kraken -$10M but need to re-sign Vince Dunn and 1F. Could make it work.
29) Red Wings - $13.5M. Could easily afford Tank and could give him term.

30) Coyotes - Probably a no
31) Blackhawks - $18M and only need 2D. A possible team if he wants to play next to Hall/Bedard and go to a contender at the deadline.
32) Ducks - $30M but need to re-sign Zegras, Terry, 2D, and the team sucks.

TLDR, it's his choice to take a 1 year term with a playoff team, or take more term and money with a non-playoff team. I'm kinda surprised New Jersey hasn't been mentioned much. That seems like a mutual fit. He could feasibly score a lot on that high-scoring team, but maybe he is afraid of being buried with good forwards already and having to play bottom 6.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

14) Flames have $2.4M left and need to sign 3 forwards. Looking like 3 league mins.
15) Canes have $3.3M. Roster is pretty much set, but depends on moves on D. A likely candidate.
16) CBJ with ~$4M. Unlikely to have the space and Tank may not want to play for them.
17) Philadelphia - $11.7M with LTIR. They definitely have the space (moreso if they trade 50% of TDA). I don't think Tank would want to sign there but he could do so and could take term.
18) NJ - $5.6M. Honestly this should be a dark horse team to do it for one year.

19) EDM -$5.6M to re-sign Bouchard and McLeod. Will have to dump salary to make that work. No.
21) Sharks -$6.6M. They have the space, but I don't think Tank would want to play there.
22) Sabres - $6.7M. They could do it for one year, but probably will have a shit-ton of raises to give out the next year.

24) Sens - $7.5M and needs at least 3F. If they trade DeBrincat, they could sign him. Otherwise, no.
25) Wild - $8.3M but needs a goalie (starting goalie unless Fleury's the guy), 2 forwards, and 2 D. Unlikely to have space.
26) Jets - $8.6M but needs to sign Vilardi, and another F. Possible, but unlikely to have much space.

31) Blackhawks - $18M and only need 2D. A possible team if he wants to play next to Hall/Bedard and go to a contender at the deadline.

TLDR, it's his choice to take a 1 year term with a playoff team, or take more term and money with a non-playoff team. I'm kinda surprised New Jersey hasn't been mentioned much. That seems like a mutual fit. He could feasibly score a lot on that high-scoring team, but maybe he is afraid of being buried with good forwards already and having to play bottom 6.
Tampa does too.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I would take him on the Preds, but exclusively only at 1x$6M. He can walk on towards the next best offer if there is one. :dunno:

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
I dont understand people who say he shouldn't get a multi year deal for 5+, If the only offers were for 1 or 2 years i completely understand him firing his agent. To me he is a certain 60+ point player who will score you like 25-30 goals minimum, possibly way more if you put some skilled players around him. It's been 2 years since he scored 82 points and 34 goals in 75 games. Yeah i get he got injured, but how come he is now a cheap player after his injury while a lot of players who were injured last season are suddenly projected to put up a lot of points? Sometimes i don't get who people think, this is a quality player who scores, if someone gives him 3x7 i think it's a fair deal.

Edit: for example Duchene is not a good hockey player and he still got paid 3m for 1year, people are paying Taylor Hall 6m per year with NMC for exactly what? The fact that he had 1 good year and was a #1 pick?

Edit2: I would rather pay 7m per year for Tarasenko than 2million per year for Hall.

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com

I've been saying it for a week now, my fear of NJ swooping in and getting Vlad grows stronger every day. And he'll sign there easy because I genuinely don't think he wants out of the Metro area. It's obvious he wanted to stay a Ranger so what's the next best thing for him? The Devils.

And they'll give him the money because it:
1. will piss off NYR
2. might secure another series win against them next spring

I might throw up if this happens tbh

• Haha
Reactions: Discipline Daddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad