Tank vs Kids playing well. What would you rather?

AlphaCentauri

Oct 11, 2015
Montreal
What a dilemma between loosing and get a better pic or winning and get a worst pic. :help:

NHL was a shame. We need a better draft system base on probability, not one punishing the best teams and rewarding the losers. Something like:

- Each 3 years a team have a possibility to select a choice between #1 to #10 (loto)

... or something more sophisticated, but not the actual NHL system.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Are you angry?

Nah, not angry. Just hopeful that such a terrible season opens eyes and the team can finally be built well and not just a mirage. It gets old watching mediocrity year after year after year. Decade after decade.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
You don't want the team to make the post-season with Price coming back and a bunch of youthfull enthusiasm recently added?

200.gif

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Our team isn't bad enough even with all these injuries to pick top 5. Sorry tankers, but we will still get a good player while having a look at what we have already in the system. These guys will not lose on purpose. Re tool in the offseason and come back next year.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Bergevin has been doing everything right, it's really the icing on the cake that he can get a good pick this season. Habs will be contender next year.

So, TANK!

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
What a dilemma between loosing and get a better pic or winning and get a worst pic. :help:

NHL was a shame. We need a better draft system base on probability, not one punishing the best teams and rewarding the losers. Something like:

- Each 3 years a team have a possibility to select a choice between #1 to #10 (loto)

... or something more sophisticated, but not the actual NHL system.

The owners decide how the draft is to be done.

The NHL is a collection of 30 entertainment businesses and the league and its owners protect their businesses. If a bad team just gets worse, it is bad business for the league. It would be difficult to even get owners if the bottom loser teams were thrown to the wolves and haven't got the chance to get better by getting better players in the draft.

Don't expect a change not based on business dollars.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
The draft system has progressively been changed to favour teams that do not tank, I don't see a problem with that or tanking, you play within the rules.

I don't think making the first round to get slaughtered by Washington is a good idea. I would like to see our youth play well, and I don't mind wins if it is because of them. But I don't think it'd be good for our youth to end up facing the Capitals for four games in a row. I don't think a losing culture is a big issue; this is the last quarter of the season, teams like Edmonton are threatened by a losing culture, not teams that are looking to contend and have a disaster of a year. Look at New Jersey between 2011 and 2012.

I don't think losing the majority of our games will be bad for our youth; this is more so an experience than part of the process. Most of the players exposed to this stretch will have drastically different expectations for themselves come next season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
The draft system has progressively been changed to favour teams that do not tank, I don't see a problem with that or tanking, you play within the rules.

I don't think making the first round to get slaughtered by Washington is a good idea. I would like to see our youth play well, and I don't mind wins if it is because of them. But I don't think it'd be good for our youth to end up facing the Capitals for four games in a row. I don't think a losing culture is a big issue; this is the last quarter of the season, teams like Edmonton are threatened by a losing culture, not teams that are looking to contend and have a disaster of a year. Look at New Jersey between 2011 and 2012.

I don't think losing the majority of our games will be bad for our youth; this is more so an experience than part of the process. Most of the players exposed to this stretch will have drastically different expectations for themselves come next season.

Our youth is accustomed to losing...
Thank You Sly. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad