Tank Thread 2015/16 (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Big game against Ottawa, we usually lose against them so I don't think it's wishful thinking to say we will probably lose....

Famous last words of course. :shakehead

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Big game against Ottawa, we usually lose against them so I don't think it's wishful thinking to say we will probably lose....

Famous last words of course. :shakehead

Ottawa 3-5-2 in their last 10 playing pretty crappy so I am expecting them to dump this one tonight.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Toronto won. Game 80 and Edmonton is dead last again with 3 games on Toronto. Good lord Edmonton, I swear if you win that lottery again.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto won. Game 80 and Edmonton is dead last again with 3 games on Toronto. Good lord Edmonton, I swear if you win that lottery again.

Sooner or later one would think their luck would run out. The only year it was a monster win for them was McDavid though. As for the other 1st's Hall has produced at a PPG clip so that is rare although he has his faults.....RNH is ok but I don't feel a 1st overall pedigree, and Yak has been a burn out. For all their lottery luck it has also landed on some suboptimal seasons.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I could actually see him taking tkachuk at #3 :shakehead

Tkachuk is a big bodied pkayer who plays with grit. I can see how that would be right up his alley. While not as egregious as the Virtanen pick was, relative to what else is on the board it would be a bad pick. Still, Tkachuk at 3rd is better than Virtanen at 6th. >_>

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I don't know why people think Ottawa will be the easiest game. The California teams will be resting players and won't have much to play for. I'm expecting 6 points in final 6 games.

without even looking at the schedule, i'm figuring that 6 points is possible, 4-5 is most likely.
the remaining OIlers' schedule's incredibly interesting.
2 games vs Nucks, 1 vs Flames.

The Flames game is a dice roll. anyone can win.
Oil can realistically sweep the Canucks.
Oilers can finish the season on a 3 game winning streak - 73 points.
most likely? 71 points.
i still think the Jets will finish above the Oilers. i don't see the Jets crapping the bed Canucks style.
if the 'Nucks crap the bed, the Jets will finish ahead of them but behind Calgary.

the only team tank-wise we should really care about? the Blue Jackets.
they're the difference between 4th and 5th. as i posted yesterday, their schedule's pretty interesting. they can realistically finish as low as 2nd last to as high as 6th last.

also, the Leafs. the funny, funny Leafs. i'd say that 6 points in their last 6 games is a real possibility. take possible wins against Sabres, Blue Jackets, Flyers and Devils. and hey, they just spanked Florida last night. so 6 is very, very likely, with 8 points even being possible. they can very well pass the Jets in the standings.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I think I saw that the Leafs are 7-4-1 in their last 12.

As for the Canucks/Oilers, we'd be better off hoping for Vancouver to win both, but that seems almost impossible now.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I would rather the Oilers win all 3 games. I have no worries about Vancouver if they win the lottery or end up lower than us, as their year has been **** and the front office is a running joke. I would rather the Oilers take a D with their pick, as they sorely need it. I could see them picking Chychrun at 3 if they don't get 1st or 2nd.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think I saw that the Leafs are 7-4-1 in their last 12.

As for the Canucks/Oilers, we'd be better off hoping for Vancouver to win both, but that seems almost impossible now.

It is hard to say where it all ends up. I'm happy about the strength of our schedule after tonight. And I'm glad so many of the other tankers play each other down the stretch. If I had to make a guess we end up 3rd or 4th. I think the Nucks and Oilers take up 1st and 2nd and then us and Columbus for 3rd and 4th with the Flames and Leafs getting enough points for 5th and 6th.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
a sweet pick might not help us. look at edmonton lol.

I think comparing the Jets to EDM is just :help:

The Oliers are in a league of their own.

Yeah, EDM has spent years managing to screw things up. The Jets have drafted well in general with good balance in both drafting and team assembly (stubborness at goaltending aside). Maybe not all around elite talent but they've at least tried to take care of the back AND the front end - very un-Edmonton.

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Tkachuk is a big bodied pkayer who plays with grit. I can see how that would be right up his alley. While not as egregious as the Virtanen pick was, relative to what else is on the board it would be a bad pick. Still, Tkachuk at 3rd is better than Virtanen at 6th. >_>

Imagine, the oil take Chychrun at #2 and Van takes Tkachuk at #3, the Finns fall to 4&5... it could actually happen, unlikely but still

White Out 403*

If we can't get Matthews, I am perfectly content with either of the Finns, Chychrun, or, Tkachuk... maybe even Dubois. Realistically though there is a pretty high drop off from Matthews and the Finns onward. A top 3 pick gives you an NHL ready prospect who could become an every day valuable top 6 player (especially Matthews). After that you're rolling he dice.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
without even looking at the schedule, i'm figuring that 6 points is possible, 4-5 is most likely.
the remaining OIlers' schedule's incredibly interesting.
2 games vs Nucks, 1 vs Flames.

The Flames game is a dice roll. anyone can win.
Oil can realistically sweep the Canucks.
Oilers can finish the season on a 3 game winning streak - 73 points.
most likely? 71 points.
i still think the Jets will finish above the Oilers. i don't see the Jets crapping the bed Canucks style.
if the 'Nucks crap the bed, the Jets will finish ahead of them but behind Calgary.

the only team tank-wise we should really care about? the Blue Jackets.
they're the difference between 4th and 5th. as i posted yesterday, their schedule's pretty interesting. they can realistically finish as low as 2nd last to as high as 6th last.

also, the Leafs. the funny, funny Leafs. i'd say that 6 points in their last 6 games is a real possibility. take possible wins against Sabres, Blue Jackets, Flyers and Devils. and hey, they just spanked Florida last night. so 6 is very, very likely, with 8 points even being possible. they can very well pass the Jets in the standings.

Leafs are interesting indeed - winning a lot more than their fans desire Im sure. Kind of like the Jetsb but wins may dry up quickly for either of those overachievers.

I agree that if we somehow went into the tank & pulled off <= 1 win, we could get lucky and pull off 3rd or maybe even better with less than 2 points. But 2 or more wins I think pretty much puts us solidly in 5th or worse.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
After last night, Chicago pretty much has very little chance of winning the division. 6 points back of STL and Dal with 5 games left. This can only mean good things for their pick if they don't make Stanley Cup finals.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
I want to see us get 2nd or 3rd, and then pull some Burke magic, and trade for the other pick to draft the two Finns (ala Sedins).

Very unrealistic, but fun to dream about. Would definitely cost too much.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sooner or later one would think their luck would run out. The only year it was a monster win for them was McDavid though. As for the other 1st's Hall has produced at a PPG clip so that is rare although he has his faults.....RNH is ok but I don't feel a 1st overall pedigree, and Yak has been a burn out. For all their lottery luck it has also landed on some suboptimal seasons.

Edmonton looks like finishing 30 or 29. Guaranteed no worse than 4-5.

Tor - Matthews
Van - Tkachuk
Edm - Chychrun
CBJ - PLD (they need to replace RyJo :) )
Wpg - Choices, choices, choices! :)
Cgy - can have our leavings. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad