Tank Thread 2015/16 (Part V)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Some posts from last thread to get us started:

We're getting close to the edge now. How much further back could we go?

It's called "the Edmonton ledge". ;)

Very critical game for the tank

And I'm very happy we lost, given the bigger picture.

12 games left. Roughly two and a half weeks. This show is almost over. Thank goodness. Then we can finally see what our draft position will be.

So Cormier then? :yo:

Tank on

Possible that Armia could be ready to go

Big loss tonight.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Me after a Jets loss:

zkwFgrH.gif

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Closer and closer we get to the our ultimate goal.

Shoutouts to Tank Commander Pavelec and Deputy Hutchinson for all their hard work, it will soon (hopefully) pay off big for us.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Standing with 2 1/2 weeks to go and games playing each other.

Coyotes .... 67 points ... 2 games (Flames, Oilers)
Canucks .... 66 points ... 5 games (Oilers x 3, Jets, Flames)
Sabres ...... 66 points ... 4 games (Leafs x 2, Jets, Columbus)
Flames ...... 65 points ... 4 games (Oilers, Leafs, Coyotes, Canucks)
Columbus ... 64 points ... 2 games (Leafs, Sabres)
Oilers ........ 63 points ... 5 games (Canucks x 3, Flames, Coyotes)
Jets ......... 63 points .... 2 games (Canucks, Sabres)
Leafs ....... 59 points .... 4 games (Sabres x 2, Flames, Columbus)

Pavs should lead the Jets to at least 2nd pick.

Last edited:

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
The Oilers and Canucks need to pick it up. The Oilers have played the most games out of all of the bottom feeders. Here's hoping that they go on a decent winning streak.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The Oilers and Canucks need to pick it up. The Oilers have played the most games out of all of the bottom feeders. Here's hoping that they go on a decent winning streak.

Oilers are getting healthier.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno

the intriguing team in the tank race?
Canucks.
4-6 in the last 10 (Oilers are 6-4).
they play the Oilers THREE times. that can vault the Oilers out of the basement.
plus, the eyeball test shows that the Canucks are playing some putrid hockey.
i wouldn't be shocked if they come close to losing out the string. they're looking that bad and their schedule is that weak.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Jets will likely go 1-3 in the next 4, but i wouldn't be shocked if they beat the Hawks tomorrow

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Yeah. The Jets have objectively the hardest schedule remaining (strength of opp), so I don't see them winning any more than 3 of their remaining 12 games.

Chi
Ana
Van
LA
@Buff
@Phi
Ott
Chi
Min
@Ana
@SJS
@LAK

That's ridiculous.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yeah. The Jets have objectively the hardest schedule remaining (strength of opp), so I don't see them winning any more than 3 of their remaining 12 games.

[snip]

That's ridiculous.

I like it - they can play well, we can get some good looks at rookies (and hopefully Armia and Ehlers come back before the end of the season), and yet have little to show for it in terms of W's down the stretch. I'll be happy if I'm entertained while watching Scheif and the other rookies light the lamp, to no avail.

Guilty Party

Healthy Scratch 4lyfe
Jan 28, 2013
ThunderBay
A night to remember for the tank! Almost perfect.
A crucial win by Calgary in a 4 pt game. Tank commander in fine form.
A 3 pt night in Buffalo with a +1 to Montreal's ROW, AND the coilers get a win in regulation?!?
Only VanCity ***** the bed. And really that's not too surprising.
Tank on Jets!

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Ondrej is a giant for the tank.

Can't wait for that other guy to be a giant in the net next year. I don't know how Oiler fans have done this draft-watching for 10 years, geez it sucks the life out of you as a hockey fan. I actually forgot there was a game yesterday, first time in a long time I did that!

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I still think Helle will get the call for a couple games along the way, but Pav will get half the remaining games

Whether this happens or not will be a good indicator of whether the Jets management are in tank mode.

If they don't call up Helle, then they're riding shotgun (turret?) along with all of us here. That's regardless of the official reason given for not playing Helle. That "official reason" (tm) (totally manufactured) will be a complete line of BS.

Not that a good line of BS isn't sometimes necessary. Although I would seriously laugh my ass off if Chevy, when asked about goaltending, said, "we're going to keep riding Pavs because we want a good draft pick." :laugh:

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Not that a good line of BS isn't sometimes necessary. Although I would seriously laugh my ass off if Chevy, when asked about goaltending, said, "we're going to keep riding Pavs because we want a good draft pick." :laugh:

Maybe when Chevy said last year that Pavelec hadn't reached his potential yet, he meant his potential as an .870 goalie.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Maybe when Chevy said last year that Pavelec hadn't reached his potential yet, he meant his potential as an .870 goalie.

He needed to ride him to a bottom out. His injury almost threw a wrench into things but the PP and Stu on the PK came to the rescue.

White Out 403*

Can't believe how happy I am to see ondrej starting games. Within this context lol.

All I want for us is a top three pick. Top three this year are all going to be nhl players next year. If Chevy pulls his head out of his arse and gets Pavelec out of here, signs some cheap talent for bottom 6 we may be ok

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
At what draft pick do we start getting into "May not be ready for the NHL yet" ?

I have heard similar that the top 3 (Matthews, Laine, Pulujarvi) are NHL ready but am curious about farther down the list. I hate this whole tanking thing so I hope we get relatively immediate return on investment.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Can't believe how happy I am to see ondrej starting games. Within this context lol.

All I want for us is a top three pick. Top three this year are all going to be nhl players next year. If Chevy pulls his head out of his arse and gets Pavelec out of here, signs some cheap talent for bottom 6 we may be ok

Pffftt....ya me too! But when does it stop? I can't do this again next year.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

If we get one of the top 3 an NHL ready forward I can't see any depth signings. The forwards will be made up of Scheif, Wheeler, Ehlers, Little, MP, Stafford, Connor, high draft pick, Burmi, Dano, Armia & Lowry. You will then have Copp, lipon, Kosmo, Petan and Thor fighting to fill out the roster. No way they try to stick the kids back in the box.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Pffftt....ya me too! But when does it stop? I can't do this again next year.

I think Pavs has actually had two important seasons in a row so this hasn't been too ugly. Last season he had a career year and his play in the last month helped give us a taste of a white out. This year up to this point he got injured for a bit which gave Helle his much needed exposure to the NHL but Pavs has also been pretty instrumental with Hutch in assisting the tank. For very different reasons both have been effective seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig