Tank is running out of gas - Tank Thread 2015/16 (Part VII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Jets along with the Blue Jackets are the sad sack on NHL franchises. BJs with their trademark win streak to end the season and Jets follow suit.

After playing garbage night after night, taking stupid penalties, being unable to kill the said penalties, icing non-optimal teams and playing a ****** ass game and being a true bottom feeder the entire season, they pull this crap, they don't even take a goddamn penalty in the last game :rant: Just ensures that the fans don't get a glimpse of hope.

As I said in the Kyle Connor thread, nothing good ever happens to the Jets or those associated with them. I bet 3 teams behind us leapfrog us. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit of our key players get injured during the world cup.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Jets along with the Blue Jackets are the sad sack on NHL franchises. BJs with their trademark win streak to end the season and Jets follow suit.

After playing garbage night after night, taking stupid penalties, being unable to kill the said penalties, icing non-optimal teams and playing a ****** ass game and being a true bottom feeder the entire season, they pull this crap, they don't even take a goddamn penalty in the last game :rant: Just ensures that the fans don't get a glimpse of hope.

As I said in the Kyle Connor thread, nothing good ever happens to the Jets or those associated with them. I bet 3 teams behind us leapfrog us. And it wouldn't surprise me one bit of our key players get injured during the world cup.

You are incredibly negative. Your glass is completely empty. Some others have a more optimistic outlook on life.

You have a right to your gloom though. So carry on.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013

I can't put into word how disgusting that win was tonight...your completely right....feeling good for players who perform in garbage time but disappear earlier when it counts is delusional...

The only reassuring thing is the overwhelming odds of staying in the top 8. I still think we can get a good player.....but this is far far far from the ideal situation.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
You are incredibly negative. Your glass is completely empty. Some others have a more optimistic outlook on life.

You have a right to your gloom though. So carry on.

You are right, I'm probably being overly negative at the moment, these last 5 games have pushed me to the edge of the ledge. I think why a lot of people are upset is that they had made peace with the Jets being terrible this season and reached some sort of internal state of acceptance with hopes towards the draft, these last 5 games shattered so much of that, hence the number people on the ledge after tonight. Outlook will probably improve in a few days, lots of raw nerves after this game afaiac

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Got to thinking about the Oilers with Hall, RNH, Yak and McD. They didn't finish with 9 pts in the last 5 games. We don't have their high pick stars but they don't have the guts to tank as badly as we did. I'd rather have the team that got the 9 points.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Yup. There's nothing wrong with the Jets but bad luck. :sarcasm:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Exactly, there is no need for all this negativity - the boys just won 4 straight!

You realize those wins meant nothing right? You realize each team we beat played badly right? You realize each of those teams we beat took us lightly b/c we suck right? You realize those wins hurt our draft position right? You realize those 4 wins don't help us in the long term right?

4 meaningless wins.......absolutely nothing to be happy about. ****ing Jets...:rant:

Now watch the Jets will luck out win a top 3 pick and some will claim Chevy is a genius or that he had it planned all along. :laugh:

Say What

Building a Legacy 4/28/96 Never again!!
Jan 18, 2015
You realize those wins meant nothing right? You realize each team we beat played badly right? You realize each of those teams we beat took us lightly b/c we suck right? You realize those wins hurt our draft position right? You realize those 4 wins don't help us in the long term right?

4 meaningless wins.......absolutely nothing to be happy about. ****ing Jets...:rant:

Now watch the Jets will luck out win a top 3 pick and some will claim Chevy is a genius or that he had it planned all along. :laugh:

:facepalm:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Yup. There's nothing wrong with the Jets but bad luck. :sarcasm:

I didn't say "bad luck", I said bad things happen to the Jets ;) some of those things are poor luck and some are self inflicted wounds like Pavs/Stu.

Just realized, if the Flames at #5 win the lottery, this win is going to haunt the fanbase summer. On the other hand if we win it, I'll feel like an idiot for blowing my head over this :)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
And with that, the tank has well and truly run out of gas. Time to close up shop, and wait for the lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad