Proposal: Tanev to NYI

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Turn NYI's Sebastian Aho into the good Sebastian Aho from Finland, and we've got a deal!

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks have a set core, Edler and Tanev anchor Vancouver's defense. It is not a particularly strong unit and I believe they planned for Tryamkin to be a major component.

IMO, Edler is much more suited to trade. If he is dealt, Canucks should keep Tanev for continuity.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
MDC is a gamble to acquire so he doesnt hold huge value imo.

MDC, a 1st round pick & a prospect D for Tanev

MDC is going to need to clear waivers next year correct? That does lower his value also slightly.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Turn NYI's Sebastian Aho into the good Sebastian Aho from Finland, and we've got a deal!
Sometimes I've wondered if we're all thinking of the same Aho: the Swedish defenceman who was an Islanders fifth-round pick; or the Finnish forward who was a Hurricanes second-round pick?

The OP correctly identifies Aho as a defence prospect, so it seems he's got the right guy.

Big gap, though, between the OP and a first and two seconds. No happy medium here?

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
MDC is a gamble to acquire so he doesnt hold huge value imo.

MDC, a 1st round pick & a prospect D for Tanev

MDC is going to need to clear waivers next year correct? That does lower his value also slightly.
Mdc, 2nd, 3rd, and aho (d prospect)

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Ive been back and fourth on the trade Tanev front.

Van has zero depth at D, and little on rout via prospects. I dont see how any rebuilding team can trade their best D when they are so weak, unless they are getting a D with top pair potential coming back. Dmen just take too long to develop, so you honestly need to target that position FIRST in any rebuild IMO. Then down the middle...

Otherwise the Canucks stand pat on Tanev unless someone wants to overpay for his services. They simply cannot tear down that position... itll only extend the rebuild... ask the Oilers and Sabers.

CBJ got it, drafting Dmen high, and trading their top center for another... now look at em.

For the Canucks, Juolevi is IMO going to be a top 4 steady all situation vanilla Dman. He will have value to the team moving forward, but Vancouver needs to find top pairing potential.

Until they fill out the system with Dmen, I think they have to keep Tanev so the team doesnt bottom out for another 5 years, and ruin the nice looking group of forwards. If you think theyre bad now... moving their top dmen will only make matters worse.

This is why every Vancouver fan is on their knees praying for Dahlin. His addition is the missing link. Certainly other pieces to add, but the core of Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Dahlin, Demko would be a formidable group to build around moving forward, especially with a strong secondary group in Gaudette, Lind, Juolevi, Gadjovic, Dahlen looking like theyll be NHLers soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad