Proposal: Tanev to NYI

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
the original proposal left vancouver short changed.......but some of these counter proposals are just downright ridiculous!!
a first and 2 seconds?
two firsts??
How is a first and 2 2nds ridiculous? NYI set that bar themselves when they traded Hamonic. Hamonic has 6pts a minus 5 in 46 gp. Tanev has 11pts plus 8 in 34 gp. But it's ridiculous to ask for the same return

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
How is a first and 2 2nds ridiculous? NYI set that bar themselves when they traded Hamonic. Hamonic has 6pts a minus 5 in 46 gp. Tanev has 11pts plus 8 in 34 gp. But it's ridiculous to ask for the same return
Calgary paid based on the hope of Hamonic returning to his '15-16 form, at which point he was worth more than Tanev

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
ottawa overpaid for duchene to boost their team......and its not really working out too well for them is it?
so if calgary makes a debatable trade, and ottawa makes a bad trade, why does garth have to follow suit?

Id say Ottawa made a shit trade that didnt boost their team given I dont consider Duchene an upgrade over Turris.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
ottawa overpaid for duchene to boost their team......and its not really working out too well for them is it?
so if calgary makes a debatable trade, and ottawa makes a bad trade, why does garth have to follow suit?
I mean EDM made a 'bad' value trade for Larsson but wouldn't take it back.
I don't think CGY fans would trade back Hamonic either.

#2-3 Defensemen who are decent to good in their own zone cost a good chunk. It may seem like a 'bad' trade considering you're not gaining very much offence from the backend for them, but they'll atleast stop some of the bleeding in the backend.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
so they overpaid for someone who didnt boost their team.
so my question remains.......why should garth have to overpay?

That's because Ottawa showed their level of incompetence.
Meanwhile Tanev would boost the D-core on the Isles by a big margin especially when it's area of weakness for the team.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I still can't believe that a MDC for Tanev thread has 2 pages and people are actually dicussing value.

Must be trade deadline time.
I see it more as an Aho (+MDC) for Tanev deal personally. Not going to deny the favorable outlook for the Islanders though, it's definitely one-sided. But like many here that don't even recognize Aho as a player in this deal, I'm not the highest person on Tanev either.

Reactions: IODCPiper

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
Tanev is a top Dman . You want him. You pay the price.
hes third in ice time per game.
hes second in penalty killing time per game. ( which would probably improve the islanders penalty killing fiasco )
he has damn near no power play time.
he averages less than half a hit per game.
he is a -3 in give away/take away. ( which is probably better than any current islanders defenseman )
and he is 5th in blocked shots.

im sorry, but that does not scream to me that he is worth a first and two seconds.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
hes third in ice time per game.
hes second in penalty killing time per game. ( which would probably improve the islanders penalty killing fiasco )
he has damn near no power play time.
he averages less than half a hit per game.
he is a -3 in give away/take away. ( which is probably better than any current islanders defenseman )
and he is 5th in blocked shots.

im sorry, but that does not scream to me that he is worth a first and two seconds.
1st and 2nd. would get it done for me. 2 2nds might be a bit much.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
the original proposal left vancouver short changed.......but some of these counter proposals are just downright ridiculous!!
a first and 2 seconds?
two firsts??
Tanev is better at his position than Duchene is at his position and look at what Duchene got.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Tanev and Virtanen for Aho, 1st round pick, two 2nds.

Tanev = Aho + 1st + 2nd

Virtanen = 2nd (I think he still has the chance to be a long term, effective, cost controlled bottom sixer with wheels... But not really anything more).

We have no reason to trade Tanev, and it would take a slight overpayment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad